Champions League Final 2009: FC Barcelona vs ManUtd: Champions of Europe!

Jaumet

All round Nice Guy
Valdes.. LOL! He must pace around heaps... Anyone seen Monty Python Soccer Sketch ? haha that what it reminds me about!

[YOUTUBE]92vV3QGagck[/YOUTUBE]

maz

I walk the line
While it's sunk in that we've won the treble, the meaning of the two nil victory over united still hasnt sunk in. The 'best team in the world'.."champions of england, champions of europe"...the team that everyone was saying would wipe the floor with us. We beat them two nil. We taught them a real big lesson. We did not go there and sit back. We showed them how football should be played. From when football first started, it was all about attacking. Imagine back to the early years of football. Before it became a professional sport. Im sure teams didnt defend defend defend and try to nick a goal. It was all about attacking. Thats what fcb represents. The true philosophy of football. To please the mutual fan. Not to grind out results and earn money from winning competitions. Thats why fcb is més que un club, as opposed to a business.

Ahhhhhhhhhh....

Bliss.

Juan03

While it's sunk in that we've won the treble, the meaning of the two nil victory over united still hasnt sunk in. The 'best team in the world'.."champions of england, champions of europe"...the team that everyone was saying would wipe the floor with us. We beat them two nil. We taught them a real big lesson. We did not go there and sit back. We showed them how football should be played. From when football first started, it was all about attacking. Imagine back to the early years of football. Before it became a professional sport. Im sure teams didnt defend defend defend and try to nick a goal. It was all about attacking. Thats what fcb represents. The true philosophy of football. To please the mutual fan. Not to grind out results and earn money from winning competitions. Thats why fcb is més que un club, as opposed to a business.

Ahhhhhhhhhh....

Bliss.

nice words

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
"I don't think you can say Barcelona are the best team. All you can say is that on Wednesday night, Barcelona were the better team."

Hehe, i know what he is trying to say but it sounds so childish and bad loserish :lol:
if we would have used it when Manchester had won, we would have been laughed at so just accept the defeat and Barcelona's record breaking treble team

edit: haha, it gets even sillier:
"However, having watched the game in Rome, he may decide that those players are not good enough to win the Champions League - and I think he might be right."

can he make up his mind now?

Last edited:

Thierry

some of us haven't gone anywhere...maybe half term/school holidays has given us/them the chance to have a holiday,or spend their time in a better way.

plus 2 good articles here,imo.
Andy Gray in "talking some sense" shocker

Hugh McIlvanney in The Times

yeah, I knew they would all leave sooner or later. and they only came because they were desperate to win against the "the best team in the world". I had always said to them, the Mancs and all of them Chelsea put together) we shall continue playing our football the best way we know how - no pressure -. just try beating us if you can.

but these Mancs are always exciting. he,hee.:D
Howdy Mr. Heath.?

one little thing though, despite Andrea Bocelli's outstanding performance of "done better than you on the night" things would have mellowed better had he performed the "Conte Patiro" little number just when you guys stepped up to receive your silvers. wouldn't you agree.? LoL.

Last edited:

maz

I walk the line
talking some sense??

"I don't think you can say Barcelona are the best team. All you can say is that on Wednesday night, Barcelona were the better team."

The guy does not watch fcb. Thats obvious from what he says. None of the english media do. On talksport they were talking about lower teams in the primera would fair in the premiership, teams like zaragoza (who are in the segunda). They also were talking about fcb players that play in completely different positions to the ones they were naming. And saying puyol has been poor at RB this season. The only game they watch fcb was the chelsea tie. So i dont understand where he can say that manchester united are the better team. I have watched both teams this season and because they play different ways it was hard to call a winner for the final. But surely the fact that fcb beat man utd two nil suggests that we are superior. The media are clinging on to the fact that their precious man utd is still the best team but, "on the night" were beaten by a better team. Its a shame.

Jason cundy (who is, and i have never used this word before in my life, a cunt) said that if fcb were in the epl they would get stopped by teams like stoke. So let me get this straight..we beat man utd 2-0, the team that finished top of the league and everyone was claiming had a better attack than anyone else in europe and also a better defence and thats why they'd beat fcb in the final, yet it would be teams like stoke that would stop us?

Having said all that, i'd love for the english media to continue underestimating us. It means that when we come up against english teams again, they will have the battle already won in their head. So when we hit them with the first goal they wont know what to do.

Galning

Let him say whatever he wants, we know we're the best, everyone knows we're the best..except for some English cunts with dogpoop in their eyes.

We have won the treble so who cares what that guy says??

Visca el Barça!!

Heath Newton

maybe i should've put some not total,cos there are a few lines that i don't agree with,but by and large,i think that paragraphs like this..

However, Barcelona were superior at both ends of the pitch. Yes, Xavi and Andres Iniesta were stunning in the middle but more importantly Barcelona were defensively better than United (and I didn't think I'd be saying that the day after the match) and at the top end of the pitch they had more creativity when it really mattered. That was the difference between the two sides.

don't exactly sound like he's in denial at all to me.

and is this wildly far from the truth?...
Barcelona have good players all over the pitch, but in all honesty I can only think of three that were exceptional. That would include Gerard Pique, ironically, who made two or three exceptional blocks. I would also mention Xavi and Iniesta, who was man of the match by a distance.

I felt Thierry Henry was ordinary, I thought Samuel Eto'o was ordinary despite his goal, and I even thought Lionel Messi was just okay. Barca did not have a huge number of exceptional performers.
are those truly outlandish statements? :unsure:
(i think he missed out puyol as an exceptional performer tbh)

ignore talksport maz...it's the radio equivalent of Fox News,just and only provocative,yet strangely hypnotic as a result of some of the unbelievable stuff they trot out.

Home of Barca Fans