Cesc Fàbregas

Devils

I wonder why he wanted out so desperately that he would join Chelsea of all teams as an escape route. :lol:

He's comical.

Armando929

Chelsea is a bad move for Cesc. He should have stayed and toughed it out. Chelsea could potentially ruin what's left of his career.

XaviMessiGirl

He gave an interview to El partido de las 12 de la Cadena Cope. Md reposted, so did sport. Some quotes from cesc:

"Hablé con Zubi y con el presidente y les dije que me quería ir. Que por favor me ayudarán a salir" - "I talked to Zubi and the president and told them I wanted to leave. That they'd please help me leave"

"No, no me han echado. Pedí que me buscaran una salida del club. El presidente intentó bloquear mi marcha, pero yo la tenía muy meditada" - No, they didn't force me out. I asked to leave the club. The president tried to block it, but it was already well thought and decided".

I don't think he would say that so many times, if it wasn't true.

I do have to wonder if he was kind of forced to say that as part of the deal though. Wouldn't surprise me with this board, so it wouldn't look like it was their doing. Who knows though.

Samuel Eto'o

He gave an interview to El partido de las 12 de la Cadena Cope. Md reposted, so did sport. Some quotes from cesc:

"Hablé con Zubi y con el presidente y les dije que me quería ir. Que por favor me ayudarán a salir" - "I talked to Zubi and the president and told them I wanted to leave. That they'd please help me leave"

"No, no me han echado. Pedí que me buscaran una salida del club. El presidente intentó bloquear mi marcha, pero yo la tenía muy meditada" - No, they didn't force me out. I asked to leave the club. The president tried to block it, but it was already well thought and decided".

I don't think he would say that so many times, if it wasn't true.

Reverse psychology

mazp

I wonder why he wanted out so desperately that he would join Chelsea of all teams as an escape route. :lol:

He's comical.

Because Cesc is a gloryhunter. :lol: Seriously, he wanted to come when we were at the top, then wanted to leave when the team started to decline or in transition. Basically, bailed when the going got tough. Plus, he had an easy excuse, the fans didn't like me.:whatever:

F

Flavia

I do have to wonder if he was kind of forced to say that as part of the deal though. Wouldn't surprise me with this board, so it wouldn't look like it was their doing. Who knows though.

I really doubt that. He already left, so he'd have zero reasons to do it. If anything, if he was pissed he could pull an Ibra. It looks like he asked to be helped as Villa was, and the board accept to sell him to chelsea, even if a higher bid came, because he only wanted to go to london.

Tomchin

@barcastuff: Cesc: "My stats at Barça weren't bad, but it's true that in the key games I didn't score or assist the same number of goals." [cope]

F

Flavia

Because Cesc is a gloryhunter. :lol: Seriously, he wanted to come when we were at the top, then wanted to leave when the team started to decline or in transition. Basically, bailed when the going got tough. Plus, he had an easy excuse, the fans didn't like me.:whatever:

I didn't think of him that way, but I do now. He knew Xavi was probably leaving too, and even then asked to go. Afraid of rafinha or roberto? He jumped ship again because Barça's imediate future doesn't look too bright.

Tomchin

I didn't think of him that way, but I do now. He knew Xavi was probably leaving too, and even then asked to go. Afraid of rafinha or roberto? He jumped ship again because Barça's imediate future doesn't look too bright.
It's well-documented that Arsenal was his first option, surely no-one believes that Arsenal have a higher chance of achieving glory than Barca has (regardless whether Xavi's leaving or not)? And Chelsea a better team than Barca? I'm not convinced.

The most obvious explanation for his departure seems to be that the (Catalan) press always made him the scapegoat, and that he got whistled in the Camp Nou on countless occasions, no? Hell, even Messi was on the verge of departure because he got whistled one time (if we can believe the rumours that Vilanova convinced him to stay), so it seems obvious that a -mentally weak - player like Fabregas will get pissed off when he gets whistled almost every single week.

F

Flavia

It's well-documented that Arsenal was his first option, surely no-one believes that Arsenal have a higher chance of achieving glory than Barca has (regardless whether Xavi's leaving or not)? And Chelsea a better team than Barca? I'm not convinced.

The most obvious explanation for his departure seems to be that the (Catalan) press always made him the scapegoat, and that he got whistled in the Camp Nou on countless occasions, no? Hell, even Messi was on the verge of departure because he got whistled one time (if we can believe the rumours that Vilanova convinced him to stay), so it seems obvious that a -mentally weak - player like Fabregas will get pissed off when he gets whistled almost every single week.

Everything played a part, but the chelsea team looks strong enough to win at least the pl. Barça is still a big question mark. We see zubi/the board being incompetent and destroying things, and I'm sure the players do too. And cesc knew ozil is at arsenal, so...
But it's just my impression after his latest statements.

DB10

From his statement seems Cesc just wants to enjoy his football and he was never going to be trusted with the 'key's to Barca's midfield so it's adios.

Alarcón

Cesc just seems like a person who does not like too much responsibility and doesn't like to be bothered that much. In England, he won't have as much pressure, he will have a lot more space and he will flourish even if he doesn't try really hard. Not sure if Chelsea is the right choice but England definitely is.

Home of Barca Fans