Cesc Fàbregas

Vapor

I do think Cesc would make a good vice captain, but he'll probably need to gain a little more respect in the team before that can happen. Although Cesc has proven to be a great leader and possess leadership qualities, he hasn't really won anything major with the club yet (well... I mean he's won Liga, Copa, Super Cups and shit.. but not a UEFA CL). I feel that if we go far in the champion's league this season and Cesc shows up for the big games, then perhaps he will have earned enough respect to be accepted as a leader of the team.

Personally, I've always loved Cesc and I think he'd do great as a 3rd captain next season, but I don't think he has the seniority yet. Maybe in the future after Xavi is out the door and Cesc has a more important role in the team.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Won't happen. It will be 1. Xavi 2. Iniesta 3. Messi 4. Pique 5. Probably Busquets.

Though, I can see Iniesta asking to be 3rd captain, making Messi 2nd which means that he deservedly becomes our captain when Xavi retires. I think Messi will be a great captain. He has shown great signs of leadership for Argentina. People here are just underrating his abilities as always, I guess.

Last edited:

Armando929

Won't happen. It will be 1. Xavi 2. Iniesta 3. Messi 4. Pique 5. Probably Busquets.

Though, I can see Iniesta asking to be 3rd captain, making Messi 2nd which means that he deservedly becomes our captain when Xavi retires. I think Messi will be a great captain. He has shown great signs of leadership for Argentina. People here are just underrating his abilities as always, I guess.

Can't see Busquets being a captain. Not with his form in the last 2 seasons anyway. Pique is kind of shaky too. He needs to be led more than anything.

When Puyol and Xavi are done, I see it being Iniesta, Messi, and with the 3rd spot up for grabs, I could easily see Cesc taking it.

He's more worthy than most.

Vapor

I agree. I think Messi would actually do very well as captain, you can see how much he has matured in the past few years. He is a leader for Argentina and he is also the leader on Barcelona in that his level, his focus and his tenacity in his place rubs off and inspires everyone else. He could lead the team for sure, he already does in a few ways imo.

Can't see Busquets being a captain. Not with his form in the last 2 seasons anyway. Pique is kind of shaky too. He needs to be led more than anything.

When Puyol and Xavi are done, I see it being Iniesta, Messi, and with the 3rd spot up for grabs, I could easily see Cesc taking it.

He's more worthy than most.
Yes, I can see it being 1. Iniesta/Messi 2. Iniesta/Messi, 3. Fabregas.

I think Fabregas would make a good deal better of a leader than Pique... and Busquets as well.

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
Cesc was an okay captain for Arsenal so he would make a good vice captain for us but I doubt it would happen.

H

Haruko The Goon

Cesc was an okay captain for Arsenal so he would make a good vice captain for us but I doubt it would happen.

Class Captain. Apart from the head dropping and eventually leaving us part lol - overall I remember him as a good captain, very fond memories. Miss the guy so much.

Played like a little kid, which is a good thing, it was all natural. Love Cesc <3... One day... I wish. One day he'll come back. <3

Djab

Class Captain. Apart from the head dropping and eventually leaving us part lol - overall I remember him as a good captain, very fond memories. Miss the guy so much.

Played like a little kid, which is a good thing, it was all natural. Love Cesc <3... One day... I wish. One day he'll come back. <3

Forget it. He'll not return to Arsenal. Afterall he has Barca DNA,

Polymerase, and he is really needed here, brilliant in build up play, magnificent final passes, and fairly good goal scorer.

H

Haruko The Goon

Thats assuming you want him until he retires. And/or he wants to stay.

(Highley likely, as he's a Barca youth product, and you usually keep them until they retire, but look at Valdes... so, you never know ;) )

Hamzah

High Definition Member
He will go back to you when his best years are over and we have another player lined up. You will have to wait 6 years.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Very slow and disconnected from the game... There were two plays where I wanted to slap him across the face, the first one when Neymar passed and he just jogged by the ball until it was out of bounds and a through ball by Alves that he didn't even bother to chase... He was sluggish and should have been subbed earlier...

Home of Barca Fans