Champions League 12/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerrybai

Even if it blocks a clear goal? Quote the rule book for me. Or if we use common sense, a ball that is headed for the net, blocked illegally is a penalty. I'd understand intention being debated if it wasn't a clear goal and the keeper would have a chance of stopping it. But one headed for the net, doesn't have to be intentional as Suarez or unintentional as Rafael. But you wouldn't understand that would you?

The FIFA Interpretation of the Laws of the Game states that handling the ball involves a deliberate act of a player making contact with the ball with his hand or arm.

It's unnatural to jump with your hands by your sides. In a perfect world I would give a penalty, but it can go either way. You know as much as anyone that the handball rule is very vague. Iv'e seen them given and iv'e seen them denied.

iJ6XysLT7IFnG.gif

The ref could argue that Rafael's head will connect with the ball if his arm was not in the way. It's not clear to the ref if the ball is going in or not.

El Gato

Villarato!
Yeah, but one difference - Pepe went for the ball like brainless radical jihadist and his challenge was more than intentional and could have broken Alves leg, luckily he hit the ball.
Nani jumped for the ball and never expected Arbeloa to fly from the behind as if there was lion after him.

And referee could tell all this at an instant moment. Refs don't have the time to pick out the intent on quick plays. Madrid fans have a good argument with Rafael handball in that matter, but we don't have anything to complain about. Of course we see what Evra tried to do or we have 15 more chances to do so, but if you were at refs spot at the time would you make the right decision 10 times out of 10?

XaviMessiGirl

yeh I'm not sure I would have called a pen, it was too close for him to have done anything about his arm being there. If he had raised his arm after the ball was headed, then yes.

Catalan Fan

Actually, you'd do well to invest in some common sense. It says the player is guilty of serious foul play, and as is known serious foul play is punishable with red. Simple really.

And Catalan Fan, what is different between Nani and De Jong's actions? Similar action, similar contact, different angle.

Mate, if you can't tell the difference between the two incidents, there's really no point in me trying to explain it to you.
#Specsavers. :thumbsup2:

Ursegor

World Champion
He's also following Barcelona and the Spanish Tourism Board as well apparently. :lol:

Everyone in Turkey is either a Barca or a Madrid fan. Or both. Turks are football crazy people and given the irrelevance of the Süper Lig on the international stage everyone who has anything to do with football supports either Barca (Messi) or Madrid (Ronaldo) as a second club. It's common knowledge like Malaysians being Manchester United fans by default or Swedes being "whatever team Ibrahimovic is playing for" fans. Guy is following only 35 accounts on Twitter. 2 of them are Real Madrid and Ronaldo. Completely unbiased for sure. And there is also no matchfixing or doping in football. Never. :rolleyes:

Beast

The Observer
His foot was too high, yes... but I hear people comparing this to DeJong's foul in the WC... Honestly, Nani's foot was too high, he should've gotten a yellow, but nobody seems to comment on the fact that it was Arbeloa who ran into Nani's leg, not Nani who ran into Arbeloa's body with his foot, like DeJong did in the WC. This foul seems completely harmless to me, Arbeloa didn't even hit the "front" (bottom side) of his foot. He hit the side of Nani's leg with his torso and could've just walked away like nothing happened. His reaction is what awarded Nani the red.

If you look at the replay watch what Nani did when his foot touched Arbeloa .. he literally made it intentional

Guardian

Actually, you'd do well to invest in some common sense. It says the player is guilty of serious foul play, and as is known serious foul play is punishable with red. Simple really.

And Catalan Fan, what is different between Nani and De Jong's actions? Similar action, similar contact, different angle.

How on Earth Nani used an "excessive force"? Do you know the meaning of that? He was trying to stop the ball ffs! That was never red. Seriously, you can't compare a blatant karate kick (that was yellow carded only) with Nani's situation. Seriously, some people amaze me with their delusions.

Povikas

Brandon
in the end, everyone still sticks to their opinions and truths, that's why it's funny to argue.

referee's in-game POV: red
from replays: yellow

#imo

Catalan Fan

How on Earth Nani used an "excessive force"? Do you know the meaning of that? He was trying to stop the ball ffs! That was never red. Seriously, you can't compare a blatant karate kick (that was yellow carded only) with Nani's situation. Seriously, some people amaze me with their delusions.

I suspect there's a degree of "wummery" in some of the posts tonight ;)

Guardian

And referee could tell all this at an instant moment. Refs don't have the time to pick out the intent on quick plays. Madrid fans have a good argument with Rafael handball in that matter, but we don't have anything to complain about. Of course we see what Evra tried to do or we have 15 more chances to do so, but if you were at refs spot at the time would you make the right decision 10 times out of 10?

Rafael should have been sent off and a penalty should have been awarded for Real, I admit that, because I have an honest opinion. But that happened after Nani's dismissal, which ruined the entire game. There were few fouls from Ramos in the penalty box or out of it (Wellbeck's situation), so, yes, the ref is to blame for ruining the show. Madrid never deserved to go through, but Turkish airlines are targeting Spain obviously :)

Ursegor

World Champion
It was never a red. The fact that Mourinho went up to SAF DURING the game almost looking like he wanted to apologize and his comments afterwards tells you all. At least Mourinho's CL winning campaigns always follow the same patterns. When he won it with Porto he also robbed Manchester United.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
What we learned from this: Insert video replays on important decisions for the ref to see! It breaks the flow of the game you say? You know what else does that? Refereeing that makes the game incorrectly one-sided!

Also, to those people comparing this "foul" to De Jong's challenge... :facepalm:

Pepe Silvia

united were the better team up until red, and the ref should have given nani a yellow as he clearly saw nani's intent was to pull down the ball. he even brought back his leg when he made contact to not injure arbeloa. it was a crappy call that unfairly turned the tide in madrid's favor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans