Cesc Fàbregas

DB10

Was the only logical place left to go. He's going to be amazing again now he's back in the premier league.

Tomchin

Stats... well, he has better stats than Iniesta. Would you prefer to sell Iniesta and keep Cesc? That way Cesc would have his preferred place guaranteed. He wasn't the sole reason for anything, but he had no place, no role for Barça. All he did was to disrupt the formation, with 3 coaches trying multiple formations to accomodate him, players out of position for him, and he still didn't find his place in the team.
Of course I'd never sell Iniesta (I'm in favor of selling Cesc btw)

Stats never tell the full story, I know, but they surely do tell part of the story. I don't agree that Fabregas impressive stats should be totally ignored.

Let's not forget that Iniesta (and Xavi to a lesser extent) was wooful in the first half of the season, and that Fabregas carried us then. In the second half Fabregas faded away as usual, but that's another story. I know Fabregas will always get more blame than Xaviesta because he wasn't faithful to Barca (and left to Arsenal), and rightfully so I think.

But it's far too easy to put so much blame on Cesc imho. It's not like it was Cesc himself who put him in the starting line-up during those past 3 years...

F

Flavia

Most people wouldn't care as Cesc has been labelled a traitor since the first time he left at age 16... And it's not like he hasn't flirted with Madrid in the past, so the shock wouldn't be as big as you'd expect...

Yeah, I wouldn't really be surprised if he moves to rm as soon as next season.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Gooners taking out their feelings of betrayal

Bp8SZ7JIAAAous2.jpg:large

F

Flavia

Of course I'd never sell Iniesta (I'm in favor of selling Cesc btw)

Stats never tell the full story, I know, but they surely do tell part of the story. I don't agree that Fabregas impressive stats should be totally ignored.

Let's not forget that Iniesta (and Xavi to a lesser extent) was wooful in the first half of the season, and that Fabregas carried us then. In the second half Fabregas faded away as usual, but that's another story. I know Fabregas will always get more blame than Xaviesta because he wasn't faithful to Barca (and left to Arsenal), and rightfully so I think.

But it's far too easy to put so much blame on Cesc imho. It's not like it was Cesc himself who put him in the starting line-up during those past 3 years...

No, but his status did. 3 coaches tried to fit him at all costs. There was pressure to do it, as he was the prodigal son, and he had to succeed. Took 3 years to see he wouldn't. Or maybe Lucho was firm and said he didn't want him. Thing is, he is a great player, and obviously was not confortable on the bench. He was played everywhere. Jack of all trades, master of none for us. And to say he carried Barça is a bit too much. He never did that.

His presence also drove Thiago away. It was the worst signing in years. Worse than Ibra to me.

Chainsaw

Killahead
I say this whole Cesc saga was only 50% his fault. The other 50% goes to the club for getting him back at the first place. He never had his own place in the starting line-up, because as he's arrived all the positions he could play were preoccupied by bigger names than him. It was clear as the daylight. Only the club and his fanboys couldn't see that.

CatalinR10

No, but his status did. 3 coaches tried to fit him at all costs. There was pressure to do it, as he was the prodigal son, and he had to succeed. Took 3 years to see he wouldn't. Or maybe Lucho was firm and said he didn't want him. Thing is, he is a great player, and obviously was not confortable on the bench. He was played everywhere. Jack of all trades, master of none for us. And to say he carried Barça is a bit too much. He never did that.

His presence also drove Thiago away. It was the worst signing in years. Worse than Ibra to me.

in flavia i trust

Home of Barca Fans