Cesc Fàbregas

Antimadridista1

Seriously, even if he's a very good player and everything you want, I just can't see him anymore wearing our shirt. Always here to make assists against Rayo Vallecano, but never here against big teams (City, Atletico, Madrid) to save our ass or to do at least something smart.
Too slow for our game ; we need dynamic midfielders, like Xavi was a few years ago and Cesc is everything but our future.

He should come back to Arsenal or go wherever he wants.

Superstar85

Seriously, even if he's a very good player and everything you want, I just can't see him anymore wearing our shirt. Always here to make assists against Rayo Vallecano, but never here against big teams (City, Atletico, Madrid) to save our ass or to do at least something smart.
Too slow for our game ; we need dynamic midfielders, like Xavi was a few years ago and Cesc is everything but our future.

He should come back to Arsenal or go wherever he wants.

Take for example the last 2 games against Madrid. In the 1st one, he made a clean through ball to Messi which left Messi 1v1 with the goal keeper and Messi didn't even get his shot on target. In the recent game against Madrid, there was the through ball to Messi in the 1st half which Messi miscontrolled and then looked at the ref wanting a penalty cause he felt Pepe held him back. Or even the pass from Iniesta to Cesc who then layed the ball in the surface for Neymar who wasn't fast enough.
So was it Cesc's fault they didn't score? Those occasions could have resulted in 3 assists.

Also in those games he scored and assisted in, what stopped other players from doing the same?

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Take for example the last 2 games against Madrid. In the 1st one, he made a clean through ball to Messi which left Messi 1v1 with the goal keeper and Messi didn't even get his shot on target. In the recent game against Madrid, there was the through ball to Messi in the 1st half which Messi miscontrolled and then looked at the ref wanting a penalty cause he felt Pepe held him back. Or even the pass from Iniesta to Cesc who then layed the ball in the surface for Neymar who wasn't fast enough.
So was it Cesc's fault they didn't score? Those occasions could have resulted in 3 assists.

Also in those games he scored and assisted in, what stopped other players from doing the same?

That's the thing, as of now his contribution is only in those select occasions. There is almost nothing that Fabregas does over the 90 minutes in support of his teammates/our play that makes us better and more fluid or lively. In the beginning of the season, sure. Now in his dung form? Not even slightly.

F

Flavia

When Pep left Valdes was 30, Pique 25, Busquets 23, Iniesta 27 and Messi 24 years old. So maybe we were in decline but we weren't in a worse position than Bayern was that year. The difference was that Hoeness fired their director of football in the summer of 2012 and brought Sammer, who bought Javi Martinez, Dante and Mandzukic. What did Rosell do? He kept Zubi, who bought Jordi Alba and someone who could do the job of Javi&Dante at the same time: Song.
So those of you who are still defending this board can repeat all you want that "Pep knew that this team was comming to end", but this won't make Rosell look any better.

It hurts to read it. It's impressive all stupid zubi, rosell and co were/are.

R

relaySM

It hurts to read it. It's impressive all stupid zubi, rosell and co were/are.

We needed a profound squad when pep left and after two seasons of being humiliated Zubi will probably make a move to replace only valdes and puyol

Stric

Because in the Spanish NT he's sitting on the bench in 8 out of 10 games.

This is such bs. Fact: only 5 players in Spain's latest/standard squad have more caps than Fabregas: all veterans - Iker, Ramos, Xabi, Xavi and Iniesta.

Under Del Bosque he's been a staple, as false 9 or otherwise.

13 appearances and 3 goals in 16 games in 2012 (an EC year), 11 appearances and 2 goals in 17 games in 2013.

Now please tell me more about him sitting on the bench 8 out of 10 times.

Last edited:

jamrock

yeah he has started to play from the start since he came to barca. but i dont that will be the case at the world cup.

villa and torres were injured or shit at the EC

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
yeah he has started to play from the start since he came to barca. but i dont that will be the case at the world cup.

villa and torres were injured or shit at the EC

Yeah, I don't think Torres will take any minutes from Cesc.

Ursegor

World Champion
This is such bs. Fact: only 5 players in Spain's latest/standard squad have more caps than Fabregas: all veterans - Iker, Ramos, Xabi, Xavi and Iniesta.

Under Del Bosque he's been a staple, as false 9 or otherwise.

13 appearances and 3 goals in 16 games in 2012 (an EC year), 11 appearances and 2 goals in 17 games in 2013.

Now please tell me more about him sitting on the bench 8 out of 10 times.

Not sure of serious. He has 56 caps under del Bosque. Almost half of them (24) from the bench and 22 times subbed off. Which means he completed 10 games in 5 years. Cazorla has actually played more. Same amount of caps (56), almost same amount from the bench (26) but subbed off a lot less (17).

DAT staple. :VdB:

Superstar85

Not sure of serious. He has 56 caps under del Bosque. Almost half of them (24) from the bench and 22 times subbed off. Which means he completed 10 games in 5 years. Cazorla has actually played more. Same amount of caps (56), almost same amount from the bench (26) but subbed off a lot less (17).

DAT staple. :VdB:

I don't know where you got your stats from, but i follow the Spanish team's games and there's no way you can say Carzola gets as much playing time as Fabregas
And if i'm not mistaken, Cesc has participated in almost every game for Spain (except when injured) since after the EC.

Home of Barca Fans