Champions League 12/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's kinda funny to see us all up in arms about this, but when we - Barca - get calls in our favor and non-Barca fans complain, they just get called bitter. idk, I just think some people are overreacting. If you go 100% by the book, red card was justified, and refs don't have the luxury of replay like we do to see whether there was ACTUAL intent, or whether the player saw there was someone there.

Did that call change the outcome of the match? Probably yes... but is it because the ref was corrupt/biased? Kind of a crazy conclusion to jump to there. Makes us no better than people shouting "uefalona".

Agree. Bad decision, but let's not start crying conspiracy.

Waschdel

It's kinda funny to see us all up in arms about this, but when we - Barca - get calls in our favor and non-Barca fans complain, they just get called bitter. idk, I just think some people are overreacting. If you go 100% by the book, red card was justified, and refs don't have the luxury of replay like we do to see whether there was ACTUAL intent, or whether the player saw there was someone there.

Did that call change the outcome of the match? Probably yes... but is it because the ref was corrupt/biased? Kind of a crazy conclusion to jump to there. Makes us no better than people shouting "uefalona".

True words - but it´s more or less normal that there is some complaining about the ref in fan-forums. It was a red card that can be given. Other refs probably would give a yellow knowing that there was no intention by Nani. Good refs don´t influence results. If there is a choice games like this should be decided by the players and there surely was a choice. ManUtd. was the better team. But sometimes being better is not enough to win games.

Beast

The Observer

:worthy:

Catalan Fan

LOL Nani not a red from those who were asking for De Jong to get a red on his tackle on Xabi in the WC final ? and we paid the ref but he missed Rafael clear handball blocking Higuain header from entering ?

anyhow nothing is not expected over here :D still hilarious dudes ... good luck vs Milan and better luck next time for United

You can't seriously think that the Nani red card was in any way similar to the de Jong chest stamp in the WC ? Really ? :lol:

Guardian

BEoGZJ_CAAAQf5h.jpg

Shall I buy you glasses or a book with lessons in logic? Where is written that every foul should be red carded? This foul nothing but yellow.

Last edited:

Birdy

The whole ref discussion is sterile.. It did have a clear impact on the game, but its a waste of time to discuss on red or not red..
The matter is that Real was inferior to UTd.. That was clear.. But now they are through and they have good chances of winning it.. Only Bayern, Juve and Dortmund have chances to put them out..

Ursegor

World Champion

Hilarious how all the Liverpool fans come out with shit like this. "Probably". Yeah, just "probably" it changed the outcome. 2 goals within 15 minutes after the sending of. 0 chances created 65 minutes before. Even Mourinho himself looked embarrassed. DURING the game.

As for the conspiracy part. The referee is officially following Real Madrid and Ronaldo on his twitter account. LMAO

Guardian

Answer me this - were both Dani and Pepe going for the ball?

Yeah, but one difference - Pepe went for the ball like brainless radical jihadist and his challenge was more than intentional and could have broken Alves leg, luckily he hit the ball.
Nani jumped for the ball and never expected Arbeloa to fly from the behind as if there was lion after him.

Irish_Cules

Hilarious how all the Liverpool fans come out with shit like this. "Probably". Yeah, just "probably" it changed the outcome. 2 goals within 15 minutes after the sending of. 0 chances created 65 minutes before. Even Mourinho himself looked embarrassed. DURING the game.

As for the conspiracy part. The referee is officially following Real Madrid and Ronaldo on his twitter account. LMAO

He's also following Barcelona and the Spanish Tourism Board as well apparently. :lol:

utility73

Grats to Madrid. Had a hard time tonight. Maybe they got a bit lucky due to the Nani situation. In my opinion the red card was justified. Nani's conduct was reckless even though not intentional. So the red might have been harsh but can definitely be justified.

Anyway Madrid adapted way better to the changed situation.

PearLBLacK

Banned
Shall I buy you glasses or a book with lessons in logic? Were is written that every foul should be red carded? This foul nothing but yellow.

Actually, you'd do well to invest in some common sense. It says the player is guilty of serious foul play, and as is known serious foul play is punishable with red. Simple really.

And Catalan Fan, what is different between Nani and De Jong's actions? Similar action, similar contact, different angle.

Stric

His foot was too high, yes... but I hear people comparing this to DeJong's foul in the WC... Honestly, Nani's foot was too high, he should've gotten a yellow, but nobody seems to comment on the fact that it was Arbeloa who ran into Nani's leg, not Nani who ran into Arbeloa's body with his foot, like DeJong did in the WC. This foul seems completely harmless to me, Arbeloa didn't even hit the "front" (bottom side) of his foot. He hit the side of Nani's leg with his torso and could've just walked away like nothing happened. His reaction is what awarded Nani the red.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans