Cesc Fàbregas

DB10

Well in the UK it was reported Arsenal get 50% of anything over £28m and Chelsea didn't want to give Arsenal a penny though some outlets are saying we still got £5m...

Plus what did Del Bosque say in the press conference when the transfer leaked.. 'You're going to drive him mad, poor guy. You're going to upset him." What was that about? Why would the president be going mad if the club want to sell the player. Maybe he was just referring to the natural court like politics of Barcelona and nothing specific.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Some of the fans reactions here are as classless as that letter, tbh. Seems the bad attitude comes from somewhere, eh? ;)

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Hmmm given the classless statement from the club, makes you think if there was something else going on behind the scenes between Cesc and the club. It's not like they had to justify to the supporters in getting rid of a popular player. Seems more a f**k you aimed at Cesc himself.

It does make you wonder despite how terrible this board has been that they didn't do that in the immediate aftermath of Pep's departure or Victor - although you could argue that they still got a shitty bit of treatment in the end, anyway

But the comments on the official website that were eventually removed?...Small time and in keeping with how small time the club has been...Of course, it does make you wonder about the nature of the transfer....Was Cesc & Dein blocking certain sales to keep the transfer fee down?...Was Tata's rumoured condemnation of him as a rotten apple part of it?...Did come off as petty from the club which would make you wonder how it degenerated

mazp

Some of the fans reactions here are as classless as that letter, tbh. Seems the bad attitude comes from somewhere, eh? ;)

But what kind of reactions are we supposed to have? We sold a player by some accounts was a dressing room cancer, that had a negative effect on the team. Are we supposed to feel sad that we're going miss his disappearing in second half season act?

I wish him well, but it's not like we lost a golden ball winner or anything. Oh, it's also funny how Chelsea fans on twitter hope he regains his EPL form ,not his Barca form. Nobody ever mentions his Barca form, which pretty much sums it up.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Nobody says feel bad, but there are many overreactions about him. It's made out like he's the sole reason for any and every trouble your club has had over the years he's been there(I'm not targeting you, but over the past 25 pages there's been some hilarious reactions and things said about him). It's more the fault of the powers that be than himself. He's been caught up in it more than anything, and of course, he probably didn't do much to improve anything with his performances. From what I'd seen he hadn't been THAT bad, it's more a case of there being uber high expectations of him and he didn't meet them. I mean, when you're playing a different position every game it's kinda hard to get some good consistency... I guess one thing I can be happy about is that at Chelsea he'll be playing in most likely 2 positions, and anything else is to fill in if we have an injury crisis.

mazp

Nobody says feel bad, but there are many overreactions about him. It's made out like he's the sole reason for any and every trouble your club has had over the years he's been there(I'm not targeting you, but over the past 25 pages there's been some hilarious reactions and things said about him). It's more the fault of the powers that be than himself. He's been caught up in it more than anything, and of course, he probably didn't do much to improve anything with his performances. From what I'd seen he hadn't been THAT bad, it's more a case of there being uber high expectations of him and he didn't meet them. I mean, when you're playing a different position every game it's kinda hard to get some good consistency... I guess one thing I can be happy about is that at Chelsea he'll be playing in most likely 2 positions, and anything else is to fill in if we have an injury crisis.

Don't you think it's strange how he disappeared in the second half of the season, not one, not two, but for three seasons in a row now? The excuse is, he plays out of position, but he still put up good numbers in the first half, why can't he in the second half? It's was frustrating as fans to have a great player like him do nothing, when it came to the business end of the of the season.

Tomchin

Strange that the club have removed that pathetic part from the English version of the article, but not from the Spanish/Catalan version (at least, that's what being reported here?).

What's the reasoning behind that, they don't want to look pathetic in the English-speaking media or something?

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
He learned most of what he knows at Arsenal, that's why he fades in the 2nd half of the season. :lol: That's what I worry about, I don't know if Jose can right that wrong.

zealot

Hmmm given the classless statement from the club, makes you think if there was something else going on behind the scenes between Cesc and the club. It's not like they had to justify to the supporters in getting rid of a popular player. Seems more a f**k you aimed at Cesc himself.

IMHO its as clear as day isn't it? Besides, like FCBarca said, he is such a polarizing spoilt brat, constantly complains and whines. Of course the club has handled this very poorly with that statement, shameful by the board. Its kinda a huge relief to see him go though.

Huge circus getting him in, another circus getting him out. My god.

Maria

The traitor and the mercenery that he is had it coming... Don't have to give him any sympathy.

Yes, Pep and the board are also at fault... They are getting their due stick too!

Thiago is next on the list! Karma should hit that traitor even harder

Until now it looks like karma only spared the traitor from a humiliation..our club can't say the same in the last year though.

Home of Barca Fans