Champions league 09-10

B

blueduck

He's a Premiership homer who slags off La Liga every chance he gets, but otherwise he's quite decent, really. :lol:

Chip.jpg

More salt on that chip?

Thought Provoking

From my personal experience, EPL fans listen to Andy grey, Mark Lawrenson, Phil Thompson etc and they believe them. This makes them so arrogant and they completly reject anything which isn't in England or English. Leo Messi is a perfect example of how the english media can down play a great player just like that and for the fans to actually believe them..until they see him for themselves.

Did you watch the Arsenal - Barca games on English TV?

Nobody is down playing Messi, they haven't done since his performance at Stamford Bridge a few years ago. In fact people like Andy Gray were going over the top about his performance at the Camp Nou.

Thought Provoking

On the subject of the English hype machine I remember The Guardian's otherwise decent analysis of the Barcelona vs Arsenal match that I was reading before the game, they mention how Barcelona has allowed the least amount of goals in La Liga but dismissed it as meaningless because La Liga is "sub-SPL quality"

This is the type of ignorant arrogance that makes some of us so rabid when it comes to the Premier League. It's common sense that the EPL would be the most popular league to talk about among English speaking football fans, but that doesn't mean we all have to drink the kool aid.

I can understand your frustrations with this sort of thing but you musn't confuse this with the wider view of the average English football fan. A lot of us can see what is going on and don't need it spoon fed to us by the sensationalist media.

But on the same token, do you regularly read Spanish media? Because you can often find equally bias and exaggerated articles over there too. Marca being a prime example. But a lot of the time that is simply brushed off as the garbage that it is without needing to refer to it as the "typical cocky Spanish media". The same can't be said for the bad journalism that originates in England.

Lemmi

The Reckoner
Did you watch the Arsenal - Barca games on English TV?

Nobody is down playing Messi, they haven't done since his performance at Stamford Bridge a few years ago. In fact people like Andy Gray were going over the top about his performance at the Camp Nou.

not at all true

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
He's a Premiership homer who slags off La Liga every chance he gets, but otherwise he's quite decent, really. :lol:

and what do you (and 90% of this forum) do about the PL every single chance you get?

come on, dude, he's an english man who supports an english team. of course he will lean towards the english league and send some banter our way.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
and what do you (and 90% of this forum) do about the PL every single chance you get?

come on, dude, he's an english man who supports an english team. of course he will lean towards the english league and send some banter our way.

I know, I get it, there's no hard feelings either way.

I have no problem with banter and that's why I get upset when someone like Edward takes my comments too seriously. There's a difference between petty cheap shits and disgusting garbage like that recently banned clown was bringing here.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
I know, I get it, there's no hard feelings either way.

I have no problem with banter and that's why I get upset when someone like Edward takes my comments too seriously. There's a difference between petty cheap shits and disgusting garbage like that recently banned clown was bringing here.

truesay.

T

Tekken Lord

As a Man Utd fan i have one thing to say. I hate Michael Carrick. He was at fault for both Bayern goals tonight.

S

SRFC-ULTRAS

who do shamrock rovers play?

Were not in it! Never have been. Don't know where you got that idea.

We have a big game against our biggest rivals Bohemians on Friday though

Anyway I hope Lyon win the Champions League although it would give me pleasure to see yous win it at the home of Franco FC

zanela

Part deux

3hqo3.jpg

The hero strikes again. :party00231::party00231::party00231:

For me, it was not the sending off but Olić's goal that was the turning point in this match. Until that point the Bavarians were piss poor but his goal brought them back in to it. From then on, they knew all they needed was just one more goal and then the away goal rule would kick in. It gave them the lift they needed and they played with more confidence, saw more of the ball, pressed better and looked more dangerous going forward. Redcard or no redcard i still think the Bavarians would've edged it in the end. And like i've said in the past, if there is one team whose got lady luck in their favour this campaign it's Bayern. The group stage & Fiorentina showed it. I expect them to be in the finals now.

The 2 men who made it all possible. The dutch baldie with a stunner. A well worked out corner but what a finish that was, worthy of playing in the semis. Also, loved it when Robben skinned the mighty Pevra in the second half. :hooray:
w48ll.jpg

I hadn't noticed much but Gomez is a hottie and not such a bad CF either. ;) I'd have him here as a back-up CF or even as a starter. :p
23m4oer.jpg

Last but not the least,
Lets hear it for the chuckle bros for making it to the semifinals. :lol:
5as2af.jpg

TBF, those who've watched Demi for Argentina 'll know that he actually does well for them. He is really not THAT bad.

The semifinals with new entries just got more refreshing and interesting. :beer2:

Last edited:

dalitis8

Banned
I am really disappointed....no EPL idiots to argue with anymore...I just hope the Italians or even the Germans can compensate for even a fraction of that overwhelming avalanche of stupidity...

SoleBaje

I am really disappointed....no EPL idiots to argue with anymore...I just hope the Italians or even the Germans can compensate for even a fraction of that overwhelming avalanche of stupidity...

I was relishing the thought of finally being able to enjoy the CL in peace but then again, those British Rats never fail to contribute to the entertainment factor somehow.

Home of Barca Fans