Cesc Fàbregas

Stric

I was being sarcastic. Cesc didn't come off, he was subbed on. :lol: Not that it has anything to do with him in this particular situation (even I don't think it does), but we scored 0 goals with him on the bench and twice after he came on. It was just a sarcastic comment on the recent we're-better-as-soon-as-he's-subbed-off trend.

F

Flavia

I was being sarcastic. Cesc didn't come off, he was subbed on. :lol: Not that it has anything to do with him in this particular situation (even I don't think it does), but we scored 0 goals with him on the bench and twice after he came on. It was just a sarcastic comment on the recent we're-better-as-soon-as-he's-subbed-off trend.

I read subbed on :lol:

Stric

I read subbed on :lol:

I thought so. :lol:

highfive.gif

e28makaveli

Amazing stats, but on a practical basis how has he fared in the only available position FOR HIM in the team. . . I mean CM? He has been dreadful when told to handle that position with Xavi benched. . . You don't expect the team to change iniesta's position to CM now do you? If Cesc can't play as a central midfielder what will be the sense in keeping him, just so he sits on the bench and wrought away?

if Cesc is not good enough to play the Xavi role, then he should be considered sell-able. But, before going that route, who else is out there on the market that is better suited than Cesc to play the Xavi role?

IMO, I think he should not be sold and should get into a serious fitness regime. He has all the qualities to be a good replacement.

e28makaveli

Well first of all there's this thing called depth, if we sell Cesc our midfield is Iniesta, Xavi, Busquets, and... Song? Roberto? We have a handful of promising players in La Masia, but selling an established player of Cesc's quality is downright suicidal, especially when there's no guarantee we'd be able to purchase an adequate replacement. And I don't think Cesc has been dreadful in Xavi's position, he hasn't been his illustrious self but I doubt many players would be good when told to play in a completely different role out of the blue, I think if he had an extended run he could work out his weaknesses in that position.

Well spoken.

e28makaveli

I don' t think the problem is transferring him or not... If he stays he should have a clear role in the team and if he leaves we need someone as good as him who can come and fulfill a certain task...

What's the point of selling him if we get another Song/Hleb?

Makes me wonder too, how people come up with decisions.

BerkeleyBernie

We were instantly better as soon as he came off. Oh wait...

Barça was instantly better with Cesc/Neymar off and Pedro/Sanchez on. The fact the goals were scored after Cesc was subbed on is unrelated. The movement of the front 3 was greatly improved, and just because all three forwards were wasteful doesn't mean the team didn't play much better than they do with Neymar pinned on the wing doing solo take-ons and Cesc clogging the middle.

Last edited:

Stric

Barça was instantly better with Cesc/Neymar off and Pedro/Sanchez on. The fact the goals were scored after Cesc was subbed on is unrelated.

These are two games you're talking about. Besides, if you saw my next post, you'd know that I wrote exactly the same thing you just did.

JamDav1982

Barça was instantly better with Cesc/Neymar off and Pedro/Sanchez on. The fact the goals were scored after Cesc was subbed on is unrelated. The movement of the front 3 was greatly improved, and just because all three forwards were wasteful doesn't mean the team didn't play much better than they do with Neymar pinned on the wing doing solo take-ons and Cesc clogging the middle.

Cesc would have looked much better today as well if he had Pedro and Sanchez on wing and not Neymar on right and Iniesta on the left.

Bilbao played on open game and defended with a high line which would suit Cesc down to the ground.

Jurij

He is our best nr.10 player. Behind Messi he is incredible. Too bad he is mostly used in the attack and on the side.

Home of Barca Fans