Cesc Fàbregas

Hamzah

High Definition Member
he wasn't tactically suited to the game. not his fault but martino.

dunno if anyone watched the bayern game but muller was out of place in that game, doesn't mean he is a bad player or should be sold.

Cesc signifies whats wrong with Barca. Players are selected based on Catalan nationality and pricetags. We hold onto players far too long, clinging to past glories thinking everything will be fine as only thing needed is to step on the pitch and play Tiki Taka and we will achieve glory. Nobody has the brains to make pragmatic decisions required for sustaining our success.

The only reason Cesc was bought because of his catalan roots. He was an emotional transfer brought on by Pique, Xavi and likes as they couldnt bear to be apart from their catalan and La Masia brother. Tito was too close to the players , hence Cesc started automatically. Tata doesnt have the balls to endure the shitstorm which will be created by the catalan press if he benches their "catalan heroes". Guardiola realized his mistake and wanted to sell him and Rosell refused, hence he left.

The best course of action would be to sell him for 50m to Man United and get players like Gundogan/Rakitic etc. who are better suited to us. But this is Barca and hence it will never happen and we are stuck with Cesc until his legs give out and he himself retires and costs us innumerable trophies.

Wow very nicely put!

Alarcón

The only hope we have is getting a coach with some footballing brains and enough courage to bench and sell players who don't perform. Fàbregas doesn't fit Barça's style of play and I'm very surprised that no one at the club sees this.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
what about all the games he won at the start of the season? you know points at the start count the same as points at the end right? he isn't even as bad as people make out in the second half of the season either.

he is still a valuable part of the squad that can be key to success.

F

Flavia

what about all the games he won at the start of the season? you know points at the start count the same as points at the end right? he isn't even as bad as people make out in the second half of the season either.

he is still a valuable part of the squad that can be key to success.

So he's only gonna play well for half a season, and you're ok with that?
I know you're a big fan of his, but every season Cesc makes clear he has no place here. Or you think he'll accept a second fiddle row?
Playing him today meant playing Iniesta and Neymar out of position. He can't bench Xavi. Barça needs a better midfielder, someone who will make benching Xavi possible, and it isn't Fabregas.
I don't hate him, I actually like him a lot. But he hasn't played a big part in one single big game since returning. he has never been really important. I think it's time to part ways.

coura

Banned
What did Iniesta for most of the season? I want facts please. How were his performances until February?

Very unfair to Fabregas this kind of treatment.

FC B

Cesc is a world class player, but he has no place in this Barça. He doesn't fit. Racking assists isn't the most important trait to be a Barça midfielder. He should go back to the epl. Arsenal or man utd.

That is exactly what I think too but especially about Alexis....

play him against weak la liga sides, otherwise he has no place in this team against tough oponents

I agree and Alexis is the same in that regard without any doubt whatsoever.

:lol:

ONE bad game? He's been bad since the new year started. 3 seasons of this now. It's time to do something.

Sure but he is not the only one in this shit situation and actions must be taken in both directions with no hesitation.

Last edited:

Ghost

He doesn't fit.

And he doesn't 'disappear' in the 2nd half of each season. We just face tougher teams and he is found out AKA brought back to earth.

F

Flavia

What did Iniesta for most of the season? I want facts please. How were his performances until February?

Iniesta did very well for several seasons. Including a very important goal against chelsea to make Barça reach a final. He has earned the right to be bad eventually.
This is nothing like Cesc, who disappears every second half of the season.

Alarcón

In any way, Iniesta stepped up in every big game so far as I recall. Fàbregas played well against the likes of Betis and Getafe. He has been like this ever since he arrived, only plays well against little teams who leave a lot of space. I don't think that is enough to play here.

Ghost

Really? Don does whatever he wants. He is allowed to have bad games every once in a while. You can't blame our most consistent player next to Leo. Dare I say, even #1.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I don't see how he has performed badly second half of the season. he wasn't suited to this game but he was important against city for example. he has been a part of big games since returning often getting key goals and assists. he brings something different to the midfield. more direct. a guy who can get between the lines and give a killer pass (not saying the others can't do this) and get a goal.

but i agree he will never take over from xavi. we should look for another midfielder. he should still be in the squad though.

Home of Barca Fans