Cesc Fàbregas

CesDel

33M + 3M addons. About the same price like we paid for him. That's not too bad for a player who's 3 years older now.

(and yes, I know Chelsea received more for Luiz than they payed for Fabregas)

We paid £35 million, which is as of now €43m, + £5m in bonus..

zealot

I'm not sad that he is leaving. But I really believe that his departure signals something really going wrong within the club. I mean, I thought the club is gonna be strong as an organization and try to fix the problem on the pitch (I thought Cesc deserve another 1 year). But seems like there too many conflicting interest in the club, which lead to instability, and also lead to constant tinkering in the organization. Fear for the future. Hope I'm dead wrong here.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
We paid £35 million, which is as of now €43m, + £5m in bonus..

Sorry but Fabregas transfer to Barca was for 34m Euros, not pounds. Around 26.6m pounds. Pretty much the same he was now sold to Chelsea 3 years later.

There were a lot of incentives, that never materialized, like winning 2 La Ligas and a UCL. Could have been potentially more, but did not reach that high.

Bottom line Barca sold Cesc to Chelsea for no more than they bought him.

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Genuine question... apart from Pique & Alves.. did any of Pep transfers wimps work ?

Keita, Pinto, Maxwell, Mascherano and Alexis...That's the beauty of developing the best players in your cantera, you can withstand mistakes in the market so long as they don't amount to the galactico ones of the capital club

Ketoth

Imagine if the only reason for this was for Mourinho to move him on to Real Madrid within 2 years. You wouldn't bet against Mourinho doing something crazy like that.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Keita, Pinto, Maxwell, Mascherano and Alexis...That's the beauty of developing the best players in your cantera, you can withstand mistakes in the market so long as they don't amount to the galactico ones of the capital club

Adriano too.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Imagine if the only reason for this was for Mourinho to move him on to Real Madrid within 2 years. You wouldn't bet against Mourinho doing something crazy like that.

Most people wouldn't care as Cesc has been labelled a traitor since the first time he left at age 16... And it's not like he hasn't flirted with Madrid in the past, so the shock wouldn't be as big as you'd expect...

Home of Barca Fans