Cesc Fàbregas

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Look forward to his departure, never wanted him here in the first place...Least the club can do is finally make a profit on his sale

this is why i can't take your opinion or ursegor/furia/zanela/maria/the rst of the cesc hate brigade seriously. you were biased from the start. the fact you want to replace him with pogba makes it even worse.

But like I said, selling Cesc can finance the new CM. If the team gets anywhere from 30M plus from Cesc, that's enough money to go get a quality CM.

i'm agreeing with you man. find a new player that can control a game in the mould of xavi/modric etc. then sell cesc to fund the transfer. until we find the player we must keep cesc.

Last edited:

Ursegor

World Champion
rafinha is not good enough yet to replace cesc, there'd be a big drop off in the quality of our midfield. for now i want rafinha to take sergio roberto's role. keep cesc until we have found a more suitable player. if we find a new midfielder we can sell cesc this window and use the money for that new player.

edit - well said dinho

Of course he is good enough to replace Cesc. You talk as if he's Sergi Roberto 2.0 (who didn't get much of a chance but he lacks balls anyway). He is ready to start all of Barca's games. He is much more ready than Isco was for Real Madrid who still doesn't get the system and dribbles in straight lines and he started a CL semi-final against Bayern. Busquets was pulled straight out of the 3th division into a CL final even when he showed some shakyness here and there and gave the ball away infront of the defense. Rafinha is a super talent with 1 season of La Liga experience who understands the system and knows the coach.

DinhoR10

Okay, I understand selling Cesc to buy a CM but who do you buy? Modric? Gundogan? Maybe Kroos? Those are the only ones I know of with the skillset we need, and all seem incredibly unlikely.

Edit- Rafinha is not Sergi Roberto, he has played against both Real and Barca and his quality was on display for all to see, I still wouldn't like a midfeild of only iniesta/rafinha/xavi though although Lucho wants Masch in DM again so I actually wouldn't mind iniesta/rafinha/xavi/Masch he'd probably be a beast in pressing.

Last edited:

Hamzah

High Definition Member
he is not sergio roberto 2.0, i didn't say that. he will become a great player. but for him to play potentially so many games now isn't right. he is still too raw and one season of la liga isn't enough.

all i'm saying is it's better to keep cesc (world class player) until we get the new player, this way our midfield still has quality and depth.

Okay, I understand selling Cesc to buy a CM but who do you buy? Modric? Gundogan? Maybe Kroos? Those are the only ones I know of with the skillset we need, and all seem incredibly unlikely.

this is our problem. we need to find a game controlling player before we can sell, until then it makes sense to wait. also please someone don't talk about thiago, what's in the past has been done now.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
this is why i can't take your opinion or ursegor/furia/zanela/maria/the rst of the cesc hate brigade seriously. you were biased from the start. the fact you want to replace him with pogba makes it even worse.

Biased or right?

DinhoR10

he is not sergio roberto 2.0, i didn't say that. he will become a great player. but for him to play potentially so many games now isn't right. he is still too raw and one season of la liga isn't enough.

all i'm saying is it's better to keep cesc (world class player) until we get the new player, this way our midfield still has quality and depth.

this is our problem. we need to find a game controlling player before we can sell, until then it makes sense to wait. also please someone don't talk about thiago, what's in the past has been done now.

Thiago wouldn't be impossible to get in 2-3 years especially if we start winning again.

gatsu

Well Xavi and Cesc don't have the same profil ( Cesc is not capable of controling the game in a 3 players midfield) , as for some one similar to Xavi i can only think of Verratti or Koke.
Another solution to replace Xavi, is to opt for a technical, powerful and mobile CM to offset the lack of control (Pogba, Rakitic and Vidal are perfect for the role).

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Biased or right?

biased. you were criticising before he even played a game, you gloss over his good performances and talk up his bad ones. now you think you were ''right'' because he hasn't fit quite as well as expected, but that's the manager(s) problem. when he is played in his actual position he has done very well. he has contributed well despite the manager not using him properly.

you say cesc is unsuited and then go onto say you want him replaced with pogba which makes no sense.

DinhoR10

Well Xavi and Cesc don't have the same profil ( Cesc is not capable of controling the game in a 3 players midfield) , as for some one similar to Xavi i can only think of Verratti or Koke.
Another solution to replace Xavi, is to opt for a technical, powerful and mobile CM to offset the lack of control (Pogba, Rakitic and Vidal are perfect for the role).

Verratti would be great I think but unfortunately he plays for PSG and he's young and the bias towards La Masia by the would always want a grad instead of him.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
biased. you were criticising before he even played a game, you gloss over his good performances and talk up his bad ones. now you think you were ''right'' because he hasn't fit quite as well as expected, but that's the manager(s) problem. when he is played in his actual position he has done very well. he has contributed well despite the manager not using him properly.

you say cesc is unsuited and then go onto say you want him replaced with pogba which makes no sense.

You stop think there might be a reason why 3 different managers didn't consistently play Cesc in Xavi's role?

Hamzah

High Definition Member
watched verratti vs chelsea and he was garbage, gave the ball away so many times. i know he's hard to get but atm i'm liking koke for the new midfielder.

You stop think there might be a reason why 3 different managers didn't consistently play Cesc in Xavi's role?

yeah, because he is not a game controlling cm. he is an attacking midfielder, whenever he was played as an am he did well.

DinhoR10

watched verratti vs chelsea and he was garbage, gave the ball away so many times. i know he's hard to get but atm i'm liking koke for the new midfielder.

If we're going after Koke I think we might as well just stick with Rafinha since he brings all of koke's skillset plus more for free and I think everyone can agree that Rafinha has the potential, so I just think its a waste of money.

Home of Barca Fans