Cesc Fàbregas

JackaL

@barcastuff: Cesc: "I felt this week I wouldn't start, but I know what the coach wants from me. He sometimes wants less control, more direct play."

Hmm tells something about Tata.

ryaninho

@barcastuff: Cesc: "I felt this week I wouldn't start, but I know what the coach wants from me. He sometimes wants less control, more direct play."

Hmm tells something about Tata.

If he went for the firswt time shot rather than control the ball it would of been 1-2

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
I disagree with that. I feel Cesc came on and instantly improved our play. I thought he was a lot more dangerous going forward/attacking than Iniesta... if Pedro and Alexis didn't keep mishandling his passes he could have started a few potential plays. Xavi did play well, but I think Cesc did too for sure.
He had a good pass to Alexis but should've done better for his two chances and didn't really create that much or contribute to our game.

JackaL

If he went for the firswt time shot rather than control the ball it would of been 1-2

I think it is something Cesc somehow either forgot or doesn't do anymore because of his lack of self confidence. Remember the game against levante where he already dribbled as much as he could and than somehow didn't manage to shoot the ball because he was somehow too slow, gave he ball to Pedro and he scored. I saw that also last year, where Messi is able to shoot, Cesc needs always another microsecond to really shoot, which is an incredible disadvantage.

Let's see if that evolves this year positively.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Tata definitely likes Cesc the most out of all of our midfielders, I've felt this for a while, and said so here. However, he knows the hierarchy of the team dictates that Xavi and Iniesta are ahead of Fabregas right now.

We saw yet even more proof today that the slow build-up midfield of Xavi/Iniesta pairing is just no longer able to break down tough, disciplined teams who defend in a tight block. You need deep penetration and quick ball movement from the midfield.

I think you're going to see Tata play Cesc more and more as the season goes. Slowly but surely, he's going to phase one of Xavi or Iniesta from the starting lineup.

ryaninho

Tata definitely likes Cesc the most out of all of our midfielders, I've felt this for a while, and said so here. However, he knows the hierarchy of the team dictates that Xavi and Iniesta are ahead of Fabregas right now.

We saw yet even more proof today that the slow build-up midfield of Xavi/Iniesta pairing is just no longer able to break down tough, disciplined teams who defend in a tight block. You need deep penetration and quick ball movement from the midfield.

I think you're going to see Tata play Cesc more and more as the season goes. Slowly but surely, he's going to phase one of Xavi or Iniesta from the starting lineup.

+1 I also see this happening also

zealot

You nailed it dude. 100% agree. I believe Xavi is the one that will get phased out btw.

I think the final outlook once Tata fully implemented his idea should look like in 4-2-2-2 formation.

Pedro------------------Sanchez

--------Cesc-----Messi--------

---Iniesta-----------Busquets

Both Cesc and Messi will get to alternate and pick their own time to run forward. In other words now we have 2 false nine to fill up the gaps between opponents defender lines.

Well, at least that's my idea in order to get Cesc into first 11 :eusa_think:

Oh, and the wide forwards NEED to play more centrally from now on. Beat that last line of defense and use passes from Cesc and Messi more often.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
He was playing as a false nine not in midfield. For over a year now I've explained he is not as good there yet you all continue to slam him when he plays even an average game (because he was false nine).

BigBarcaBoy

You nailed it dude. 100% agree. I believe Xavi is the one that will get phased out btw.

I think the final outlook once Tata fully implemented his idea should look like in 4-2-2-2 formation.

Pedro------------------Sanchez

--------Cesc-----Messi--------

---Iniesta-----------Busquets

Both Cesc and Messi will get to alternate and pick their own time to run forward. In other words now we have 2 false nine to fill up the gaps between opponents defender lines.

Well, at least that's my idea in order to get Cesc into first 11 :eusa_think:

Oh, and the wide forwards NEED to play more centrally from now on. Beat that last line of defense and use passes from Cesc and Messi more often.

aren't you forgetting someone ?:neymar:

sukhy

Can't believe I'm gonna say this, but Barca looked alot better with Cesc on the pitch, than with Messi. Alexis wasn't scared to take people on, plus Neymar and Cesc find each other with some very crisp passing. I really think we should play with Neymar--Messi--Cesc up front, they interchange really well

Truthist

He should be starting now, his all action style and direct approach makes us far more dangerous and far less predictable.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Home of Barca Fans