Cesc Fàbregas

Richard.H

Xavi plays a ridiculous amount of minutes every season and by the time we reach March/April, he's exhausted/tired as hell.

Split the minutes between Xavi and Cesc. Let Xavi still do his magic and be 100 % fresh when the hard part of the season starts.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I think so too but the fact is alexis will always play wide and cesc is always messi's backup. So when messi is I mired we shouldn't be surprised that cesc plays false nine.

Truthist

He's playing false nine because messi is injured...

Even then he was very good in th first half.

But he shouldn't be should he? He's clearly not suited to that role but we just play him there to keep the status quo going.

Xavi is a living legend but its clear Cesc should be playing in that position and being allowed to bring his dynamism to that role.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Hamzah

High Definition Member
No Xavi should play as long as he is fit. He gets the ball from the defence and builds up play, and keeps the tempo. We're lost without him. We don't have a similar player in the squad since thiago left.

Iniesta however is off form and as soon as messi is fit again I would let cesc play instead of him.

Indignado.... I want alexis as a false nine but the reality is that Tata probably won't do that...

BerkeleyBernie

I finally put my finger on what I don't like about Cesc: his play is narcissistic. He sees the world through Cesc-colored glasses- what clever pass/dink/etc can I make that will be fun for me? Granted, it's not necessarily a bad thing for the team, because he can be quite good at it. But it takes away from the fluidity of the game. When the ball gets to Cesc, there is a second lag time as it enters "Cesc's World- A Magical Place Where Clever Flicks Happen." He sets his sights on something clever, but you get the feeling he doesn't know what else is going on- kind of like a striker's single-mindedness about shooting, he has the same tunnel focus on getting a ball to a player in the box.

It also shows in his petulant attitude towards refs. While Alves comes off cartoonish, Cesc seems more like an angry child who doesn't get everything his way.

Stric

I don't agree with all the no-Cesc-at-false-9 comments. That position is borderline perfect for him. I thought he did great tonight. Especially in the first half, he was brilliant. Started losing it in the second. But all in all, great game.

kollegah

just watched highlights of yesterdays game, only thing i saw cesc doing, was putting his hands on his had for nto scoring

Home of Barca Fans