Cesc Fàbregas

Ursegor

World Champion
Cesc shouldn't be sold unless we get Kroos or Gundogan, or someone of similar quality, it makes no sense.

Please someone explain the logic behind this. Buying Gündogan has nothing to do with Cesc. Go and post this in the Xavi thread if you want Xavi replaced. You guys are talking as if Cesc is already taking the workload off Xavi and we shouldn't lose him because of this when in reality Xavi started every single meaningful game and 9 out of 10 CL games, except the last game against Atletico when he was either injured or Tata went full retard with his lineup. We have "prime Cesc" yet still Xavi starts almost all games. Think about that for a second and what that says about Cesc.

It doesn't matter whether Cesc is labeled world class. For Barca football he hasn't been in 8 out of 10 games. Most fans were already saying that Thiago was outperforming him when he was still here and they'll say the same with Rafinha. It's about fitting a team and system, not some arbitrary "world class" label. He's the most consistent world class long ball and over the top ball passer, I give him that. And he'll do well again in the Premier League. No doubt.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
If we're going after Koke I think we might as well just stick with Rafinha since he brings all of koke's skillset plus more for free and I think everyone can agree that Rafinha has the potential, so I just think its a waste of money.

i think that would be perfect actually. then you have the situation where dm:busi/masch game controller: xavi/koke and attacking midfielder: iniesta/rafinha

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
watched verratti vs chelsea and he was garbage, gave the ball away so many times. i know he's hard to get but atm i'm liking koke for the new midfielder.

yeah, because he is not a game controlling cm. he is an attacking midfielder, whenever he was played as an am he did well.

So you basically agree with what everyone says in Cesc not having a role in our team but still call them biased against Cesc I am confused

Behrox

i think that would be perfect actually. then you have the situation where dm:busi/masch game controller: xavi/koke and attacking midfielder: iniesta/rafinha

bar DM Rafinha can play all the roles in the midfield on either side plus on the wings so he could very well work as a CM

Hamzah

High Definition Member
what i'm saying is don't sell cesc until we buy the koke type player. rafinha covering xavi and iniesta is too much. if we don't get the new mid then we keep cesc obviously and have four players for two positions.

i'm explaining myself clearly and you guys don't understand.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
We have "prime Cesc" yet still Xavi starts almost all games. Think about that for a second and what that says about Cesc.

Well you did say that Tata's tactics were terrible, so maybe that could have something to do with it?

DinhoR10

Please someone explain the logic behind this. Buying Gündogan has nothing to do with Cesc. Go and post this in the Xavi thread if you want Xavi replaced. You guys are talking as if Cesc is already taking the workload off Xavi and we shouldn't lose him because of this when in reality Xavi started every single meaningful game and 9 out of 10 CL games, except the last game against Atletico when he was either injured or Tata went full retard with his lineup. We have "prime Cesc" yet still Xavi starts almost all games. Think about that for a second and what that says about Cesc.

It doesn't matter whether Cesc is labeled world class. For Barca football he hasn't been in 8 out of 10 games. Most fans were already saying that Thiago was outperforming him when he was still here and they'll say the same with Rafinha. It's about fitting a team and system, not some arbitrary "world class" label. He's the most consistent world class long ball and over the top ball passer, I give him that. And he'll do well again in the Premier League. No doubt.

What I meant is that I don't want to sell Cesc if we're going to buy Ozil or Gotze or that kind of player, We are the team with the BEST AM player set with iniesta/messi/cesc and saurez/halilovic in the waiting. I'm just saying the only player that needs to be bought for midfield is a CM we have the Best DM and AM already.

And if Rafinha lives up to his potential i'll be the happiest person in the world and knowing Lucho the days of 4 man midfields are gone and if Rafinha does infact outperform cesc he will get his deserved time.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Verratti has talent, but he is very prone to mistakes that for Barcelona would just be crippling. Perhaps in a few years when he has ironed out his game. But I do like him, very talented midfielder.

I think I lean more towards a work-horse midfielder. True you will lose some game control, however Iniesta is 30, and as time moves on, he'll become much more of a control player and less of an incisive dribbler. I think we can't dismiss a different type of midfielder from the possibilities.

Koke would not be a bad choice, despite his similarities with Rafinha and his preference of playing on the left.

Ursegor

World Champion
Well you did say that Tata's tactics were terrible, so maybe that could have something to do with it?

Tata's tactics were tailor made to suit Cesc. Long balls, crosses, wingplay, positional freedom, counterattacks, "no more slaves to tiki-taka", as he tried to convince the players. Under Lucho this won't happen. His tactics will be a carbon copy of Pep's. The more possession, the better. Which will suit him even less.

If we don't sell him this window the interest in him will fade. A 4th unconvincing season and all his prestige, which he still has, will be gone for good. It's now or never. Come one, Lucho!

DinhoR10

Maybe its the La Masia bias in me but I just don't want to see us buy Koke when at the beginning of the season he was basically what Rafinha is right now, coming off full season where his talents were beginning to flourish. And Rafinha arguably had a better season if you consider he played for a worse team.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
you guys think rafinha can control a game, but i see him as more of an attacking player. koke can control a game better and that's why i would consider buying him (or anyone else that can do that). remember we mst have 4 players for 2 positions.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Maybe its the La Masia bias in me but I just don't want to see us buy Koke when at the beginning of the season he was basically what Rafinha is right now, coming off full season where his talents were beginning to flourish. And Rafinha arguably had a better season if you consider he played for a worse team.

If you believe Rafinha can give equal or superior performance to Barca than Koke gave Atletico or would give Barca, then all the more reason to think of Cesc as spendable. Cesc would just get in the way and without him, Rafinha could play almost every game in both midfield positions.

Behrox

you guys think rafinha can control a game, but i see him as more of an attacking player. koke can control a game better and that's why i would consider buying him (or anyone else that can do that). remember we mst have 4 players for 2 positions.

Even without Xavi like control we still have 60% posession so a partially box to box player like Rafinha will fit in alot like Lucho did in his time at the club

Hamzah

High Definition Member
60% isn't enough, especially if we want to play lucho wants us to. we need 70% and having that type of player makes a massive difference. also we need 4 players for two positions. so even if raf can do a job there we should buy another player.

you guys want to sell cesc and not get a replacement. i want to only sell him when we get a new mid.

Home of Barca Fans