Cesc Fàbregas

barcanuck

He's been playing with busi and Xavi, and still having one bad game after the other. Sorry if I have no more patience with him, but 3 years in a row, being useful only until december, is ridiculous. I wish he has a monster game against atletico and shut up everyone, me included. But if he's going to be an useful player only for half a season, and anonymous in the big games, he should go asap.

I just think he has no specific place he's bascially been confused to no end. He doesn't play Xavi's position because he barely plays it due to Xavi playing alot of games. I just want to see Iniesta - Cesc in the mid and let it roll.

F

Flavia

I just think he has no specific place he's bascially been confused to no end. He doesn't play Xavi's position because he barely plays it due to Xavi playing alot of games. I just want to see Iniesta - Cesc in the mid and let it roll.
Xavi plays a lot of games because he doesn't have a suitable replacement. Tata doesn't trust Cesc there, specially if it's a difficult game.

barcanuck

Xavi plays a lot of games because he doesn't have a suitable replacement. Tata doesn't trust Cesc there, specially if it's a difficult game.

But when will he play Cesc there for the big game and bench Xavi? When Xavi is 40 years old?

Antimadridista1

Exactly. Some people underestimate Xavi nowadays… he's too important in our system to be benched. And Cesc is definitely not the right replacement.

khorne

imo, having cesc in our squad is still better than not having him. Once xavi really can't keep up anymore, I'll be glad to play cesc. he can't replace xavi, true, but who could, in all honesty? xavi will be missed and our play will have to adapt to that, no matter what. Cesc has his merits, he is still a world class player and he knows the club and his teammates. he has the potential to be an asset.

The trouble is that right now, he really fucks up the harmony. But i mean there are options, he could play as super sub for one or two seasons, he could rotate against weaker teams, hell he could even go on loan for a year.

ebieymjunior

BhuY7W.gif

Haha, makes me laugh so much!

psychotsek

imo, having cesc in our squad is still better than not having him. Once xavi really can't keep up anymore, I'll be glad to play cesc. he can't replace xavi, true, but who could, in all honesty? xavi will be missed and our play will have to adapt to that, no matter what. Cesc has his merits, he is still a world class player and he knows the club and his teammates. he has the potential to be an asset.

The trouble is that right now, he really fucks up the harmony. But i mean there are options, he could play as super sub for one or two seasons, he could rotate against weaker teams, hell he could even go on loan for a year.

Players like Modric,Thiago and Verratti could potentially replace Xavi,they are just not available to us.

psychotsek

Oliver Torres also, in my opinion, and he is very much available.

Maybe he could but i haven't seen him playing other than a few youtube videos.He has the potential to become great.That said I wouldn't want a player who doesn't even start for his team to replace Xavi atm.

Last edited:
L

linetty

Maybe he could but i haven't seen him playing other than a few youtube videos.
He is a mix of Xavi & Iniesta... very enjoyable to watch, controls the game just like the Maestro with grace of the Don

would be available for not a very excessive price and he's a Spaniard

Alarcón

Óliver would be my main candidate but he's still very young and counting on him to replace Xavi next season would be a gamble. If Gündogan's health issues are solved, he's the best option.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
You're forgetting his good performance vs city and many good performances in clasicos over the years.

He is also able to unlock defences with his through passes and vision and he is a goal threat. He gets in between the lines. You need to use him in situations suited to him. If you play him against atletico bus he will look shit because he can't get between the lines. Most attacking midfielders would also look shit in this situation.

Also who says he's going to replace Xavi? Fabregas is not Xavi, fabregas is fabregas and we should use his skills because very few players have them. He won't play every game and neither will Xavi. Different players for different situations.

Xavi replacement can be bought next chance available.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans