Cesc Fàbregas

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Until now it looks like karma only spared the traitor from a humiliation..our club can't say the same in the last year though.
A club can handle humiliation, one can always hope I guess... Can a player? Especially who's time and again managed to vanish into thin air during the business end of the season! There was Arsenal excuse for a while, but how about the best team in the world!? And now he goes to a certain manager who's very well known for his ruthlessness!!

People think what's gone through has been a circus! Now wait for the real circus people :p

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
If this fails it's the boards fault for not being able to resist a chance to sign a big name for a reasonable price. Surprisingly reasonable price. That said if he flops it won't be considered that. :lol: Mourinho didn't want him, but his first choices were either priced out or didn't want to leave their club yet.

L

linetty

Mourinho (coach Chelsea): "Past disputes with Cesc? There's no problem. We talked and in five minutes we said everything we needed to say."
Mourinho: "Cesc gives a new dimension to the team. He's different from Matic, Ramires or Oscar. We have a complete midfield now." [marca]

F

Flavia

Cesc: "Move to Chelsea? I have nothing to say. I decided it was time to leave Barça and I looked for the best option for me."

Cesc: "Arsenal was first option, but Wenger said he had Ozil at my position. I had 2-3 other options in England, Mourinho won me over."

:lol:

I'm starting to think he wanted out. Guess footyfan may be right, he couldn't deal with the boos, and he is weak mentaly.

Tomchin

Cesc: "Move to Chelsea? I have nothing to say. I decided it was time to leave Barça and I looked for the best option for me."

Cesc: "Arsenal was first option, but Wenger said he had Ozil at my position. I had 2-3 other options in England, Mourinho won me over."

:lol:

I'm starting to think he wanted out. Guess footyfan may be right, he couldn't deal with the boos, and he is weak mentaly.
Did you previously think that was not the case, and that the board forced him out?

Stric

Cesc didn't want out, I'm pretty sure of that. Not once since he came back did he give the impression of anything even remotely close to wanting to leave, on the contrary. I'm guessing that Enrique didn't want him here or he had some dispute with the club officials.

F

Flavia

Cesc didn't want out, I'm pretty sure of that. Not once since he came back did he give the impression of anything even remotely close to wanting to leave, on the contrary. I'm guessing that Enrique didn't want him here or he had some dispute with the club officials.

He was being booed, whistled, didn't have really a role in the team. I don't doubt he wanted out.

F

Flavia

He gave an interview to El partido de las 12 de la Cadena Cope. Md reposted, so did sport. Some quotes from cesc:

"Hablé con Zubi y con el presidente y les dije que me quería ir. Que por favor me ayudarán a salir" - "I talked to Zubi and the president and told them I wanted to leave. That they'd please help me leave"

"No, no me han echado. Pedí que me buscaran una salida del club. El presidente intentó bloquear mi marcha, pero yo la tenía muy meditada" - No, they didn't force me out. I asked to leave the club. The president tried to block it, but it was already well thought and decided".

I don't think he would say that so many times, if it wasn't true.

Home of Barca Fans