Champions League 12/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paganinisrvnge

And meeting Barca and Bayern afterwards.. small details right ?

City would have qualified if they were put in any other group .. like your group for example..
i'd like to you mention your groups in the last three seasons (including this one ) please .. can you :lol: ?

.. Pot - kettle - black ;)

In those same 2 seasons, Barcelona's routes to the semis were through Arsenal and Shakhtar then Bayer Leverkusen and AC Milan. Not exactly super difficult but not as easy as facing 0 teams from the top 4 leagues.

Antimadridista1

Hmmm Beast you forgot APOEL Nicosie, Ajax d'Amsterdam and all the others poor groups Real Madrid's fall in during last years ?
We played against teams like Arsenal, AC Milan, Chelsea or Inter Milano... so be happy for your team to be a little bit lucky in the quarter (first year for a long time that you play against strong teams like ManU, Dortmud & City in one time) because before your team was eliminated by teams like Lyon .

JackaL

Ok so Barca on the one hand side, the best team I know, Madrid, among the second best teams in the world, and we're arguing about who has an easier draw? :D

I tell you the teams with a hard draw: Galatasaray, PSG :D

Last edited:
B

beautifulgame

I wish people would stop talking about one team being the best or another during a competition like this. That type of talk is maybe for the off-season when things have been decided for a few months.

Now, I see 8 teams that can be in the final come May and to be frank, Barca can't be said to be better than Madrid having lost to them more times than not since summer time.

Let the team do their talking on the field about if they are the best or not. At this moment you have at least in Bayern, Juve, Dortmund, Madrid and PSG that can kick Barca out, whilst Malaga and Gala would give a very tough matchup.

Beast

The Observer
In those same 2 seasons, Barcelona's routes to the semis were through Arsenal and Shakhtar then Bayer Leverkusen and AC Milan. Not exactly super difficult but not as easy as facing 0 teams from the top 4 leagues.

who met zero teams from the 4 top leagues ? last i checked United, Spurs are in the EPL so is Dortmund and Citeh ? and when u met Leverkusen the German league was meh and let's not kid ourselves about Arsenal any tom , dick & harry in Europe beat
and yet you didn't really answer my question.. please name your groups in the last 3 season ...

Hmmm Beast you forgot APOEL Nicosie, Ajax d'Amsterdam and all the others poor groups Real Madrid's fall in during last years ?
We played against teams like Arsenal, AC Milan, Chelsea or Inter Milano... so be happy for your team to be a little bit lucky in the quarter (first year for a long time that you play against strong teams like ManU, Dortmud & City in one time) because before your team was eliminated by teams like Lyon .

Sorry but didn't Apoel qualify from the group stages or were wild carded in the last 16 ? didn't you have BATE in your group among other weak teams ? u mention teams Inter & Chelsea who you met in the semi's well we also met Barca & Bayern in the semi's.. yet like your buddy u didn't list your MAGNIFICENT groups in the last 3 season ;) isn't a shameful fact that will blow the rubbish theories out of the water so we are diverting attention to teams u met in the Semi's

Pot-Kettle - black

Sezmic

I wish people would stop talking about one team being the best or another during a competition like this. That type of talk is maybe for the off-season when things have been decided for a few months.

Now, I see 8 teams that can be in the final come May and to be frank, Barca can't be said to be better than Madrid having lost to them more times than not since summer time.

Let the team do their talking on the field about if they are the best or not. At this moment you have at least in Bayern, Juve, Dortmund, Madrid and PSG that can kick Barca out, whilst Malaga and Gala would give a very tough matchup.

Well said. You know exactly whats up.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Blah. This draw, for me, is really, really BLAH. The 4 teams I favour are all playing off against each other. This sucks. Oh well!

Doobs

The Messiah
I think Madrid-Gala will be an interesting tie, especially because Madrid play the second leg away. They'll have to try and end the tie in the first leg.

Paganinisrvnge

who met zero teams from the 4 top leagues ? last i checked United, Spurs are in the EPL so is Dortmund and Citeh ? and when u met Leverkusen the German league was meh and let's not kid ourselves about Arsenal any tom , dick & harry in Europe beat
and yet you didn't really answer my question.. please name your groups in the last 3 season ...

Sorry but didn't Apoel qualify from the group stages or were wild carded in the last 16 ? didn't you have BATE in your group among other weak teams ? u mention teams Inter & Chelsea who you met in the semi's well we also met Barca & Bayern in the semi's.. yet like your buddy u didn't list your MAGNIFICENT groups in the last 3 season ;) isn't a shameful fact that will blow the rubbish theories out of the water so we are diverting attention to teams u met in the Semi's

Pot-Kettle - black

Leverkusen was last year...the German league hasn't suddenly drastically improved in one year. Anyhow, I wasn't talking about the group stages. Only the knockouts BEFORE this season. I'll humor you anyway.

2009-10 groups:

Real Madrid, AC Milan, Marseille, Zurich

Barcelona, Inter Milan, Rubin Kazan, Dynamo Kyiv

I would say this one is about even.

2010-11 groups:

Real Madrid, AC Milan, Ajax, Auxerre

Barcelona, Copenhagen, Rubin Kazan, Panathinaikos

Real's group was harder

2011-12 groups

Real Madrid, Lyon, Ajax, Dinamo Zagreb

Barcelona, AC Milan, Viktoria Plzen, BATE Borisov

I would say it's about even because Ajax always bend over for Real and AC Milan is better than anyone in Real's group.

2012-13 groups:

Real Madrid, Manchester City, Borussia Dortmund, Ajax

Barcelona, Celtic, Spartak Moscow, Benfica

Real Madrid with a much tougher group

So there, your point is proven even though nobody was arguing with you about the groups. Real has had tougher groups over the past few years but let's look at teams both teams have played in the knockout stages.

2009-10:

Real Madrid knocked out by Lyon in round of 16.

Barcelona beat Stuttgart and Arsenal before being knocked out by Inter Milan(eventual winners) in the semis.

2010-11:

Real Madrid beat Lyon and pummel Tottenham before getting knocked out by Barcelona the semis.

Barcelona beat Arsenal, Shakhtar, Real Madrid, and Manchester United to win the Champions League.

2011-12:

Real Madrid beat CSKA Moscow and APOEL before getting knocked out in the semis by Bayern Munich.

Barcelona beat Bayer Leverkusen and AC Milan before getting knocked out in the semis by Chelsea(eventual winners)

In conclusion, Barcelona have stepped it up in the knockouts against top teams more often than not in the past few years where as Real Madrid have crumbled every time they faced top opposition except a few weeks ago when they needed an unfair Nani red card to barely get past Manchester United after Fergie tactically outclassed Mourinho.

You had the group of death but Man City were awful, Ajax always bend over for Real, and Dortmund nearly took all 6 points off of you and you should be terrified of facing them again.

lovebarca

Ok so Barca on the one hand side, the best team I know, Madrid, among the second best teams in the world, and we're arguing about who has an easier draw? :D

I tell you the teams with a hard draw: Galatasaray, PSG :D
guys you should stop arguing and see this post
marvelous post.This is what PSG and Galatasaray club's fans thinking.
And you are worrying about harder opponents?It's champions league QF not any competition.sooner or later you are going to face tough opponent.
Actually I came to remember one line "To be the best you have to beat the BEST".
So bring on any opponents and say we are ready for it.because you know why
"WE ARE BARCA"

Last edited:

SeloBarca

PSG with lavezzi and lucas are very strong on the counterattacks, which we defend very poorly against, so it wont be easy.

Antimadridista1

Leverkusen was last year...the German league hasn't suddenly drastically improved in one year. Anyhow, I wasn't talking about the group stages. Only the knockouts BEFORE this season. I'll humor you anyway.

2009-10 groups:

Real Madrid, AC Milan, Marseille, Zurich

Barcelona, Inter Milan, Rubin Kazan, Dynamo Kyiv

I would say this one is about even.

2010-11 groups:

Real Madrid, AC Milan, Ajax, Auxerre

Barcelona, Copenhagen, Rubin Kazan, Panathinaikos

Real's group was harder

2011-12 groups

Real Madrid, Lyon, Ajax, Dinamo Zagreb

Barcelona, AC Milan, Viktoria Plzen, BATE Borisov

I would say it's about even because Ajax always bend over for Real and AC Milan is better than anyone in Real's group.

2012-13 groups:

Real Madrid, Manchester City, Borussia Dortmund, Ajax

Barcelona, Celtic, Spartak Moscow, Benfica

Real Madrid with a much tougher group

So there, your point is proven even though nobody was arguing with you about the groups. Real has had tougher groups over the past few years but let's look at teams both teams have played in the knockout stages.

2009-10:

Real Madrid knocked out by Lyon in round of 16.

Barcelona beat Stuttgart and Arsenal before being knocked out by Inter Milan(eventual winners) in the semis.

2010-11:

Real Madrid beat Lyon and pummel Tottenham before getting knocked out by Barcelona the semis.

Barcelona beat Arsenal, Shakhtar, Real Madrid, and Manchester United to win the Champions League.

2011-12:

Real Madrid beat CSKA Moscow and APOEL before getting knocked out in the semis by Bayern Munich.

Barcelona beat Bayer Leverkusen and AC Milan before getting knocked out in the semis by Chelsea(eventual winners)

In conclusion, Barcelona have stepped it up in the knockouts against top teams more often than not in the past few years where as Real Madrid have crumbled every time they faced top opposition except a few weeks ago when they needed an unfair Nani red card to barely get past Manchester United after Fergie tactically outclassed Mourinho.

You had the group of death but Man City were awful, Ajax always bend over for Real, and Dortmund nearly took all 6 points off of you and you should be terrified of facing them again.

Thank you, now Beast you should just stop talking anymore about it. Madrid is definitely lucky but not strong enough to beat their opponents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans