Cesc Fàbregas

Icarium

Lifestealer
He wanted to leave, we did not force him out of barca. I prefer rakitic over cesc in our current style. Cesc never thrived in barca and la liga (most of his stats came against minnows we beat 5-0, we could have beat them by same amount without him) while rakitic thrived in sevilla and starting to make an impact on barca too. Rakitic can work in a league where you rarely get space to work your magic. Plus to get the maximum out of cesc, the team need to build around him, i think that will never happen. Every technical player shines too damn well in epl, i don't know what you guys fantasize about.

If you say he never got chance in barca midfield, you are wrong he sucked in that position too. In fact his best performances came in false nine position.

D10S_JC

Does anyone else suddenly realize how amazing Fabregas would be in our new system, with its uber-direct counterattacks that we can launch into? He would have 30 assists by now (look at Cesc at Chelsea, he's the fucking crossbow for Diego Costa's goals).
We didn't play counter-attack often this season.

F

Flavia

Cesc is the same as rakitic under pressure. Without the work rate. Maybe both in the middle could've been good. Then again, I'd rather kroos.

JamDav1982

Cesc is the same as rakitic under pressure. Without the work rate. Maybe both in the middle could've been good. Then again, I'd rather kroos.

Cesc has plenty of work rate.

A couple of weeks ago he was the player that had covered more ground than any other player in the EPL.

He is also much better in tight areas than Rakitic, its not even comparible.

Hamzah

High Definition Member

i'd rather kroos than both of the but cesc is a level above rakitic. he wasn't great in tight areas but it seemed worse than it was because we were used to seeing xavi and iniesta, the two GOAT midfielders.

F

Flavia

Cesc has plenty of work rate.

A couple of weeks ago he was the player that had covered more ground than any other player in the EPL.

He is also much better in tight areas than Rakitic, its not even comparible.

I don't remember him having plenty of work rate for Barça. Running in the epl full of space is a bit different

Antonnn, our resident Chelsea fan here, has noticed his passing isn't that great against top teams too.

serghei

I don't remember him having plenty of work rate for Barça. Running in the epl full of space is a bit different

Antonnn, our resident Chelsea fan here, has noticed his passing isn't that great against top teams too.

I guess we'll see that in Champions League, won't we? In England, Chelsea is sitting top of the league mostly because of Hazard, Cesc and Costa. In the light of Iniesta's poor form and Rakitic oscillating performances, he would've helped our midfield a lot, especially with Messi, Neymar and Suarez up front.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

His passing is fine against the top teams, better than anyone else in the Chelsea team as in the other games.

Fabregas has never had a problem with work rate.

F

Flavia

His passing is fine against the top teams, better than anyone else in the Chelsea team as in the other games.

Fabregas has never had a problem with work rate.

He sure did with Barça. In that regard, Rakitic offers a lot more. And I'm seeing a repeated pattern from some Chelsea fans comments about him.

Morten

He sure did with Barça. In that regard, Rakitic offers a lot more. And I'm seeing a repeated pattern from some Chelsea fans comments about him.

Workate does not equal acceleration, speed, strength etc. Workrate can be very good, but if you lack some key abilities for it, it migth look like you dont work hard enough. Cesc is no athlete.

Home of Barca Fans