Cesc Fàbregas

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Arsenal have a buy back clause (not sure if it's 25 or 30 million) but if course they won't activate it until we want to get rid if him or he wants out. If we accept your pathetic bid then it implies he's no longer wanted, and cesc would also probably want to leave. Arsenal come in and buy him using the clause and he will go there instead of Manchester.

Do you see now how ridiculously stupid your bids are? We don't want to sell and even if we did accept its 90% likely he'd go to arsenal anyway. Your management is incompetent to say the least.

Banana-Rama

Arsenal have a buy back clause (not sure if it's 25 or 30 million) but if course they won't activate it until we want to get rid if him or he wants out. If we accept your pathetic bid then it implies he's no longer wanted, and cesc would also probably want to leave. Arsenal come in and buy him using the clause and he will go there instead of Manchester.

Do you see now how ridiculously stupid your bids are? We don't want to sell and even if we did accept its 90% likely he'd go to arsenal anyway. Your management is incompetent to say the least.

if barca accept united's bid and he agrees to leave he'll be joining us not arsenal, fabregas does not automatically become an arsenal player just because they trigger that clause, he can sign a contract with whomever he wants, don't be so naive to swallow that ''fabregas loves arsenal so much he would never join united'' nonsense, i said from the start that i cannot see him moving to us but it won't have anything to do with the arsenal clause...

akaranzo

if barca accept united's bid and he agrees to leave he'll be joining us not arsenal, fabregas does not automatically become an arsenal player just because they trigger that clause, he can sign a contract with whomever he wants, don't be so naive to swallow that ''fabregas loves arsenal so much he would never join united'' nonsense, i said from the start that i cannot see him moving to us but won't it won't have anything to do with the arsenal clause...

That is true though, if Fabregas returns to England it will be Arsenal and no other club, I can guarantee you that.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
He's said himself several times the only club he'd leave for is arsenal. It's not even an emotional decision either. With moyes there is uncertainty at old Trafford while arsenal are on the up and when they finally pull the trigger and start spending cash they will be title challengers ( in theory they should be doing it this preseason but wenger says there's "a lot of money and not many available players") He would fit right back in there and live in London as opposed to Manchester. Easy choice really.

He's staying here anyway and both himself and the board want him to stay. You have no chance of signing him.

Banana-Rama

That is true though, if Fabregas returns to England it will be Arsenal and no other club, I can guarantee you that.

you cannot guarantee anything of the kind, you have no idea what fabregas will do when it comes down to making that decision. the facts of the situation are that manchester united are bidding for the player because they believe they have a chance of signing him, the club would not be bidding for a third time if there had not been some encouragement that a deal is possible. the season starts in 3 weeks and we haven't signed anyone, united would not be deliberately wasting time on this as nothing good can come from that and it would not go down well with united fans or the media...

He's staying here anyway and both himself and the board want him to stay. You have no chance of signing him.

i have said repeatedly that i don't think we will sign him so i have no idea why you feel the need to keep saying this...

Last edited:

ceefoo

...why on earth would barca put that clause in his contract, do they have a fetish for losing millions...
Maybe they figured that Cesc would be a mainstay in the Barca team for the next 7-8 years, taking him up age 31-32. So 25m for a 31 year old is still good money.

Not sure exactly how the buy-back clause works though. Whether it just applies to his initial contract or if it runs concurrently during his time at the club, including contract extensions. :unsure:

ManUtd

He's said himself several times the only club he'd leave for is arsenal. It's not even an emotional decision either. With moyes there is uncertainty at old Trafford while arsenal are on the up and when they finally pull the trigger and start spending cash they will be title challengers ( in theory they should be doing it this preseason but wenger says there's "a lot of money and not many available players") He would fit right back in there and live in London as opposed to Manchester. Easy choice really.

Firstly, a respectful hello to all the Barca fans here.

Secondly, to the quote above, no player in their right minds would choose Arsenal over United due to a reason such as "Arsenal are on the up". The last time they had a more dominant era was over a decade ago. Moreover Moyes is a great manager, and our ambition doesn't falter because a manager changed.

Stric

Welcome to the forum!

Secondly, to the quote above, no player in their right minds would choose Arsenal over United due to a reason such as "Arsenal are on the up".

Coming from a United supporter.... of course they would, if they are hardcore Arsenal supporters like Fabregas is.

Trickykid

First we had the Thiago induced Man Utd invasion on the forum, and we all know it ended in heartbreak for the poor gullible sods. Now it seems it's time for the Fab induced invasion. I doubt our newfound friends will have better luck this time around.

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
Moyes is delusional and wasting his time. Barcelona really have no cover for Xavi and our squad isn't all that deep to sell Cesc after we just lost Thiago.

Valdes was the only player who started more games than Cesc did in La Liga play last year.

PaCmAn

Twitter really do have some bullshitters who think they are in the know.

@indykaila: I just checked my email & have great update regarding Manchester United Football Club, I will double check the info before posting. #MUFC

@indykaila: #MUFC source: #Fabregas has told certain London base reporters that he is willing to play under Moyes. This reporter is very respected.

@indykaila: Part 2: #MUFC source: #Wenger motives is still a worry for us, he not giving anything away regarding the #Fabregas situation. #AFC

Couldn't make it up better myself.

Superfly

Banned
BPr66ODCUAAIiNJ.jpg

BPXfwznCQAAXTqY.jpg

BPUnybdCQAASk7a.jpg

BPKK61RCQAEzzUy.jpg

BO6OEuTCEAAZZ6L.jpg

Indykaila talks shite. Don't even bother reading his tweets

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Moyes is delusional and wasting his time. Barcelona really have no cover for Xavi and our squad isn't all that deep to sell Cesc after we just lost Thiago.

Valdes was the only player who started more games than Cesc did in La Liga play last year.

Seriously, wtf is this Moyes guys problem. The rumours I've read are "ok,so we bid 25M - I hope we get him" 2 days later "ok, so they wouldn't accept our 25M bid - let's bid 30M, this time I'm sure we'll get him". WTF?! If this isn't 100% media made up story than Man U just got themselves a psychotic coach...

Banana-Rama

Seriously, wtf is this Moyes guys problem. The rumours I've read are "ok,so we bid 25M - I hope we get him" 2 days later "ok, so they wouldn't accept our 25M bid - let's bid 30M, this time I'm sure we'll get him". WTF?! If this isn't 100% media made up story than Man U just got themselves a psychotic coach...

all david moyes has said is that united have made a bid and that ed woodward, the chief executive is dealing with it, he hasn't said anything to suggest that he is ''psychotic'', and that is quite a disrespectful thing to say about a man who has been in football management for 15 years and has done a superb job everywhere he has been...

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans