Champions League 12/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBarcaBoy

Still undecided about the sending off, can see why the ref did it, nowhere near as outrageous as the english press are suggesting. As for the handball really wasn't mentioned until after the game, in spain it would have been given all day long.

footyfan

Calma, calma
@beast: This angle is much better to use as evidence. It's a red since there is intent from Rafael (which Nani didn't have) and he's blocking a goal-bound shot. His hands are down but he raises them to block the shot (I initially thought that he raised his arms to help him jump but that seems unlikely from this angle). Both decisions were up to the ref's interpretation and United got "lucky" on one of the calls while Madrid got "lucky" on the other.

BigBarcaBoy

Amazingly enough there was another game last night which I watched and apart from a spell at the start of the second half i was very impressed by dortmund.

El Gato

Villarato!
Because he was clearly trying to settle the ball with that foot and his team was the better side before the red card. :lol:

He was looking at the ball. And what difference does it make which team is better when it comes to giving of a red card for an offence?

Paganinisrvnge

Dortmund and Bayern are favorites for me if Barcelona don't progress. Dortmund were much better against Real and I don't see Real beating them should they meet. I would also expect Bayern to knock out Real again if they meet again.

aaron101

It's ironic that Beast said that refs should be strict about the rules when their players deserves a red card almost every clasico game. Those guys make red card deserving foul and go unpunished. It's like those fouls are normal to them. Lol

Irish_Cules

There's a big difference between the Eboue and Nani incidents. Nani was going to control the ball with his foot and if Arbeloa had not intervened he would have done so. Eboue was going up for a header and unnecessarily kicked out with his leg, he was never going to control it with his foot.

Stric

With butchers like Pepe, Arbeloa, Ramos, Alonso and Marcelo, who never get sent off, and rarely get booked, RM fans should really keep their thoughts on the rulebook to themselves. Because if the rulebook was what referees stuck to, Real Madrid would end up playing every game with 9-10 players on the pitch.

King Leo

Banned
With butchers like Pepe, Arbeloa, Ramos, Alonso and Marcelo, who never get sent off, and rarely get booked, RM fans should really keep their thoughts on the rulebook to themselves. Because if the rulebook was what referees stuck to, Real Madrid would end up playing every game with 9-10 players on the pitch.

+1

Beast

The Observer

Most of the incidents you talk about are usually stuff most refs in Europe let is slide.. u got pampered by the refs giving all in la liga (ditto for Real ) you find hard when they can't give the same treatment in the Clasico as the opponent is as influential as you
I know what Pepe , Arbeloa & Ramos used to do and on several occasions they did get a red or did u forget how many reds Ramos already have ?
this season alone we received 10 red cards so there is no double standards ;) but it's fun you think we don't get a red.. where have you been in the last 4 years Clasico ?

It's ironic that Beast said that refs should be strict about the rules when their players deserves a red card almost every clasico game. Those guys make red card deserving foul and go unpunished. It's like those fouls are normal to them. Lol

And didn't we get a red ? and how many times your player dived for a penalty and didn't get a yellow or did an Alves ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans