Cesc Fàbregas

Y

Youngie

Fabregas is way too important for our attack to be left out of games where scoring is as important as it was today. We need to have him and Villa on at the same time. That would mean either Villa or Messi need to play on the right wing.

Yeah Villa can play RW or Iniesta can rest and Villa can play LW etc. The season is long.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Fabregas is way too important for our attack to be left out of games where scoring is as important as it was today. We need to have him and Villa on at the same time. That would mean either Villa or Messi need to play on the right wing.

I'd rather have Iniesta right and Villa left than the opposite

Galning

Need I remind certain people here. With Cesc in the team Barca is breaking all records this season and Messi is breaking all goal scoring records.

Dat logic.. according to that logic: Need I remind certain people here without Cesc Barça won all trophies in one single year?

J

jtmx12

Need I remind certain people here. With Cesc in the team Barca is breaking all records this season and Messi is breaking all goal scoring records.

Against small La Liga teams with big debts and no budget to sign decent players? since most of them have signed contracts with Media Pro to bradcast their matches... and Barca & Real Madrid get like the 50% of the profits, and the other 50% is divided for the next 18 teams... The system works against small teams, but against teams that can defend properly like Real Madrid it won't work. Overbooking in the midfielder, Cesc in means one striker out, and Pedro had 3 defenders constantly on him, and Messi had another 3 and couldn't do much either. Then there's the fact that Real Madrid pretty much killed themselves at the start of la liga, bringing Barca a big room of points to stay calm and not have to worry about them... and Mourinho just acting dumb as always and creating troubles...Then there's the fact that Cesc didn't win all the games by himself, he doesn't play alone...

Last edited:

hellsangel1

Cesc is sloppy, but he is incredibly involed in terms of attack. His off the ball movement must be the most overlooked part of his playing. Does anyone else notice how he makes him self available for a pass all of the time, and always puts him self in a great attacking position? (3-4 clear examples of that tonight, although the end product wasn't as good, unfortunately)

Against Madrid we need somebody who can control the tempo of the midfield and Cesc is not that type of player,his game is more about playing throughballs in the final third and making runs whereas we needed somebody who could make short quick passes and make it into a 'Barcelona-style' game and thus our midfield would be able to push more further along the pitch and impose the game in Madrid's half, it was incredible how at times Barca were playing counter-attacking football instead of a more controlled possession style game . Cesc is capable of making atleast 2 or 3 great passes in a game but he's also capable of losing the ball and making mistakes which makes him risky. Yes, he will create a few great opportunities but he will also waste a few as well and the margin of error against a great side like Madrid is very small.

Vapor

Ditto and
Ditto.

It's no coincidence that the season Fabregas is blossoming into great form we are breaking all records. He has been VITAL all season and was important here too even though he had somewhat of an off game.

Fabregas + Villa need to play together man seriously... the most creative final-pass midfielder and the best pure striker we have. It would be absolutely deadly... let's sacrifice Pedro and make it happen.

Y

Youngie

Dat logic.. according to that logic: Need I remind certain people here without Cesc Barça won all trophies in one single year?

Keep living in the past! I think you'll agree that Barca have improved 100% as a team since then.

Stric

I'd rather have Iniesta right and Villa left than the opposite

Fair enough. Iniesta's playmaking abilities can be used on both sides, and he doesn't shoot much, so it does make sense. I'd go for Iniesta-Messi-Villa or Villa-Cesc-Messi or what you said, Villa-Messi-Iniesta.

hellsangel1

'Playing Messi on the wing to accomodate Cesc' :lol: I don;t think so. It's ridiculous that on one hand you talk about the importance of scoring and on the other hand you want to sideline our best scorer on the wings.....

I mean, I realize the strides that Cesc has made this season but let's be realistic here......

Vapor

Against Madrid we need somebody who can control the tempo of the midfield and Cesc is not that type of player,his game is more about playing throughballs in the final third and making runs whereas we needed somebody who could make short quick passes and make it into a 'Barcelona-style' game and thus our midfield would be able to push more further along the pitch and impose the game in Madrid's half, it was incredible how at times Barca were playing counter-attacking football instead of a more controlled possession style game . Cesc is capable of making atleast 2 or 3 great passes in a game but he's also capable of losing the ball and making mistakes which makes him risky. Yes, he will create a few great opportunities but he will also waste a few as well and the margin of error against a great side like Madrid is very small.
You know, I agree with that. Our possession game was indeed much weaker than it has been in times past. And indeed that makes it much harder for us to calmly create chances in their third and come up with some brilliant chances.

Is that the fault of Cesc? I'm not so sure... not sure it can be all chalked up that. But having Iniesta + Xavi together in the midfield could certainly help for sure. Iniesta IS undoubtedly much better at the tight-space possession game/tiki taka movement.

Villa------Cesc-----Messi
Iniesta - Busquets - Xavi

Could be lethal. I wish the coaches were more adventurous and would try some of these line ups out one day.

Stric

We have Xavi for that. But OK, pull Iniesta back into the midfield, and put Villa-Cesc-Messi upfront. Cesc's role in this would be pretty much the same as his current one, as he and Messi are overlapping all of the time. Messi's role is what would change, that's the problem.

Birdy

Cesc should never start again a classico. Tonight's one proved it again..
Again and again.. He is below par. We need a flexible triangle in the center, able to distort their pressing..

Y

Youngie

Cesc should never start again a classico. Tonight's one proved it again..
Again and again.. He is below par. We need a flexible triangle in the center, able to distort their pressing..

Who scored for Barca?

Home of Barca Fans