Cesc Fàbregas

james baldwin

In a way this current Chelsea side is the least impressive he's had since he moved from Porto.

That's rubbish to be honest. I'll take more players from this Chelsea side than either of the ones in 2005 or 2006. This team's achievements this season are being ridiculously underrated.

Just broken the Premier League record for amount of days at the top, 171 minutes behind all season, another record. Only 2 defeats in the league and only 3 defeats all season in over 50 matches. Less than any other team in Europe including Munich, Barca, PSG, Juve and Madrid. That's why the defeat to PSG was a complete failure on Mourinho's part.

Last edited:

james baldwin

Costa, Hazard, Willian, Fabregas, Ivanovic will all walk into both Chelsea 2005 & 2006. Courtious, Matic, Azpilicueta are all roughly equal in quality to 2005 Cech, Makalele and William Gallas.

Last edited:

Hamzah

High Definition Member
That's rubbish to be honest. I'll take more players from this Chelsea side than either of the ones in 2005 or 2006. This team's achievements this season are being ridiculously underrated.

i disagree with you there. prime terry, cole, essien, makelele, drogba to name a few.

hazard and ivanovic would make it though

james baldwin

i disagree with you there. prime terry, cole, essien, makelele, drogba to name a few.

hazard and ivanovic would make it though

Cole wasn't in the 2004/2005 team. Terry in 2005 and 2015 are roughly equal. Essien wasn't in that team. Drogba in 2004/2005 was not better than Costa currently is. Crespo was a better player than Drogba in 2005.

This is the 2004/2005 team we are talking about not random names over a 10 year period.

barcaboy15

Just broken the Premier League record for amount of days at the top, 171 minutes behind all season, another record. Only 2 defeats in the league and only 3 defeats all season in over 50 matches. Less than any other team in Europe including Munich, Barca, PSG, Juve and Madrid. That's why the defeat to PSG was a complete failure on Mourinho's part.

I don't know, you are basing this pretty much solely on their achievements in the PL this year, but look who they were up against... pretty much the only other contender from day one was an awful Man City.

I mean, Arsenal are second for christ sake, and they finished second in their CL group and got knocked out in the next round by Monaco :lol:

The premier league on the whole was much better compared to other top teams in Europe ten years ago, so it's not really a fair comparison.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
This team has better names, on paper they definitely look like a stronger side in certain areas, and a bunch could walk into the team from 10 years ago, but that team was a extremely strong unit which conceded only 15 goals, had the most wins(I think 30 or 31?) and set the points record(granted, this side could get the 2nd highest), we had The Invincibles as our main rivals too. Sure they weren't as strong as 03/04 but they were still very good. Chelsea this year are good, but there was almost no competition from about Feb onward and we failed miserably in the CL. This team can be better than the first one, but it hasn't reached its potential yet. Right from the off that were a juggernaut, for 2 years anyway.

One really important thing to consider is the fact that the whole team really struggled from January until about April. If it weren't for Hazard our points tally would be low 70's at best, the team back then weren't so reliant on one guy to get us through shit.

Last edited:

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
This team has better names, on paper they definitely look like a stronger side in certain areas, and a bunch could walk into the team from 10 years ago, but that team was a extremely strong unit which conceded only 15 goals, had the most wins(I think 30 or 31?) and set the points record(granted, this side could get the 2nd highest), we had The Invincibles as our main rivals too. Sure they weren't as strong as 03/04 but they were still very good. Chelsea this year are good, but there was almost no competition from about Feb onward and we failed miserably in the CL. This team can be better than the first one, but it hasn't reached its potential yet. Right from the off that were a juggernaut, for 2 years anyway.

One really important thing to consider is the fact that the whole team really struggled from January until about April. If it weren't for Hazard our points tally would be low 70's at best, the team back then weren't so reliant on one guy to get us through shit.

Shut up, Cuadrado obviously saved your assess, hahaha...

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
10417714_874008209320857_6688619776263326923_n.jpg

His wife is expecting in a few weeks. :D

Science Kid

The first season he's not with us and we have an incredible second half of the season and are peeking at the perfect time...what an uncanny coincidence!!!

The season before he came we won the CL/Primera double and the first season he leaves we're again on the verge of it.:lol:

Siberia

Fabregas to Chelsea TV -

"Barcelona was a team of individuals but now I am part of a family. The fans, team and owners are all together"

"On Thursday I said this could debatably be my best move ever. After today's atmosphere, I'm sure this is where I belong"

Someone is butthurt :lucho:

Chong Li

Filthy tackle on Sterling... what a grade A cunt.

I'm so glad the rotten apple is gone. Probably Zubi's greatest transfer.

Home of Barca Fans