Cesc Fàbregas

H

Haruko The Goon

also a question to you guys, don't you lot care that he's going to Chelsea to play Under Mourinho???

If lets say, Wilshere moved from Arsenal to Juventus, and they were managed by Harry Redknapp... and Redknapp had constantly slated Arsenal a number of times, and called out Wenger more times than not.. and then even poked one of our assistant managers in the eye, I'd be a bit like WTF JACK? why you going there, you should be saying no straight away, he's a spud. (Spurs man)

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
German newspaper BILD is (most likely) going to announce Rakitic as new Barca player later that day. If they really replace Cesc with Rakitic then everyone will laugh at us and I already question any of Lucho's "visions."

Well, the more information I see about Rakitic, the more optimistic I am, he does everything - scores goals, makes assists, takes set pieces, he is quite tall (1.84) so he would help us defend against set pieces, he even played as DM few times for Sevilla.

H

Haruko The Goon

But what if Arsene turned down the chance to re-sign him? Is it a betrayal then?

Yup. Simply because it's Chelsea, and it's Mourinho.

Lets say I was in his position, the likes of Chelsea/City/United/Spurs are a NO WAY.

Simple because I love Arsenal. I've got trophies, I've got money. I've lived my dream. I now do I want to do, not what I'm forced to do.

So yeah.. if that were me, you bet your ass the likes of Inter/AC/Dortmund are options. No chance I'm going to help another English club win, and if I did, it means my so called "love" for Arsenal and Wenger is now tainted forever.

I'm that type of person, and my talk isn't cheap. I'd prefer to play for AC or Inter rather than Chelsea a BILLION times if it means I'm not going against Arsenal.

Neymessi

To sell the troll :VdB:

Why would vdb laugh otherwise?? That man is expression less, him and pique could not stop laughing. I won't believe it yet. I mean i don't want to believe it.

Exactly.I think they are pulling a prank off.My call is that it was a prank.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Rakitic is getting seriously underrated in this forum, as it is usual for any player not playing for Barca and/or not coming from La Masia. He's going to immediately endear himself to the fans by the way he plays 100% effort all the time. He'll give you Alexis-like workrate from the midfield spot. His offensive output has nothing to envy that of Cesc's and his workrate, mobility and defensive contribution is IMO superior.

There are still serious questions about overall fit and his ultimate role for this team, but if the coach has decided that he wants Rakitic over Cesc for his vision and his new project, then we have to give him the benefit of the doubt, at least until we see the product on the field and are able to judge for ourselves.

spark

Lets say I was in his position, the likes of Chelsea/City/United/Spurs are a NO WAY.

Simple because I love Arsenal. I've got trophies, I've got money. I've lived my dream. I now do I want to do, not what I'm forced to do.

So yeah.. if that were me, you bet your ass the likes of Inter/AC/Dortmund are options. No chance I'm going to help another English club win, and if I did, it means my so called "love" for Arsenal and Wenger is now tainted forever.

I'm that type of person, and my talk isn't cheap. I'd prefer to play for AC or Inter rather than Chelsea a BILLION times if it means I'm not going against Arsenal.

None of those clubs have the financial ability to buy him from Barca. You arent operating in the world and you would be left without a club.

Chainsaw

Killahead
also a question to you guys, don't you lot care that he's going to Chelsea to play Under Mourinho???

If lets say, Wilshere moved from Arsenal to Juventus, and they were managed by Harry Redknapp... and Redknapp had constantly slated Arsenal a number of times, and called out Wenger more times than not.. and then even poked one of our assistant managers in the eye, I'd be a bit like WTF JACK? why you going there, you should be saying no straight away, he's a spud. (Spurs man)

He can even go to Real Madrid if Barca get good money in return. I don't care where he goes.

spark

He can even go to Real Madrid if Barca get good money in return. I don't care where he goes.

giphy.gif

DB10

Naive

You should be more pissed at Wenger for not taking him back, in my eyes if he goes to Chelsea he's just another player but I can't blame him for going there knowing his ties to London. (wife/sister etc...)

Maria

Oh that's nice..but in the real world all the footballers care about is: playing at the highest level while winning trophies and money. That's why Cesc came at Arsenal in the first place(and I don't think that you blamed him at the time) and that's why he would go to Chelsea. And there's no way that Inter or Milan could afford Cesc right now and Klopp doesn't need him.

Naive

You should be more pissed at Wenger for not taking him back, in my eyes if he goes to Chelsea he's just another player but I can't blame him for going there knowing his ties to London. (wife/sister etc...)

I don't think Wenger should be blamed either. You guys have Ozil who is just as good and those money would be better invested in a striker.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Rakitic is getting seriously underrated in this forum, as it is usual for any player not playing for Barca and/or not coming from La Masia. He's going to immediately endear himself to the fans by the way he plays 100% effort all the time. He'll give you Alexis-like workrate from the midfield spot. His offensive output has nothing to envy that of Cesc's and his workrate, mobility and defensive contribution is IMO superior.

There are still serious questions about overall fit and his ultimate role for this team, but if the coach has decided that he wants Rakitic over Cesc for his vision and his new project, then we have to give him the benefit of the doubt, at least until we see the product on the field and are able to judge for ourselves.

I agree, we shouldn't jump into early conclusions about Rakitic, his stats looks pretty impressive and if he can be a team player who can provide work rate and defensive contribution in addition with attacking capabilities and play consistently the whole season then he might be exactly what Lucho needs.

Last edited:

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
I agree, we shouldn't jump into early conclusions about Rakitic, his stats looks pretty impressive and if he can be a team player who can provide work rate and defensive contribution in addition with attacking capabilities and play consistently the whole season then he might be exactly what Lucho needs.

Well if Rakitic is one thing its consistent so at least we won't have to deal with the second half season bug

pEllee

But what if Arsene turned down the chance to re-sign him? Is it a betrayal then?

Well, you can't expect him to just to re-sign him just so a different club won't have him. There really isn't a whole lot of room for him in the current team and you would have to play players out of position to fit him in. Either that or the formation would have to change and that would still ignore the most important holes that currently exist in the team.

Still, Cesc is of course free to do whatever he wants in his career and I am of the viewpoint that fans - in general don't show enough understanding and that perhaps there is too much bitterness shown towards players career choices. Everyone knows that footballers mostly just care about trophies and money. I don't think he gives a shit about what fans think of it because there is never a real connection on a personal level to the same degree of his connection with Wenger. Which is why this sort of feels wrong. Why would he even want to work for a manager that has always been a massive cunt towards "his second father"?

I don't even think Chelsea makes sense if we're just strictly talking about footballing reasons. He's been (sort of) complaining that he feels that his role is too restrained at Barca and does he really think Mourinho is going to give him positional freedom? He thrives when he's allowed to use his creative instincts in a free flowing system and that's not Chelsea.

“He is not like the image people have here,” Fabregas said. “Wenger is a special person, like a second father for me. He has given me everything in football. I will never have enough words to thank what he has done for me. If I am here, a great, great part of that is thanks to him.
“He will always have a place in my heart for all that he has done for me.
“I spoke to him on Friday to say goodbye and got very emotional,” Fabregas admitted. “I couldn’t even talk when I wanted to say how grateful I was for what he has done to me, so I had to send a message afterwards saying ‘thank you’.

Perhaps it's overreacting but it really would feel wrong on so many levels to see Fabregas winning titles with Mourinho as a manager.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans