Champions League 12/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

PearLBLacK

Banned
Anyways, good luck to BananaRama and any Utd fans here. Deserved a draw, or a share of the spoils if this was a points-accumulation match. Utd were better at times, looked more dangerous than us for a good part of the match. And Giggs was playing brilliantly, never mind him being 39, he was one of the best players on the pitch from both sides. Lots of respect. Best of luck for the remainder of the season.

MotM for me was Diego Lopez, no competition.

XaviMessiGirl

It's kinda funny to see us all up in arms about this, but when we - Barca - get calls in our favor and non-Barca fans complain, they just get called bitter. idk, I just think some people are overreacting. If you go 100% by the book, red card was justified, and refs don't have the luxury of replay like we do to see whether there was ACTUAL intent, or whether the player saw there was someone there.

Did that call change the outcome of the match? Probably yes... but is it because the ref was corrupt/biased? Kind of a crazy conclusion to jump to there. Makes us no better than people shouting "uefalona".

PearLBLacK

Banned
You see Pepe's foul on Alves as "unintentional"? Dude, I hope you can afford the best mental and medical treatment in the best mental clinic, otherwise I feel sorry for you.

Nani never expected Arbeloa to jump like a flying kamikaze from the behind, all he wanted is to stop the ball.

BEoGZJ_CAAAQf5h.jpg

ilcesa342

hello guys! I am Italian and I support Fiorentina, of course also of barcelona. I can tell you that when Mourinho to coach Inter, has stolen much. Even the champions league that won was clearly stolen. Tonight's game disgusted me, shameful. Sorry if I do not write English well but I have never studied!

F

Flavia

It's kinda funny to see us all up in arms about this, but when we - Barca - get calls in our favor and non-Barca fans complain, they just get called bitter. idk, I just think some people are overreacting. If you go 100% by the book, red card was justified, and refs don't have the luxury of replay like we do to see whether there was ACTUAL intent, or whether the player saw there was someone there.

Did that call change the outcome of the match? Probably yes... but is it because the ref was corrupt/biased? Kind of a crazy conclusion to jump to there. Makes us no better than people shouting "uefalona".

This. For me it was a clear red. And if instead of arbeloa it was alves or alba, I doubt anyone'd be saying it wasn't a red card.

PearLBLacK

Banned
For a handball to be given it must be intentional. Rafael was right beside Higuain, thus having no time to remove his arm. It could have gone either way.

Even if it blocks a clear goal? Quote the rule book for me. Or if we use common sense, a ball that is headed for the net, blocked illegally is a penalty. I'd understand intention being debated if it wasn't a clear goal and the keeper would have a chance of stopping it. But one headed for the net, doesn't have to be intentional as Suarez or unintentional as Rafael. But you wouldn't understand that would you?

Beast

The Observer
LOL Nani not a red from those who were asking for De Jong to get a red on his tackle on Xabi in the WC final ? and we paid the ref but he missed Rafael clear handball blocking Higuain header from entering ?

anyhow nothing is not expected over here :D still hilarious dudes ... good luck vs Milan and better luck next time for United

El Gato

Villarato!
You see Pepe's foul on Alves as "unintentional"? Dude, I hope you can afford the best mental and medical treatment in the best mental clinic, otherwise I feel sorry for you.

Nani never expected Arbeloa to jump like a flying kamikaze from the behind, all he wanted is to stop the ball.

Answer me this - were both Dani and Pepe going for the ball?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans