Cesc Fàbregas

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
His 2nd half of the season slumps are not acceptable and his future at the club does have to be in question. However, the fact remains that he has once again been thrown into the team without a clear role in order to accommodate Xavi. If we played a midfield of Busi-Cesc-Iniesta in these last couple of months and he underperformed then I'd have no doubts that he'd have to be sold. I know he has played games in midfield and still played poor but the poor form tends to begin once we get to the big games in the 2nd half of the season and try to shove him into the team along with all the other big names. Just when he appears to be getting sure of his role in the team he becomes lost again and when he returns to a normal midfield role he is already in a run of bad form/low confidence. He still should be playing much better but he hasn't been handled well by managers at this club....either play him in midfield with three attackers in front of him or dont play him at all.

While I agree, I'd still not be very sad if he was sold. But hey, maybe I'm naive - I mean, who would we buy instead? The grass is always greener...

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I'm against conspiracy theories, but given that we are knee deep in shit I might as well throw this out in the wild and see what people think...

Is there some clause in his contract that requires him to play certain matches?

F

Flavia

I'm against conspiracy theories, but given that we are knee deep in shit I might as well throw this out in the wild and see what people think...

Is there some clause in his contract that requires him to play certain matches?

I doubt it. Really improbable Barça would accept such a clause. He is Tata's favorite midfielder, though.

Another conspiracy theory is that Xavi was the one demanding more control and possession, after the game vs rayo, and that led to playing all 3 of them. Who knows what it is... If that's the case, a coach who doesn't bow down to xavi's will is needed.

Lomar1o

I doubt it. Really improbable Barça would accept such a clause. He is Tata's favorite midfielder, though.

Another conspiracy theory is that Xavi was the one demanding more control and possession, after the game vs rayo, and that led to playing all 3 of them. Who knows what it is... If that's the case, a coach who doesn't bow down to xavi's will is needed.

that's why board has to support the coach so that people wouldn't even think about things like this taking place. but the board is rotten, im sure they're the ones telling tata who to play not xavi. even tho xavi looks like he's capable of it.

Cule4life

The Culest
I couldn't watch the first leg, but I watched today, I watched the Clasico, I watched most big games, and we appeared no better when Cesc came off and the formation changed.

Dude you know I like your posts but this is utter BS.

If we sort out this transfer ban, more than likely he'll be sold.

As long as this board is in power he won't be sold because he's Catalan and a big name which is all what matters to them

What is this 2nd half of the season curse people are talking about? Is it a coincidence that it's the time when we face the biggest teams and when the true quality of a player is tested. Cesc keeps racking up assists against likes of Granada and Getafe in the first half of the season but when we face the big teams like Chelsea, Atletico etc he disappears. Have you people ever stopped to think that he just isn't good enough to play for us.
And just :facepalm: at people defending him by saying he does well for Spain at false nine. Theres a massive difference between of quality between international and CL teams.

CatalinR10

10253974_10152479569079305_7818204330651940186_n.jpg

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!

Actually, I think that might be true...

Either way, another bad match... He is so painfully slow in build up, he needs too much time to make a decision...

F

Flavia

Actually, I think that might be true...

Either way, another bad match... He is so painfully slow in build up, he needs too much time to make a decision...

Yeah. I know sometimes I sound like I hate him, but every match I hope he has a great display and shut us all up. everytime I get disappointed :(

Home of Barca Fans