Cesc Fàbregas

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
He has failed to do any significant thing in 3 seasons

13 goals and 16 assists this season, 14 and 11 the season before, 15 and 11 in his first. 42 goals and 38 assists in 3 seasons, no matter who the opposition is, is more than enough reason to keep him, especially considering how we've been in transition all three of those seasons. He's been one of if not the most productive midfielders in the world, selling him would be absolutely insane.

fcbdna

Banned
13 goals and 16 assists this season, 14 and 11 the season before, 15 and 11 in his first. 42 goals and 38 assists in 3 seasons, no matter who the opposition is, is more than enough reason to keep him, especially considering how we've been in transition all three of those seasons. He's been one of if not the most productive midfielders in the world, selling him would be absolutely insane.

Amazing stats, but on a practical basis how has he fared in the only available position FOR HIM in the team. . . I mean CM? He has been dreadful when told to handle that position with Xavi benched. . . You don't expect the team to change iniesta's position to CM now do you? If Cesc can't play as a central midfielder what will be the sense in keeping him, just so he sits on the bench and wrought away?

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Well first of all there's this thing called depth, if we sell Cesc our midfield is Iniesta, Xavi, Busquets, and... Song? Roberto? We have a handful of promising players in La Masia, but selling an established player of Cesc's quality is downright suicidal, especially when there's no guarantee we'd be able to purchase an adequate replacement. And I don't think Cesc has been dreadful in Xavi's position, he hasn't been his illustrious self but I doubt many players would be good when told to play in a completely different role out of the blue, I think if he had an extended run he could work out his weaknesses in that position.

I

instinct

I agree with the people who say that Cesc did nothing special in his 3 seasons here but he scored many goals and assisted even more.
I think that he is not as effective as he can be when he is played besides Xavi or as false 9. Xavi makes the game very slow and Cesc has to pass the ball to Xavi or back everytime.
A change in the system would help him, when he plays at #10 right behind Messi or another striker (or 2 strikers). He would be able to play his great through-balls.

I agree with Semi-Neutral that selling Cesc wouldn't be useful since we want to build depth in our squad. I'd appreciate that he would be benched in some games when he is not useful against some teams but he is a world-class player who was really effective in the last seasons, so I don't see any sense in selling him.

Galning

Blq3xVNCYAEhZy-.jpg

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I don' t think the problem is transferring him or not... If he stays he should have a clear role in the team and if he leaves we need someone as good as him who can come and fulfill a certain task...

What's the point of selling him if we get another Song/Hleb?

hulinat

I don' t think the problem is transferring him or not... If he stays he should have a clear role in the team and if he leaves we need someone as good as him who can come and fulfill a certain task...

What's the point of selling him if we get another Song/Hleb?

Hleb was a beast. Unlike Song

F

Flavia

We were instantly better as soon as he came off. Oh wait...

Not really. He didn't actually contributed, and had one back pass that almost ended with Athletic scoring. As a Xavi super-sub he may be fine, though. Will he accept that? I also wouldn't like to see he getting Rafinha's minutes, next season.

Home of Barca Fans