Champions League 23/24

Who will win CL this season?

• Total voters

Birdy

600m wages, wake up man. It used to be. Barto era.

GGn1kWlWkAAwElc

FinBarcelonafan

Can you provide a legit source?
I am really curious to see how much it is today

Football isn't 600 million a season, maybe the whole organisation? Either way, not the same thing.

Think about it, 600 million would be 20 players on 30 million year salary. That's fucking nuts.

Football club ain't paying that much

khaled_a_d

Those were for past season, now we are a hair below 500.

But it isn't wage, it is costs. It includes amortization of a player salary. That is very common mistake in Spain, for example Frenkie salary (including deferred wage) is around 25M or so, but if you add amortised cost then it pushes 37M which is widely reported. It is his cost on salary cap and FFP not what the player earns.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

They need to beat some good teams in CL first. If they go to Atletico and dominate, that is gonna be impressive.

Yes agree, Atletico under Simeone would lose against kopenhagen or PSV away, this stupid guy only let his team play football at home, we will see if Inter can dominate there.

But we have to say Inter's team isnt better than Barca's squad, it's Inzhagi who made Inter so good.

delancey

Our entire attack underperforms under Xavi - except for an exceptionally skilled 16 yo who thrives under a system without any noteworthy tactics. That is, his skills lend themselves perfectly to dribble, surpass your marker and cross, and then INSHALLAH!

I could go on and on, but our frontline is the most expensive one in LL - talent is not the issue. Having incompetent tacticians at the helm is.

And look, I hate to criticize Xavi, for his heart is in the right place. I’m someone who believes that hard work can and often will outperform lazy, albeit naturally talented coworkers. However, one cannot simply improve at chess if he mindlessly plays the game the same way - over and over again. One must evolve, pay attention, correct mistakes, and grow tactically, which is why I believe it was a mistake for him not to have taken an AM role at City, AV, Arsenal, or Leverkusen, for example. He wanted to be the big man too soon, and now his ego will prevent him from taking a step back and relearning tactics as the #2 guy.

He is a great motivator, has the respect of the squad, and handles pressers quite well. These are important traits too, but tactically he is clearly inferior, and that is why we struggle so much. Has nothing to do with Raphinha, Lewandowski, or Ferran being inferior players. They are weapons, and Xavi doesn’t know how to use them.

Didn’t help much that our entire backroom staff is here because of nepotism. That sucks.

We could have brought in anyone, and I guarantee you, under Xavi, he would have underperformed. Well, Messi would have killed it, but he’s an alien. :lol:
Also says something about organisation of funds. We have to be smart with that money, we aren't a state-owned club.
Our most differential players in the attack the last 2 seasons have been Dembele and Yamal, two fast dribbling 1v1 types, and we sign Ferran, Raphinha and Roque, 3 guys who are associative and less individual, and Felix, who is probably the least able 1v1 dribbler of all of them. Just doesnt seem like the recruitment had any plan whatsoever.

Probably would have had a similar attack spending nothing and just buying a striker/Lewa, keeping Dembele.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

Zzzzzzzzzzz. This competition is becoming as boring as international football when it only gets interesting at the quarter/semi final stage.

There hasn't been one remotely interesting game so far, but there is still time for Xaviball to save the day. :bartomeu:

ajnotkeith

Our entire attack underperforms under Xavi - except for an exceptionally skilled 16 yo who thrives under a system without any noteworthy tactics. That is, his skills lend themselves perfectly to dribble, surpass your marker and cross, and then INSHALLAH!

I could go on and on, but our frontline is the most expensive one in LL - talent is not the issue. Having incompetent tacticians at the helm is.

And look, I hate to criticize Xavi, for his heart is in the right place. I’m someone who believes that hard work can and often will outperform lazy, albeit naturally talented coworkers. However, one cannot simply improve at chess if he mindlessly plays the game the same way - over and over again. One must evolve, pay attention, correct mistakes, and grow tactically, which is why I believe it was a mistake for him not to have taken an AM role at City, AV, Arsenal, or Leverkusen, for example. He wanted to be the big man too soon, and now his ego will prevent him from taking a step back and relearning tactics as the #2 guy.

He is a great motivator, has the respect of the squad, and handles pressers quite well. These are important traits too, but tactically he is clearly inferior, and that is why we struggle so much. Has nothing to do with Raphinha, Lewandowski, or Ferran being inferior players. They are weapons, and Xavi doesn’t know how to use them.

Didn’t help much that our entire backroom staff is here because of nepotism. That sucks.

We could have brought in anyone, and I guarantee you, under Xavi, he would have underperformed. Well, Messi would have killed it, but he’s an alien. :lol:
I agree with you, the problem is that he doesnt seem to understand his own tactics and how players fit into them.
He signed mostly associative attackers without 1v1 qualities when his system has shown from the start that the main attacking situations it produces is 1v1s on the touchline.

Ferran, Raphinha and Roque are not going to succeed under him. They need a more flexible coach.

His inability to adapt is a problem, and the even bigger problem is he did not understand the profiles of the players he was buying, or he doesn't understand his own tactics, neither of which are very good. Dembele and Yamal share a similar role in that both of them thrive in these isolated 1v1 situations and that's why they both showed very good performance in this system. If he had understood that he needed these type of wingers for his system rather than signing associative ones his project may have lasted longer.

In any case, he won't be able to succeed in the future at other clubs with such a weak tactical understanding and flexibility. He mainly had some success here because he commanded respect and authority due to his reputation as a player but that wont carry over for long at other clubs.

khaled_a_d

Those were for past season, now we are a hair below 500.

But it isn't wage, it is costs. It includes amortization of a player salary. That is very common mistake in Spain, for example Frenkie salary (including deferred wage) is around 25M or so, but if you add amortised cost then it pushes 37M which is widely reported. It is his cost on salary cap and FFP not what the player earns.

I will never get how Liga has the authority to know club spending in other sectors.
Seems like 505M includs all sporting wages.

Home of Barca Fans