Cesc Fàbregas

Alik

He has become too "unselfish". Really needs to take the shots when he gets them.

Still, when he is in midfield that isn't a problem.

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
In situations like last night, we need to be more direct and that is where Cesc comes into his own with his vision.

lostchild

Can't believe I'm gonna say this, but Barca looked alot better with Cesc on the pitch, than with Messi. Alexis wasn't scared to take people on, plus Neymar and Cesc find each other with some very crisp passing. I really think we should play with Neymar--Messi--Cesc up front, they interchange really well

go to your room and think about what you just said
:tito1:

lostchild

I agree, he and Neymar changed the match.

disagree

the Xavi+Alves double pass + dani's cross + Neymar's header changed the match

Cesc got a chance and wasted it, again. and i really think he didn't get this chance because of his wonderful vision, just because Atletico were tired of this horrible 11 players bunker, and we managed to get some balls in..

it could have easily been either Pedro, Alexis, Neymar, Messi... maybe one of them would actually finish it. :(

Corb

Special 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...
disagree

Cesc got a chance and wasted it, again. and i really think he didn't get this chance because of his wonderful vision, just because Atletico were tired of this horrible 11 players bunker, and we managed to get some balls in..

it could have easily been either Pedro, Alexis, Neymar, Messi... maybe one of them would actually finish it. :(

Cesc gave more dynamism to the match. It was very slow and unharmfuly before.

Stric

A club that has Fabregas and Neymar come on as subs. :worthy:

He's no Messi, but I don't get why people claim he's a bad choice for the false #9 role. Comparing to Messi, no one is. Not comparing to Messi, he's about as good as it gets. He's at his best behind a striker, though, I won't disagree.

lostchild

Cesc gave more dynamism to the match. It was very slow and unharmfuly before.

the game was slow because there were about 11 players in Atletico's defense line.. its hard to break for ANY team .. because thats as far as u get from playing football imo.
and of course also, again, because we didnt press at all, i cant remember any player other than Pedro or Sanchez pressing Atletico so hard to get them confused or stressed.
and we played so slow it was really really sad ... just like last year and the year before.

i dont think Cesc is horrible.. i just he cant substitute the wingers or Messi.. the whole idea of the forwards is quickness..
yes, he has his amazing inside runs from time to time.. so i dont mind him playing there once in a while, for a change, to keep things interesting and not predictable..
but it would be a lot better for him to replace Iniesta (or even Xavi) when he is tired or injured or just plays bad .. he can make his inside runs there, he can make passes, long balls.. and his slow pace wont be such a flaw there, i think..

the thing is Messi is not just a "behind a striker"... he can get past defenders (Cesc has no 1v1) , he mainly uses his quick decisions (horribly slow) and overall fast play to create and finish chances (i wouldnt rate his finishing as really good :))

i think Fabregas can do it as much as Iniesta can do it if he tries..

i always wished we go for Bernard one day :/

F

Flavia

2013-08-21_OTRO_ATLETICO-BARCELONA_18-Optimized.v1377180302.JPG

:lol:

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
disagree

This. There was no difference until we scored.

Kerrybai

I wonder what happened to "sell cesc buy Gundogan"?

I think a lot of people failed to see why Cesc wasn't performing, i.e. he was been asked to perform a role that didn't suit him. Perhaps Gundogan would have been better suited to that role, but I suspect he would have had the same difficulties. Thankfully Tata has given Fabregas the freedom he needs to excel.

Home of Barca Fans