Champions League

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
BuLi is a pretty garbage league in terms of competitiveness. Similar to Ligue 1, although at least Ligue 1 had Monaco and Nice winning the league.

Bayern are also the only team keeping German teams relevant in European Competitions as the others keep going out to worse sides like clowns every year.

Last edited:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
How much did City spend again? They're supposed to be better than us(and they are in the league format).

Hope your genius ex coach Pep finally wins them a CL. Or wait, would he need another billion?😂

Pep won't win the CL as overthinks it in big games. Still dominates the mighty EPL with ease. Too much salt in your post

RF20

Banned
Pep won't win the CL as overthinks it in big games. Still dominates the mighty EPL with ease. Too much salt in your post

Salt? I literally admitted they're better in the league than us.

Overthinking and bottling big games are a major flaw in a manager.

You just can't deal with the harsh truth.

Imagine how Pep would cope if Klopp had anywhere close to the money he gets to spend every window. 😂

KingLeo10

Salt? I literally admitted they're better in the league than us.

Overthinking and bottling big games are a major flaw in a manager.

You just can't deal with the harsh truth.

Imagine how Pep would cope if Klopp had anywhere close to the money he gets to spend every window. ��

Klopp had to play cynical to beat the mighty Spurs in a CL final.

Pep destroyed a loaded United side (09) in a CL final and then clowned a weaker version of that side even harder in 2011.

Klopp is amazing but you're delusional if you don't think they are in the same tier as managers. With Pep marginally superior as it stands, unless Klopp manages a couple more leagues or another CL.

RF20

Banned
Klopp had to play cynical to beat the mighty Spurs in a CL final.

Irrelevant. Stopped reading after this.

Only dumb wannabe Football purists give a fuck about the style of play in a CL final.

No wonder your rival club has more than twice as many CL trophies as you. Smart priorities. 😂

Birdy

[MENTION=19457]KingLeo10[/MENTION]

Just curious how old are you?
It seems that the Pep era was very formative for your perception of the sport.
Which is good in that it gave you high standards, but also bad in that you blew some things out of proportion

KingLeo10

Irrelevant. Stopped reading after this.

Only dumb wannabe Football purists give a fuck about the style of play in a CL final.

No wonder your rival club has more than twice as many CL trophies as you. Smart priorities. ��

Even without factoring the style of play, Pep has 2 CLs to 1 CL (same number of finals), far more league titles in tough leagues (3 LL, 3-4 EPL compared to 2 Bundesliga, 1-2 EPL).

It's about the trophy count and trophy count only, no? :mou: Cope.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

[MENTION=19457]KingLeo10[/MENTION]

Just curious how old are you?
It seems that the Pep era was very formative for your perception of the sport.
Which is good in that it gave you high standards, but also bad in that you blew some things out of proportion

Late 20s. I began watching Barca during the Rijkaard era, mainly because of R10 and to a lesser extent Eto'o and a young Messi.

My favorite iteration of Barca is actually that stretch from Jan 2015 to Nov 2015 where Lucho's Barca destroyed every top team in Europe, with a hybrid of possession and counter-attack.

So, no I'm not a Pep purist by any means (and among his teams, the 08-09 one is my favorite). I don't think it's outlandish to consider Pep and Klopp in the same tier, with Pep having a marginally superior historical standing.

RF20

Banned
Haven't watched much of RM lately.

Can anyone tell me what kind of formation, starting line up and tactics can be expected today?

Rate their chances in percentage. 60/40 for PSG??

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Late 20s. I began watching Barca during the Rijkaard era, mainly because of R10 and to a lesser extent Eto'o and a young Messi.

My favorite iteration of Barca is actually that stretch from Jan 2015 to Nov 2015 where Lucho's Barca destroyed every top team in Europe, with a hybrid of possession and counter-attack.

So, no I'm not a Pep purist by any means (and among his teams, the 08-09 one is my favorite). I don't think it's outlandish to consider Pep and Klopp in the same tier, with Pep having a marginally superior historical standing.

I rate our Pep also over Klopp but we have to consider Klopp chose teams of second class (Dortmund, Liverpool ( before Klopp was there) while Pep always took the best teams (Barca, Bayern, City) - Well barca was not in a good state before pep has come but the talent of the players was already clear (Euro win 2008 + a guy who could run in speed light with the ball). In terms of leagues Pep is superior but for KO stage matches i would choose Kloppo.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Can anyone tell me what kind of formation, starting line up and tactics can be expected today?

I think we will see MKV in midfield and VBA in offense. Favourite is imo Real, they are better in form now.

serghei

Pep is above Klopp for one thing only. Creating a football team that is of legendary quality. That's something maybe 2-3 managers achieve in history.

gregorrin10

nothing really changed, Ancelotti is intent on not only sticking with the 4-3-3, but also with the same MCK midfield. I think PSG will punish them for this, Verratti will once again own that midfield. Asensio or Rodrygo (probably Asensio) to play up front alongside Vini and Benzema. Militao and Alaba as center backs.

Home of Barca Fans