Champions League 23/24

Who will win CL this season?

• Total voters

Porque

I will never get how Liga has the authority to know club spending in other sectors.
Seems like 505M includs all sporting wages.

Presumebly it benefits us as we signed incomes deals signed with other sections.

If not, we should take it to the socios to run other sections independently (mostly thinking of Basketball but potentially women's football) and then see if we can bring 51/49 ownership models into them.

Atleast that way we could gradually break the idea of bringing that into the football section, while also immediately aiding salary cap expenses.

delancey

I agree with you, the problem is that he doesnt seem to understand his own tactics and how players fit into them.
He signed mostly associative attackers without 1v1 qualities when his system has shown from the start that the main attacking situations it produces is 1v1s on the touchline.

Ferran, Raphinha and Roque are not going to succeed under him. They need a more flexible coach.

His inability to adapt is a problem, and the even bigger problem is he did not understand the profiles of the players he was buying, or he doesn't understand his own tactics, neither of which are very good. Dembele and Yamal share a similar role in that both of them thrive in these isolated 1v1 situations and that's why they both showed very good performance in this system. If he had understood that he needed these type of wingers for his system rather than signing associative ones his project may have lasted longer.

In any case, he won't be able to succeed in the future at other clubs with such a weak tactical understanding and flexibility. He mainly had some success here because he commanded respect and authority due to his reputation as a player but that wont carry over for long at other clubs.
Seems we agree 👍

El Gato

Villarato!
Mostly work. Made some changed and took on a big project.

I barely followed football during the last few years, still catching up with names.
Gotcha, good to hear

BTW you'll get to see what the deal is with Birdy. Some folks haven't aged well

Marshall D Teach

Looking at our lineup, it's honestly not underperforming the same way Messi & co used to underperform in the CL.

Those guys underperformed. These guys just aren't good enough and are probably overperforming tbh.

ajnotkeith

Feels like we are watching a photocopy of 22/23 Barca again.
I think going back to this tactic is Xavi's "last roll of the dice".

KingLeo10

Horatio is barking, but these guys are 10th, they aren't good this season, we should be winning easily.
We are outplaying them and fluffing chances. Agendas create an interesting bias - you were campaigning for this nuance with Inzaghi yesterday but are totally ignoring it today, and I guess you could say the opposite about me :lol:

Marshall D Teach

Imagine playing in the CL and your forwards are a million year old Lewandowski and some literal whos like Guiu or whatever their names are.

The saddest part is they seriously don't look much worse than Messi, Busi and co did in these CL games :lol:

Home of Barca Fans