Cesc Fàbregas

mac10

people saying it was pep that wanted him i suppose it was him that told puyol and pique to force the the barca top over him etc.....

Armando929

Pep did push to get Cesc here but it wasn't just Pep.

The whole Barcelona ORGANIZATION basically did from the players to the higher ups in the club who used the angle that Cesc was "stolen." Cesc has a lot of support in this club, that's for sure.

I think he's done well, in spite of bad performances in key games but he's often played out of position and it doesn't help him that we don't play with a striker up top that provides movement. We didn't lose the last 3 games because of him.

There's clearly something going on within the club/team that has affected everyone's morale and play. And it's probably been going on for most of the season, who knows.

zanela

You've had an agenda from the start. When he plays well you're nowhere to be seen, but you pop up now. It was Pep that insisted on him BTW. Also, Roma and BD are too small a club for Cesc and can't afford his wages. I agree it's probably best to sell him now but we could only sell to an English club.

It's a shame. People were against him from the start and he was never given a proper role in the team. He could have been a success.

May be for fanboys like yourself, racking up stats in blowouts is worthy of showering praise on the player, not so much for others who value an overall performance more. I usually have nothing to add to this thread, because neither the player nor his game interests me. The admiration for his game usually comes from premfaces, who measure footballer's greatness by mere stats, rather than the ability to tactically influence a game from start to finish. As a footballer, he's one-dimensional, and limited in his skillset. Heavy touch, poor control, lacks agility in movement, poor awareness and control in confined spaces, causing constant turnovers, and the list goes on. He can take his overrated verticality back to the EPL, Barca needs an intelligent skilful MF who know to reads a game, and Cesc ain't that. The day he puts in a standout shift in a game of importance, I may make an appearance here. Until then, i'll post where I want and when I want. Too bad if my lack of participation(or should I say fanboying) on here hurts your feelings.

jamrock

why do people always say pep wanted him and some kind of pass for him, yes pep wanted him. but pep also quickly realized his mistake.

in another world he would have been perfect for us,because he has talent. but at the moment he is not

mac10

why do people always say pep wanted him and some kind of pass for him, yes pep wanted him. but pep also quickly realized his mistake.

in another world he would have been perfect for us,because he has talent. but at the moment he is not

because mistakes aren't allowed what the fuck are you thinking!

Hamzah

High Definition Member
May be for fanboys like yourself, racking up stats in blowouts is worthy of showering praise on the player, not so much for others who value an overall performance more. I usually have nothing to add to this thread, because neither the player nor his game interests me. The admiration for his game usually comes from premfaces, who measure footballer's greatness by mere stats, rather than the ability to tactically influence a game from start to finish. As a footballer, he's one-dimensional, and limited in his skillset. Heavy touch, poor control, lacks agility in movement, poor awareness and control in confined spaces, causing constant turnovers, and the list goes on. He can take his overrated verticality back to the EPL, Barca needs an intelligent skilful MF who know to reads a game, and Cesc ain't that. The day he puts in a standout shift in a game of importance, I may make an appearance here. Until then, i'll post where I want and when I want. Too bad if my lack of participation(or should I say fanboying) on here hurts your feelings.

You're right. We should probably sell him. I'm just pointing out that if he had a proper role in the team he would have performed well.

Maria

Does he have compromising photos of Rosell and Bartomeu? Hard to explain why he keeps playing

Pep wanted him at Barca so you might want to shift some blame over there too.

Oh, nice. Same as with Ibra then. That absolves him.

Of course it absolves him. He isn't our coach since 2012 and he isn't the one who keeps playing Cesc, sends Iniesta on the LW and Neymar on the RW just so he could fit Cesc. Also if Tito wouldn't have wanted him, Cesc would have been sold instead of Thiago last summer. Though I forgot that according to you, Pep also stole Thiago.

Last edited:

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
When the team clicks his clumsiness is hidden away - but seriously, he lacks a lot of things to be on of our main CM's. I know this will be hard to grasp for many people, but he needs to be sold together with Song and probably Masch as soon as possible.

Superstar85

It might be hard for some to admit, but imo Barca needs to change or modify their style of playing. Not really to fit Cesc, but because this style has really ran it's course.

Superstar85

When the team clicks his clumsiness is hidden away - but seriously, he lacks a lot of things to be on of our main CM's. I know this will be hard to grasp for many people, but he needs to be sold together with Song and probably Masch as soon as possible.

I think you're forgetting that Barca can't recrute any player next season.

L

linetty

Pep wanted him at Barca so you might want to shift some blame over there too.
Yeah, and he was our second best player after Messi for some time.

2011/12... 15 goals, 16 assists
2012/13... 17 goals, 16 assists
2013/14... 17 goals, 11 assists

Those stats are pretty impressive to be honest. He's a beast when treated properly.

Home of Barca Fans