Champions League Final 2009: FC Barcelona vs ManUtd: Champions of Europe!

F

FCB_Titi_LB

Ruud van nistelrooy on final (pre):
"Tonight Barcelona and Manchester get their turn.
I am supporting my former Manchester teammates. I think Barcelona need to have a special night to win the Champions League. They cannot beat Manchester if they don’t play their best football. I think Manchester is the favorite."

MJ BarcaFan

It seems Guti prefers to think that there are no Barca fans in Madrid... so where else would Barca fans based in Madrid will celebrate then? It's not as if Cibeles plaza is patented by Madridistas or something :thumbdown:

maz

I walk the line
So you'd be happy for madridistas to celebrate a league title at canaletes? They have the whole of madrid city to celebrate. They chose cibeles because of what it symbolises. They should have shown respect. Not respect for madrid, but respect for what fcb stands for. Its a bitch move.

beef-supreme

So you'd be happy for madridistas to celebrate a league title at canaletes? They have the whole of madrid city to celebrate. They chose cibeles because of what it symbolises. They should have shown respect. Not respect for madrid, but respect for what fcb stands for. Its a bitch move.

+1
Tbh it's not a question of respecting Madrid. Culés aren't obliged to respect Madrid, but they are obliged to maintain the image of FC Barcelona as one of the most noble sporting clubs. This is one occasion that can contaminate the club as a whole with hypocrisy - of course another one would be the Uzbek issue, which obviously is an entirely different matter. But in any case, while we may gloat on the inside all we want, it's important to maintain respect on the outside. :pep: is perfect for the club, the ever-humble and modest idol. It's natural to have a dig at our rivals every now and then, because that's what rivalry is all about. Even Eto'o's "Madrid, cabron" was somewhat acceptable - especially as a catharsis for the pressures built up during that particular season. But to chant it when Barcelona are far from mathematically winning the title, for example, is already big-headed. Look at the way Chelsea are perceived worldwide because of their death threats, their behaviour before and after matches... Sometimes there are no-go zones, and perhaps what happened was one of them.

barca7788

Nepali Cule
i dont know anything about both the places maz described. but i dont know why the fans at madrid cant celebrate there unless we do anything that insults it.

maz

I walk the line
Canaletes and cibeles are the two shrines of fcb and madrid respectively where trophy wins are celebrated. Its like madrid driving their victory parade bus down Les Corts (the road the Camp Nou is on).

beef-supreme

Canaletes and cibeles are the two shrines of fcb and madrid respectively where trophy wins are celebrated. Its like madrid driving their victory parade bus down Les Corts (the road the Camp Nou is on).

I'm not sure it would work out too well for them. I could imagine a few pig heads flying about...

G

gibxtreme

ManU will miss Fletcher in the midfield, and if Iniesta and Henry play witch is very important as Iniesta would play side by side with Xavi we will win this game will be won by the midfield. I'm off to Rome in a couple hours:hehe

Haha i'm back with a big smile, was i wrong? Exactly what i thought, by the way Rome fans supported us all the way.

G

gibxtreme

Another thing i have to mention is that the support given by the Barca fans was incredible, i have been to countless games including CL finals and Spanish cup finals never have i seen such support by our guys. It was absolutely out of this world far superior to the Man U fans and that is not easy. Keep it up guys!!!! will provide some videos later on.

maz

I walk the line
Support for the club this season seemed to be phenominal. Look forward to the videos! You did all culés proud.

PaulFCB

Banned
Man UTD fans never impressed me lately. I wonder how many fell asleep on Old Trafford these last seasons...

I saw videos with them at away games in Europe and they looked more like arrogant gits. In 2004 we made fun of them when they came to Bucharest cause there were some City fans that came to them in shirts and while drinking the cheapest beer they're replica was song "Where the fuck did you hear about Man City?" Response was "Well, Man City is a team that has fans all over the world" and they kinda had no response.

Labinn

Man on fire!
How many metres did Barca players run in the final of Champions League in Rome:

Xavi-11,37 km
Iniesta-10,02 km
Buskets-9,89 km
Puyol-9,24 km
Messi-9,24 km
Sylvinho-9,21 km
Pique-9,11 km
Toure-8,77 km
Eto'o-8,18 km
Henry-7,14 km
Valdes-5,47 km

E

Esteve

Interesting to see Henry did less running than his outfield teammates :hmmm: Interesting, not surprising. He was definitely far from being 100% fit.

Home of Barca Fans