Champions League 12/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ursegor

World Champion
By the way. The saddest part to watch on the night was seeing a Manchester United team without proper midfielders, without Rooney and with 39 year old Giggs on show completely nullifying Madrid's counterattacks. And we just play into their hands, play a ridiculous highline, get raped at home by the cheapest counterattacks and hope that Neymar will fix this. Brilliant.

King Leo

Banned
By the way. The saddest part to watch on the night was seeing a Manchester United team without proper midfielders, without Rooney and with 39 year old Giggs on show completely nullifying Madrid's counterattacks. And we just play into their hands, play a ridiculous highline, get raped at home by the cheapest counterattacks and hope that Neymar will fix this. Brilliant.

Dude I was saying the same things through out the match. Man U defense is the kind of thing we need. When will this nightmare end.

El Gato

Villarato!
Anyway.

Best Champions League for a long time IMO

True. For a couple of years you could only wish to say that so many other teams than the most popular and respected ones would put on classic ties in almost every stage. Although I'm anxious about Madrid facing the Germans it's obviously providing a much better showing than a match against the Spurs or APOEL.

spark

We arent even pressing at the top any more so the high line isn't necessary. Its not even like we play them once a season. 6 times a season and we act like we don't know what their singular threat is. Sir Alex plays them once, watches said rape at the Camp Nou and rightly decides he doesn't want any of that.

Birdy

Its strange that Mourinho in Madrid never had a CL which you could say he had a team that could be considered best in Europe (like Inter 2010 or Chelsea twice)..
10-11 was an improvement, but they only face one top opponent (barca) and got eliminated..
11-12 might have been best team in spain, but was nothing special in Europe - really before bayern the opponents were of Europa League quality..
This season, its the worst i think. Madrid has been pretty shit. Inferior to borrusia and united, the same shit as Citeh and only better than Ajax...

Its pretty unfair to go beyond quarters, based on such performances..
But, idk, i suddenly feel that the whole 'lucky star' thing has come back again. Who would expect chelsea to lift it last season? But from the moment drogba scored verus napoli on the return, there was something going on with chelsea games..
Same thing seemed to occur today.. I was pretty sure they were going to be eliminated, but since nani got the red, you could feel it that no, something is going on here, circumstances work here for madrid..

Blaugrana dude

It was never a red. The fact that Mourinho went up to SAF DURING the game almost looking like he wanted to apologize and his comments afterwards tells you all. At least Mourinho's CL winning campaigns always follow the same patterns. When he won it with Porto he also robbed Manchester United.

Thats more of Mourinho kissing the ass of SAF because he wants the United job than him being sincere about it if anything. Afterall I never noticed Mou apologize for a red card unfairly given to some random La Liga team. I can understand why the ref gave it tho, since in the instant it happened it looked like dangerous play. But still Así, así, así gana el Madrid ;)

A

Athletic

izZzaDePbMqoZ.gif

Looks like he was getting his fist ready to punch that guy in the face :lol:

ifMqWF94BPM1p.gif

Hate that guy

Ketoth

If it hit him in the chest then it's a clear red. I think that's the only ref mistake, misjudging the point of contact.

However, I remember Eboue got sent off for a similar tackle, against utd. I remember utd players demanding the red, and the man u supporters never had any regrets.

Unbiased United

Very unlucky for United tonight. Over the two legs we were the most dangerous and without doubt the red card swung the game in Madrid's favor. I don't think its corrupt though, its just the case of a ref making an absolute shocking decision in an otherwise solid performance....it happens, but it changed the game for sure.

Apart from those two bitter Liverpool fans (it must REALLY hurt you being much closer points-wise to the bottom of the league than to the United in first place! :D ...but wait, lets see next season, right? :rolleyes: ) its good to see United getting some overdue respect on here. There is literally just Barca at their brilliant best who are clearly better than us, we are right up there with everyone else and have a great squad full of depth.

Not to worry though, number 20 will be wrapped up soon, and a good chance at the double too....oh, but good luck in the battle for 7th Liverpool. :)

El Gato

Villarato!
If it hit him in the chest then it's a clear red. I think that's the only ref mistake, misjudging the point of contact.

However, I remember Eboue got sent off for a similar tackle, against utd. I remember utd players demanding the red, and the man u supporters never had any regrets.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Because he was clearly trying to settle the ball with that foot and his team was the better side before the red card. :lol:

ricknattery

Course there is, but it's also ridiculous to assume the worst every time a ref makes a controversial call.

If there was a long history of this ref making calls in Madrid's favor, then sure.

By your own words
when does a dubious call doesnt favor Madrid? Tell me when was the last time Madrid was out of a competition due to the ref failing against them more than favoring. Show me a real one, not being biased like mourinho only remembering what happens against him and completely ignoring the inmense amout of favoring calls on his side

There is a long history and a pattern when it comes to madrid

Last edited:

sabby

^ Exactly ! I've actually been wanting Real to knock Utd for 2 reasons.
1. Utd fans were supporting Real always against Barca.
2. I want Barca-Real UCL final with a sweet revenge :D

Of course before that we have to pull it together in Milan match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans