Champions League

RF20

Banned
Seems like city are better experts then. Only 1 PL won, and this one looks to be going City?s way as well

How much did City spend again? They're supposed to be better than us(and they are in the league format).

Hope your genius ex coach Pep finally wins them a CL. Or wait, would he need another billion?😂

KingLeo10

This RF20 rodent is so blatantly an anti-Barca (club, ex-players, ex-manager) troll that it's hard to disguise it as anything but :lol:

ajnotkeith

Liverpool not been all that great last few.

West Ham missed sitters v them at weekend.

Finding ways to win but other than most wide open Leeds team will ever see they have not been battering sides.

Feels like City, Liverpool, Bayern, Real, PSG etc none of them been flying lately.

Tbh feels like another Bayern year. On current form feel that they beat any other team but form can drastically change along with injuries etc so any one of those could be the favourite soon.

Liverpool looked super vulnerable against Inter and for sure Bayern would have beat them today.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Barcelona just had their best era ever, their golden period. And are still behind clubs like Bayern, Liverpool, Milan.

Because pre 2000s Barca was a hipsters circlejerk. Bayern are a bigger club whether you like it or not. So calm down a little. 😂

Hope you lot win the Europa. Best of luck for that.

Bigger club in terms of what? CL trophies sure, but that is hardly the yardstick anymore. Anybody claiming Milan is bigger than the other other clubs other than Madrid?

KingLeo10

Bigger club in terms of what? CL trophies sure, but that is hardly the yardstick anymore. Anybody claiming Milan is bigger than the other other clubs other than Madrid?

The hierarchy based on the combination of CLs/European Cups, league titles, Ballon D'Or winning players (proxy indicator for number of legends) probably looks something like this:

1) RM
2) Barca, Bayern
3) Liverpool, Milan, Manchester United
4) Juventus, Inter, Ajax

But this forum these days is a cesspool of anti-Barca trolls. Don't bother. That rodent's "club" (fully convinced he's actually Rassvet and a fan of anyone but Barca) won it's first league title in 30 years and he's out here thumping his chest :lol:

Horatio

You're welcome
Dunno...Rassvet knows too little about footbal history to talk like RF20. Discussions that Ras partakes in are subjects that don't go back further than year. Argentina(won Copa), Lewa missing out on Balon Dor, Messi playing at PSG, Braith should return and play.

Of course can never be sure if it is not him.

soul24rage

The hierarchy based on the combination of CLs/European Cups, league titles, Ballon D'Or winning players (proxy indicator for number of legends) probably looks something like this:

1) RM
2) Barca, Bayern
3) Liverpool, Milan, Manchester United
4) Juventus, Inter, Ajax

But this forum these days is a cesspool of anti-Barca trolls. Don't bother. That rodent's "club" (fully convinced he's actually Rassvet and a fan of anyone but Barca) won it's first league title in 30 years and he's out here thumping his chest :lol:

I would move AC Milan to tier 2, but other than that the list looks spot on.

RF20

Banned

Trophies, consistency, relevance amongst other things.

Milan don't dominate Italy so that hinders them.

Barcelona have lots of "fans" on social media because their golden era coincided with the rise of social media globally.

But remember that is as virtual as it gets. Don't forget that a chunk of your former "fanbase" migrated to PSG along with Messi so that's hardly the most serious metric.

Bayern are right up there in terms of relevance year in year out. Only Real Madrid are bigger than them.

Also Bayern's fanbase size is underestimated on these forums. Bayern are massive in the highly populated and influential markets of United States, China, etc. They have the most fanclubs in the world, I read somewhere.

Barcelona's legacy as of now is too player reliant to overtake Bayern. Barca's global status skyrocketed due to Ronaldinho and Messi.

Now the next decade will be defining in terms of your status.

I'm not biased here. Even as a Liverpool fan and more UCLs than you, I concede Barca in 2022 are "bigger" than us.
But definitely not Bayern.

Hope I could explain myself well.

Last edited:

Rassvet

Lol Kingleo can't accept the fact that I want nothing to do with him so he has to cope by convincing himself that I'm still talking to him from a different account.

Rassvet

Dunno...Rassvet knows too little about footbal history to talk like RF20. Discussions that Ras partakes in are subjects that don't go back further than year. Argentina(won Copa), Lewa missing out on Balon Dor, Messi playing at PSG, Braith should return and play.

Of course can never be sure if it is not him.

Oh dear. My knowledge of football history is actually quite solid but you're right that I usually don't get too deep into it in my postings on here.

KingLeo10

Trophies, consistency, relevance.

Milan don't dominate Italy so that hinders them.

Barcelona have lots of "fans" on social media because their golden era coincided with the rise of social media globally.

But remember that is as virtual as it gets. Don't forget that a chunk of your former "fanbase" migrated to PSG along with Messi so that's hardly the most serious metric.

Bayern are right up there in terms of relevance year in year out. Only Real Madrid are bigger than them.

Also Bayern's fanbase size is underestimated on these forums. Bayern are massive in the United States, China, etc. They have the most fanclubs in the world, I read somewhere.

Barcelona's legacy is too player reliant to overtake Bayern. Barca's global status skyrocketed due to Ronaldinho and Messi.

Now the next decade will be defining in terms of your status.

I'm not biased. Even as a Liverpool fan and more UCLs than you, I concede Barca in 2022 are "bigger" than us.
But definitely not Bayern.

Hope I could explain myself well.

Barca had the likes of Cruyff, Maradona, Romario, Laudrup, R9, Rivaldo playing for us long before R10 and Messi came around.

Barca has side in contention, in most people's eyes, as a top 3 club side assembled (along with Ajax 1970-73 and Milan 88-90). RM 1950s also deserve a mention but their competition was not the best. RM 2014-2018 were very impressive in the CL but only won the league 1 out of 4 times. Also didn't have a revolutionary playing style. Pool's 4 European cups in 10 years is within shout, I'd definitely agree but your playing style was not iconic/revolutionary in general football consensus (i.e., it's not talked about as such).

Barca has 5 european doubles (CL and LL same year). Every time we win the CL, we do it dominantly. Bayern finished 10th in league during one of their european cup wins. Also, had to play a rematch against AM for their 1974 cup.

Still I respect Bayern for their historical contributions to football, having them in the same tier as Barca. But no chance they're above, like say RM are.

KingLeo10

Lol Kingleo can't accept the fact that I want nothing to do with him so he has to cope by convincing himself that I'm still talking to him from a different account.

He has the exact same opinions as you on virtually every single topic (not Messi. But on Pool, Bayern, Lewandowski etc etc). I find it hard to believe it's not you, and so do many others.

topt

Tbh feels like another Bayern year. On current form feel that they beat any other team but form can drastically change along with injuries etc so any one of those could be the favourite soon.

Liverpool looked super vulnerable against Inter and for sure Bayern would have beat them today.

sadly I have to disagree here, in current form I dont think we can beat City or Pool, our defence has way to many holes

Home of Barca Fans