Champions league 09-10

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
nah that's bollocks.

I mean fair enough on the first (altho mvb fouls him right before - ignored by ref and lino, like I said, if the ref was consistent it would have been 10v10 at least, possibly 10v9 as bastian flew in a few times) but the second is never a second yellow.

the bayern players made it one by pressuring the referee - just like geta did to get piqué off way back when.

The 2nd was a stonewall yellow. Ribery was past him on a dangerous attack and he pulls him back, it's a yellow Meta. Put your Barca specs back on and you'll realise.

Beast

The Observer
My friend Meta,

I did not see the first foul so I cannot judge that but the second one was a tug from behind to stop the opposing team from gaining a fair advantage= text book yellow card. Every professional foul is a yellow card and a tug from behind (especially at that part of the field) is always a professional foul.

That is a black and white yellow.

Playa.
+ 100000
It was much worse BG , Rafael (on the ground ) intentionally take off VB leg when he is running away to take the ball

S

Super Pippo

it was poor refereeing to send him off, but fergie bottled it YET AGAIN after that.

rooney (clearly well below 100%) should have been off straight away and then either a midfielder or a striker should have been on and fletcher should have stayed at RB. o'shea came on, and basically played CB, which meant valencia played RB, which meant they had no outball on the right, which allows bayern to BOSS the game.

so... bad reffing but the old man came up short yet again (anyone remember his "brilliant" substitution at HT in rome? :lol: )

It was very bad decissions from him, of all the players to lose rafael is the one that has the least impact. To completely forfeit midfield for the sake of keeping options upfront when you already have more gols than needed just can't be reasoned. Very surprising as of all the british managers Ferguson is no fool.

N

niagi

Incredible goal by Robben, but Bayern didn't have a chance in the world until they got that 3-1 goal. Actually I really didn't enjoy the game in the first half since Bayern were pretty much crap, misplacing every other pass. In the second half Rafael got a really unnecessary (but correct) second yellow card which changed the game. Thats when they lost the game.

BlaugranaGirl

Ferguson: "Young boy, inexperience, but they got him sent off. They all rushed towards the referee. Typical Germans. You can't dispute that."

Hamzah

High Definition Member
it was poor refereeing to send him off, but fergie bottled it YET AGAIN after that.

rooney (clearly well below 100%) should have been off straight away and then either a midfielder or a striker should have been on and fletcher should have stayed at RB. o'shea came on, and basically played CB, which meant valencia played RB, which meant they had no outball on the right, which allows bayern to BOSS the game.

so... bad reffing but the old man came up short yet again (anyone remember his "brilliant" substitution at HT in rome? :lol: )

what you talkin bout willis? two clear yellows equals a red end of story.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
regarding the second yellow... sorry, but I don't buy it.

it's a yellow if the guy hasn't been booked. but he's not last man, there's 2/3 players on the cover, they're 40 yards from goal, ribery doesn't even fall over (in fact he doesn't even lose possession of the ball and just stops play, forcing the ref's hand)... sorry, but it's a warning (something he never got). he was probably gonna get a warning until ribery and mvb started barking in the refs ear.

god they're filth.

It was very bad decissions from him, of all the players to lose rafael is the one that has the least impact. To completely forfeit midfield for the sake of keeping options upfront when you already have more gols than needed just can't be reasoned. Very surprising as of all the british managers Ferguson is no fool.

rafael was actually immense for them first half tho. had ribery totally in his pocket.

it wasn't even so much that he left a forward on, normally what he did would have been fine. but rooney was clearly not fit and had almost 0% of the mobility he usually does which meant they were basically playing with 9 men.

very naive from ferguson.

bayern aren't a great side, but they have two matchwinners on the wings, a little workhorse up-front, and the refs on their side. they could be dangerous.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Just been to Halfords having problems with my satnav. I enter "Old Trafford" and it comes bck with "not in europe"

Home of Barca Fans