Champions League 12/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
I'm not going to say much about the red card except that I've seen Madrid players do worse things a 100 times or so during the last few years

oz187

That was a red, it doesn't need to be intentional, it just needs to be dangerous which a flying kick like that is.

El Gato

Villarato!
Off course it wasn't red, because Arbeloa came from the behind and Nani never expected him, his foul was not intentional.
The ref ruined the game, all the time he was looking to come into notice and to be on the spotlights.

All in all, it was a disappointing game, United were the better team, but Fergie should have reacted after Nani's dismissal and he should have replaced Giggs and Wellbeck with Rooney and Valencia.

Since when does the intent excuse a dangerous foul play? Sure as hell applies to Pepe trying to get the ball by demolishing Alves as a bonus, no?

Banana-Rama said:
If intent doesn't matter then punching someone in the head is atleast a pen (lopez on vidic)

Inclined to agree. Except if that was given every time we'd see bunches of keepers getting red carded everywhere.

Plus you have to take into account the fact that it all depends on the referees perception at the time.

Irish_Cules

The ref will have no marks given against him by Fifa because strictly going by the rules, it can be interpreted as a a red card since his stoods were up and how high it was. The footballing world knows though that he was merely attempting to cushion the ball and that it was in no way deserving of a red.

F

Flavia

I didn't see the game, but just saw a replay of the foul. It was a red to me, clear dangerous play. It was very fast, maybe Nani didn't see Arbeloa, but I don't see grounds for complaing.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
I hope Madrid face Bayern next so Lahm can show everyone how to boss CR7 over and over again. Whilst Alaba will do the same to Di Maria

Oh, well yeah; as much as I dislike Bayern I hope they destroy Madrid. And I actually respect Lahm (probably the only German besides Ozil and Podolski I respect) so definitely want Madrid to lose.

Catalan Fan

That was a red, it doesn't need to be intentional, it just needs to be dangerous which a flying kick like that is.

It wasn't a "flying kick", it was an attempt to bring the ball down and Nani wasn't aware Arbeloa was behind him.

Yes, his foot was high but at the most it was a yellow card (if that).It was a very poor decision and effectively ruined the game.Are you Roy Keane in disguise ? lol

Guardian

Since when does the intent excuse a dangerous foul play? Sure as hell applies to Pepe trying to get the ball by demolishing Alves as a bonus, no?

You see Pepe's foul on Alves as "unintentional"? Dude, I hope you can afford the best mental and medical treatment in the best mental clinic, otherwise I feel sorry for you.

Nani never expected Arbeloa to jump like a flying kamikaze from the behind, all he wanted is to stop the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans