Champions League 12/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Well, how do you all have for granted that Real will face Bayern again in the semis?
It might turn out a bayern-barca semi final and a real-dortmund one for example..

There's no way of telling, I just like the way it turns out more that way. Personal preference. :)

footyfan

Calma, calma
Well the draw is made in a way that the semi finals and final is already drawn set up based on who plays who in the QF, is it not? I've made my predictions based on what Semi-Neutral's has predicted, assuming he's gotten the draw for the SF's correct! :lol:

Starting this season, there will be an additional draw for the semi-finals. I personally like this new rule, knowing your potential path spoils the fun.

Well, how do you all have for granted that Real will face Bayern again in the semis?
It might turn out a bayern-barca semi final and a real-dortmund one for example..

PS: I think its ridiculous to question barcelona about the easy groups.. If you classify the top opponents according to their power, dynamic and strength into a hard core and a softer one, we have that (this season so far included):
Barca faced:
8 hard ones -> Chelsea(twice), UTD (twice), Inter (twice), Real, Arsenal (10-11)
and 7 additional decent ones -> Lyon, Bayern, Arsenal (09-10), Milan (3 times), PSG

whereas Real faced:
4 hard ones -> Barca, Bayern, UTD and Dortmund
5 soft ones -> Milan (twice), Lyon, City, Tottenham

So, i think we have faced stronger opposition than you

This is your first season that luck turns its back to mourinho since he took over. Unless you consider normal a series of matches against Lyon (last year's Lyon), Dynamo Zagreb, Ajax, CSKA and APOEL..

I'd say Milan 11-12 were tough too.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Very interesting turn of events...Former referee and current broadcaster, Ahmet Cakar from Turkey not only claims UEFA rigs the draw (Via vibrations and metallic object in selector's hands) but provides a demonstration of how it works

[youtube]LxWpqUmMcTk[/youtube]

DucdeOrléans

Would not be beyond them would it?

Embarrassing if true but corruption is everywhere, so it's hardly a surprise that such events could happen in UEFA. The stakes are high that's for sure.

Last edited:

La LL

Generally Delightful
A friend of mine mentioned this to me recently. He argued that FIFA would stop at nothing to get a Clasico final hence the Nani red card. He also claimed that making the semi-finals a draw would make it easier to secure a Clasico final. Clasico final -> money mountain.

Dunno if I believe it but it made me think. In any case, no one can deny that Lyon paid their way through to the knock-out round last season.

F

Flavia

A friend of mine mentioned this to me recently. He argued that FIFA would stop at nothing to get a Clasico final hence the Nani red card. He also claimed that making the semi-finals a draw would make it easier to secure a Clasico final. Clasico final -> money mountain.

Dunno if I believe it but it made me think. In any case, no one can deny that Lyon paid their way through to the knock-out round last season.

Fifa or uefa?

Bilal Khan

Tito > Mou

why didn't the ref help us at milan? esp with the handball goal lol

PearLBLacK

Banned
I don't think Clasico final has anything to do wih it. Clasicos are already the 3rd most watched football matches after the WC final and the CL final. A Clasico in the final would be epic, sure, but is there that much financial difference between one in the final and one in the semifinals to risk rigging the draws? I'd imagine the amount of coverage, viewers, betting, etc would be similar enough.

Unless Platini wants one to glorify his reign before he moves up the ladder to Blatter's office.

Cule4life

The Culest
Not to forget the same draw happening in rehearsals and actual draw. Also the present draw ensuring all 4 teams in semis will be strong teams and reducing chances of a wildcard like Malaga vs Gala for e.g. Maybe they want all 4 semifinalists to be strong to ensure maximum revenues. Malaga vs Barca or Dortmund vs Barca semifinal . Its clear which one will have more people tuning in

Andrew M

There's good money in propagating conspiracy theories. Always a book waiting to be written:rolleyes:

I heard that this time they gave the selector, Steve Macmananananaanan, the latest Google contact lenses (not released to public yet, but in 2020 they will be) that possess X-Ray vision technology and grant the wearer the ability to see the teams in the balls. GoogleRay it's called.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans