Cesc Fàbregas

Stric

Cesc is being pushed out of his position by Iniesta. Not the other way around. Although some might argue that exactly what's happening when looking at the big picture. But either way, if the coach puts Iniesta on LW, that's where he should play. Cesc being all over the place is the result of Iniesta not doing that. Although he was doing a good job at it all season except for the last few games. And it was all working fine until recently.

And yes, it's clear that Cesc is tired.

Indignado

Cesc is being pushed out of his position by Iniesta. Not the other way around. Although some might argue that exactly what's happening when looking at the big picture. But either way, if the coach puts Iniesta on LW, that's where he should play. Cesc being all over the place is the result of Iniesta not doing that. Although he was doing a good job at it all season except for the last few games. And it was all working fine until recently.

I rest my case. Iniesta steals Cesc's position all the time. Cesc playing up front is not ideal.

Y

Youngie

Well I think Cesc lets Iniesta have his position and then roams.

karthik

Andres ahead of Cesc in the central midfield, especially if the opposition presses us very hard. Its important to not lose the ball, especially away from home.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101

Pretty sure Iniesta going inside is a tactical decision

Stric

Villa--------Messi
------Cesc-------
--Iniesta---Xavi--
----Busquets----

...everything covered. Midfield control and attacking prowess. In this way we make the most of everything we have. The standard Busquets-Xavi-Iniesta midfield, our two best attackers, and Cesc in a position where not only all his best features will easily surface, but where he'll be able to do wonders for the forwards.

Stric

Pretty sure Iniesta going inside is a tactical decision

Could be. I hope not, though, because it wouldn't be a very clever one, IMHO. How does a coach not see that having one entire flank empty does not help our attack? Especially when we need to score.

Cule4life

The Culest
Villa--------Messi
------Cesc-------
--Iniesta---Xavi--
----Busquets----

...everything covered. Midfield control and attacking prowess. In this way we make the most of everything we have. The standard Busquets-Xavi-Iniesta midfield, our two best attackers, and Cesc in a position where not only all his best features will easily surface, but where he'll be able to do wonders for the forwards.

+1

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
@Stric

That is probably the best starting eleven we can field (on paper at least) but how would you rest this formation?

jamrock

Suggested the diamond a while back the problem is our fullbacks will be overly exposed with montoya and abidal back

Stric

@Stric

That is probably the best starting eleven we can field (on paper at least) but how would you rest this formation?

When you think about it, the rotation possibilities are endless. But let's set that aside for a moment, because I put that formation as an example of what would be our best lineup, for the most difficult games. Obviously I'm not saying we couldn't rotate this lineup with others, including ones we're using now. But to answer your question, this is essentially the same formation we're using now (although you could interpret it as a diamond 4-4-2), only the players are occupying different positions among themselves, but basically all the resting/rotation schemes we're (not) using now could apply.

The lineup I mentioned above, though, would require imposing a more intense workrate on Messi, something which is more typical of Pedro or Alexis. But it's not as if Messi can't do it.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans