Cesc Fàbregas

Meitux

He had three assists..
1. Alexis
2. Xavi
3. Pedro's 2nd
Well the ones for Alexis and Xavi were clear, in Pedro's second he didn't pass it to him, he lost it and ball got to Pedro's feet to score it but as i see they've given it as assist for Fabregas so 3.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
The scintillating form continues for Cesc...Didn't think his starting with Xavi was the ideal pairing but relieved of his usual midfield duties, Fabregas influenced the match from a higher position on the pitch...Hard to imagine Iniesta sitting but the rotations will pay dividends in Spring

He does look like he thrives playing a bit higher on the pitch. Although, Cesc does have the grit to play deeper as well.
In any case, I am glad he looked so comfortable and among our best players last night.

Corb

Special 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...
I only wish he keeps performing like that until the end of the season. It will be like a new signing.

ShandyFFM

I really love don Andres but if im honest i think Cesc is the better option for us this season. Andres slows down our game when going forward and Cesc is more of a direct going forward player !!! And that was one of our problems last season the pace in attack combined with pressing. Although its a known fact Cesc is making the most meters of all players Average of 12000m a game compared to Messis 8500m.

B

beautifulgame

I really love don Andres but if im honest i think Cesc is the better option for us this season. Andres slows down our game when going forward and Cesc is more of a direct going forward player !!! And that was one of our problems last season the pace in attack combined with pressing. Although its a known fact Cesc is making the most meters of all players Average of 12000m a game compared to Messis 8500m.

Lol wow no. People blowing Cesc good performance out of proportion all over forum cuz of the novelty. I thought it was bad people thought he was MOM over Messi who was by far best player on field but not this? No, no, no.

ebc_99

Lol wow no. People blowing Cesc good performance out of proportion all over forum cuz of the novelty. I thought it was bad people thought he was MOM over Messi who was by far best player on field but not this? No, no, no.

He played really well but your right people are blowing it out of proportion as he still has a lot to prove at Barca. He has to give such great performances when we need him and he has not done that yet.

Mitchell1978

We will need both.

BerkeleyBernie

Iniesta is a more conservative player than Cesc, and a poorer finisher. It's all fine to take risks against a team like Levante, but Barça could easily be hurt by better teams. With the better movement and pressing up front under Martino, I suspect Barça will a) score more goals, and b) be less likely to be hurt by loss of possession, in which case Cesc's directness won't be as much a liability as it could be. I suspect Martino has a good understanding of what each player has to offer, and will use each appropriately.

oz187

Good performance from Cesc. Was a bit sloppy in possession at times, but his cutting edge was fantastic and he created numerous opportunities. He also seemed comfortable and always seemed to want to get involved.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Iniesta slows down our game and cesc doesn't, my eyes are now bleeding.

lol. I'm gonna laugh when he inevitably again starts taking 5 seconds to control the ball and loses the ball at the slightest pressure.

There are times to use Cesc and there are times to use Iniesta. We'll need both. Closer to the box, Cesc is far deadlier than Iniesta at the final pass - his consistency with the creativity there is amazing. For parked buses, I would play both but if I had to pick, I would pick Cesc. For teams that put more pressure, I would pick Iniesta.

dmode

lol. I'm gonna laugh when he inevitably again starts taking 5 seconds to control the ball and loses the ball at the slightest pressure.

There are times to use Cesc and there are times to use Iniesta. We'll need both. Closer to the box, Cesc is far deadlier than Iniesta at the final pass - his consistency with the creativity there is amazing. For parked buses, I would play both but if I had to pick, I would pick Cesc. For teams that put more pressure, I would pick Iniesta.

Spot on

Gohan

Super Saiyan
We somehow need to make Iniesta - Cesc work together. Because imho it would be a waste to see Iniesta on the bench if he is 100% fit.

Home of Barca Fans