Cesc Fàbregas

Garrus

Cesc definitely hasn't reached his peak with Barcelona, His recent fantastic form is just the beginning, In time he can be as irreplaceable as iniesta or xavi.

Stric

I so want to see Cesc open his first can of whoopass at the Bernabeu tonight. :wub: If he is focused, he could be the deciding factor in tearing down RM's defense.

JackaL

The Cesc hating in this forum was unbelievable, seems he proves a lot of them wrong ;)

One advice for all of us would be not to look for a new Xavi and believe that any of our players will replace Xavi when he retires. It's just unfair for the other players. Whether Cesc nor Thiago should be or will be Xavi. Football changes over time, Thiago and Cesc have to find their own position and own importance within this team.

jamrock

People need to stop over doing it now though, he is player well, not off the charts amazing, but look how horrible he was trying to be a midfielder last season, he has looked a lot better now that he and the club now his limitations, if they had listen to they would have known this.

Hope he keeps it up, but I want some mvp

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
People need to stop over doing it now though, he is player well, not off the charts amazing, but look how horrible he was trying to be a midfielder last season, he has looked a lot better now that he and the club now his limitations, if they had listen to they would have known this.

Hope he keeps it up, but I want some mvp

735be6e1_kermit-bale-nod.gif

You're right. I'm also worried about how we'll do when facing top sides, since our defense isn't as strong with Cesc/Iniesta on the wing as opposed to a a fast winger with good stamina such as Alexis, Tello or even Villa when fully fit. And I'd rather play Xavi and Iniesta in midfield for added control. With that said Cesc is a good option against most league teams.

oz187

And I'd rather play Xavi and Iniesta in midfield for added control. With that said Cesc is a good option against most league teams.

Playing Iniesta on the wing is what gives added control since it's like an extra midfielder at the expense of a forward. It may hurt the pressing game, but it certainly improves the possession game which is what provides the most defensive stability.

raedkuwait

yes he scored a goal, but he was very very very slow on that chance where he was one on one
like a turtle moving, come on we need real attacker up front, not midfielders

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Aside from the goal and the amazing pass to Pedro, he was pretty average... I really expected more from him, especially in a big game...

CatalinR10

I'm realy happy that he scored tonight but too bad he didn't score one more goals with those 2 huge chances he got .

E

estranged

Yep, he has been good this year, but nothing can mask the fact that he is a clumsy ass clown.

J

jtmx12

Crappy first half... Interesting 2nd half...

He can clearly play in a lot matches, but I always said that he has no room in important matches, I'd put Villa over him, sadly Tito doesn't agree with me. He rathers see Pedro alone against 4 defenders ... and Messi, Cesc, Iniesta & Xavi in the midfield... just wasting time and not doing much with the ball.

For some reason everyone loves the line up with this overbooking in the midfield, but I always said that against a decent team, this wouldn't work. Sadly, I wasn't wrong, and this was one of the worse real madrids as well. Ronaldo failed easy chances, just like Benzema. We could have been raped before Cesc had the chance to score.

Last edited:
E

estranged

Well, that's what he was at Arsenal, no? Ruthlessly effective at times, but a sluggish, clumsy ass clown.

Yes, pretty much. But honestly, I thought he missed a couple of passes to Messi which would have put Messi in a dangerous position, and I don't like to bring it up, but that miss was pretty bad too.

raedkuwait

the way i say it, since he came, he is taking villa playing time, iniesta is playing in his wrong
position and he cost us cl and will cost us cl again

Home of Barca Fans