Cesc Fàbregas

Cule4life

The Culest
:lol: :lol: If this is true. I used to get angry at these kind of decisions but now im so used to this board's decisions that i draw comic relief from them.

If this board was the board of directors of any company they would have been fired 12838383 times by now.

cro-man

There are many players we dont need and he is one of them. I dont know if its our system or he is just not good enough. If he goes we wont miss him. The bad news are there are many players which are worse and they will probably stay. God bless our mighty management haha

jamrock

I don't believe this 33m figure.
i think this board a been a roaring success compared to the gaspart days and to some thats all that counts

ebieymjunior

I don't believe this 33m figure.
i think this board a been a roaring success compared to the gaspart days and to some thats all that counts

Could be a joke by Pique (he obviously knew microphones were there) and could be for someone else, I don't think names were said.

GoobiePls

S♥NE
That would be a very misplaced joke. I thought him and Pique were best friends or something and he's joking around about him leaving nice

F

Flavia

Cesc is being forced out, so he might have stated he'd only leave for london... That narrows the teams down to chelsea and arsenal. It could explain the small fee, idk.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Barcelona had to be the most retarded board and club in the history of sports.

Fuck you board.

I find it funny that some members of the forum who want Cesc out are now complaining about the fee. What is the difference between 33m and 35m?? You had no problem with selling Cesc for 35m yesterday, obviously.

It is so painful to see fans of other clubs ridiculing and laughing at us for being complete idiots. Yeah, we deserve it.

Cao~!!

Xavinho

You're not taking into account the fact the team and Lucho might just not have Cesc in the future plans, regardless of the acquisition or not of a superior talented replacement. If they simple don't count on Cesc going forward, selling him now when his value is at it's peak makes the most sense. They don't even necessarily have to replace him with an equally or more talented player. If they feel a lesser overall talent like Rakitic or Ander Herrera fits better with their vision of the team going forward, and even still if they feel those types of player would offer a better role and/or be more malleable to the coaches desires and requirements, why would it be better to keep the player just because "he is too good to let go."

Guardiola got rid of world class talent like Ronaldinho and Deco, and replaced them with what everyone would admit were inferior choices at the time in Keita and 20 year old Busquets. Why? Because he had a vision. Might as well be that Lucho thinks Rafinha and Koke or Rakitic will fit better in his vision for his project that Cesc, more talented that he may be.

Great post. I hope to see Rafinha and Roberto given a lot of chances next season.

I regret the way he scurried out in the middle of the night to the London poachers back in 2003, I regret that the club had to pay millions to get one of their own back but mostly I regret that we pushed Thiago to the exit when he was the one who had stayed...So no, I won't be regretting Cesc leaving...again

Agree. I was disgusted when we bought Cesc back after he walked out on us. Thiago had had plenty of offers when he was younger but stuck it out with us and signed a senior contract.

Ursegor

World Champion
Agree. I was disgusted when we bought Cesc back after he walked out on us. Thiago had had plenty of offers when he was younger but stuck it out with us and signed a senior contract.

lol I want Cesc sold badly but questioning the loyalty of a 16 year old who was playing somewhere in the 4th divisions of Spain with the likes of Deco, Xavi, Iniesta in their prime years (or even before their prime years) all way ahead of him when a top club like Arsenal comes with a big offer is the worst possible comparison to Alcuntara who was already a 22 year old first teamer with 100+ caps and jumped ship after the very first hurdle. I hold nothing against Cesc for leaving Barca.

If Rosell's board had been in charge back in 2003 the narrative would have looked like Cesc being driven out of the club or the cantera not being valued and it wasn't his fault, e. g. Sanabria. There is a very fitting Pippi Langstrumpf song line that describes it best. Too bad you can't translate it properly into English.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans