Champions League Final 2009: FC Barcelona vs ManUtd: Champions of Europe!

TheMessiShow

I actually saw an interview when he explained it, the hitting arm thing is a symbol called "Sangre de mi Padre", he was basically paying homage to his father by scoring the goal, kind of like lampard kisses his finger and points them to the sky when he scores in memory of his mum.

Okay thank you.

I now feel like a jerk for saying that :(
SORRRRRRY SAMUEL!!!!!!
Please forgive me!
Please don't leave me!

The opening ceremony I actually missed sadly. I was at school and I had to ditch to watch the game :) totally worth it.
I think the reason for waving the boot is the just publicity.
Messi is the first player to wear that new version of the Adidas Tunits (i'm not sure what the technical name is) in a professional match. He probably made like 10 million off waving his boot around

Last edited:

MJ BarcaFan

So you'd be happy for madridistas to celebrate a league title at canaletes? They have the whole of madrid city to celebrate. They chose cibeles because of what it symbolises. They should have shown respect. Not respect for madrid, but respect for what fcb stands for. Its a bitch move.

I do think that Spain is no longer under Franco regime so it's a free country. And people have every right to a Freedom of Assembly. And Madrid fans can also come celebrate at Canaletes, sure, why not?! However, there may not be enough Madrid fans in Barcelona so the question does not arise.

Irish_Cules

Yep congrats Pep you outsmarted one of the greatest managers of all time.

Fergie relied heavily on Queiroz for tactical advice. It's no coincidence that Utd have improved greatly in Europe over the last few years since Queiroz was there. If Quieroz was still at Utd I doubt they would have got their tactics so wrong in Rome.

B

blueduck

Fergie relied heavily on Queiroz for tactical advice. It's no coincidence that Utd have improved greatly in Europe over the last few years since Queiroz was there. If Quieroz was still at Utd I doubt they would have got their tactics so wrong in Rome.

If that was the case, how come he's doing so crap for Portugal?

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
Yeah I've been wondering what's happening there. Are Portugal playing tonight I think they might be.

Last edited:

beef-supreme

Yeah I've been wondering what's happening there. Are Portugal playing tonight I think they might be.

Nope, next match would be in September. They're currently third in the group, level on 9 points with Sweden, 4 behind Hungary and 7 behind Denmark. Albania and Malta though are out of the running, so for now it's just a 4 horse race.

Home of Barca Fans