Cesc Fàbregas

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Well Cesc will never be able to provide the running of Pedro... we can't just try to play our 11 most famous/best players without thinking about how it affects the teamplay.

Vapor

Of course. It's just a suggestion for an alternative to perhaps try, that's all. No matter who we bench we are sacrificing something from our play style.

Cesc MOTM. Tremendous display. If he had stayed on Barcelona would've won it. What was Tito thinking taking him off?

I hardly doubt it he played for the majority of the game, Had he pulled the trigger earlier before getting tackled like a boss by Varane we may have won the game instead he didnt

E

estranged

Another horrible performance for me, was in no man's land most of the match and Barca consequently played with 10 men until he got off the pitch.

F

Flavia

He wasn't as good today, but he looked tired to me. Rotations should start, play either him or Iniesta, and Villa or Alexis upfront. The team improved today when Villa came on.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Another horrible performance for me, was in no man's land most of the match and Barca consequently played with 10 men until he got off the pitch.

No man's land, that's exactly where he's been... He is all over the place and doesn't have a clear role in the team... This is obviously a bad patch because he has shown that he can be helpful both in midfield and attack, but right now he's more muscle than brain, because let's be honest, he hustles and tries hard, but he mostly does it centrally, getting in the way of the players that usually take that space and leaving the left flank uncovered...

Vapor

He needs rest, definitely slightly off of it. Needs to recharge.

Also I think part of him not having such great games is having no one up front to pass to. We need to sort out exactly how we're going to utilize Fabregas' playmaking ability.

Whenever we speak of subbing players for Fabregas, we always mention Iniesta or Villa but we rarely dare to mention Xavi. Xavi isn't always on peak form either, and there are times when I definitely think Xavi deserves to rest (also to recover for bigger games).

I think Cesc + Iniesta midfield has worked very well this season and could work very well for us in creating goal chances.

Villa - Messi - Tello/Sanchez/Pedro
Iniesta- Busquets - Fabregas

Cesc and Iniesta are 2 of the most creative midfielders we have in creating chances, both probably more creative in the final pass than Xavi at the moment. Xavi is more of the metronome, orchestrator, while Iniesta and Fabregas dribble or create lob passes/through balls like none other. Having those 2 linking up with the offensive-goalscoring attacking play of Villa and Tello (2 true forwards) I think would be highly productive.

Of course if we are to try this we should only do it in Liga games and less important games, just to feel it out. Surely Xavi has to play in our most important games against our best opponents but I think Cesc + Iniesta midfield with attacking forwards up front is not a bad substitution at all. Especially when Xavi is off form and Cesc is on fire.

Indignado

No man's land, that's exactly where he's been... He is all over the place and doesn't have a clear role in the team... This is obviously a bad patch because he has shown that he can be helpful both in midfield and attack, but right now he's more muscle than brain, because let's be honest, he hustles and tries hard, but he mostly does it centrally, getting in the way of the players that usually take that space and leaving the left flank uncovered...

Because Iniesta keeps stealing his position. Iniesta should either stick to the left flank (which I doubt he will) or we should play either Iniesta or Fabregas in the centre and put a real winger up front.

Indignado

He needs rest, definitely slightly off of it. Needs to recharge.

Also I think part of him not having such great games is having no one up front to pass to. We need to sort out exactly how we're going to utilize Fabregas' playmaking ability.

Whenever we speak of subbing players for Fabregas, we always mention Iniesta or Villa but we rarely dare to mention Xavi. Xavi isn't always on peak form either, and there are times when I definitely think Xavi deserves to rest (also to recover for bigger games).

I think Cesc + Iniesta midfield has worked very well this season and could work very well for us in creating goal chances.

Villa - Messi - Tello/Sanchez/Pedro
Iniesta- Busquets - Fabregas

Cesc and Iniesta are 2 of the most creative midfielders we have in creating chances, both probably more creative in the final pass than Xavi at the moment. Xavi is more of the metronome, orchestrator, while Iniesta and Fabregas dribble or create lob passes/through balls like none other. Having those 2 linking up with the offensive-goalscoring attacking play of Villa and Tello (2 true forwards) I think would be highly productive.

Of course if we are to try this we should only do it in Liga games and less important games, just to feel it out. Surely Xavi has to play in our most important games against our best opponents but I think Cesc + Iniesta midfield with attacking forwards up front is not a bad substitution at all. Especially when Xavi is off form and Cesc is on fire.

I agree that we should give that a try but without Xavi the transition from defense to attack won't be as good. We still need to find someone for Xavi's role, I don't know if Cesc or Thiago could take it.

Home of Barca Fans