Champions League

Rassvet

City and Liverpool are better than Bayern. Maybe Bayern having a less taxing domestic run in could even it out though.

Alphonso Davies and Goretzka returning whenever that happens would also help a lot.

RF20

Banned
Barca had the likes of Cruyff, Maradona, Romario, Laudrup, R9, Rivaldo playing for us long before R10 and Messi came around.

Barca has side in contention, in most people's eyes, as a top 3 club side assembled (along with Ajax 1970-73 and Milan 88-90). RM 1950s also deserve a mention but their competition was not the best. RM 2014-2018 were very impressive in the CL but only won the league 1 out of 4 times. Also didn't have a revolutionary playing style. Pool's 4 European cups in 10 years is within shout, I'd definitely agree but your playing style was not iconic/revolutionary in general football consensus (i.e., it's not talked about as such).

Barca has 5 european doubles (CL and LL same year). Every time we win the CL, we do it dominantly. Bayern finished 10th in league during one of their european cup wins. Also, had to play a rematch against AM for their 1974 cup.

Still I respect Bayern for their historical contributions to football, having them in the same tier as Barca. But no chance they're above, like say RM are.

People dont associate R9 and Maradona with Barca enough. Their biggest legacy deeds lie elsewhere.

Ofcourse Barca, just like any other big clubs, had legends before. But Dinho and Leo put you on the map globally as a contender for biggest club in the world.

You talk about Barca's defined playing style.
Bayern have it too. People associate Bayern with typical German efficiency, ruthlessness that very few clubs possess. Bayern are known to be the perfect mix of technical AND physical superiority.

You talk about doubles. But those things aren't strangers to Bayern either.

Also, Bayern created their domestic dominance in an organic way without splashing much cash around. A pretty organic and romantic club too.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

People dont associate R9 and Maradona with Barca enough. Their biggest legacy deeds lie elsewhere.

Ofcourse Barca, just like any other big clubs, had legends before. But Dinho and Leo put you on the map globally as a contender for biggest club in the world.

You talk about Barca's defined playing style.
Bayern have it too. People associate Bayern with typical German efficiency, ruthlessness that very few clubs possess. Bayern are known to be the perfect mix of technical AND physical superiority.

You talk about doubles. But those things aren't strangers to Bayern either.

Weak arguments. Show me those articles and polls by the general footballing world on any of Bayern's sides being talked about as Barca's best sides.

Bayern no strangers to doubles...so they won some (not all)...and against Dortmund, and not Real fucking Madrid like we did :lol:

1 LL is worth like 10 Bundesligas, because each and every time we have to beat RM. Don't be delusional about the strength of domestic competition :lol:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Trophies, consistency, relevance amongst other things.

Milan don't dominate Italy so that hinders them.

Barcelona have lots of "fans" on social media because their golden era coincided with the rise of social media globally.

But remember that is as virtual as it gets. Don't forget that a chunk of your former "fanbase" migrated to PSG along with Messi so that's hardly the most serious metric.

Bayern are right up there in terms of relevance year in year out. Only Real Madrid are bigger than them.

Also Bayern's fanbase size is underestimated on these forums. Bayern are massive in the highly populated and influential markets of United States, China, etc. They have the most fanclubs in the world, I read somewhere.

Barcelona's legacy as of now is too player reliant to overtake Bayern. Barca's global status skyrocketed due to Ronaldinho and Messi.

Now the next decade will be defining in terms of your status.

I'm not biased. Even as a Liverpool fan and more UCLs than you, I concede Barca in 2022 are "bigger" than us.
But definitely not Bayern.

Hope I could explain myself well.

I appreciate your answer, but:

A chunk of Barca fans migrated to PSG? Really? How did you know and quantify that? Because PSG had all of sudden more followers? That doesn’t mean those are Barca fans (many are simply Messi and ARG fans that were never Barca fans), and the Barca fans that started following PSG because of Messi, are not becoming PSG fans overnight; I’d argue most of them are still Barca fans.

I don’t agree that measuring the number of fans or supporters necessarily indicates the size of the club but for the sake of this discussion, yeah, Bayern has many fans but not as many as you think. I don’t know about how easy to create a fan club approved by Bayern, but to establish an officially recognized Barca penya is very hard, for example. Here in China, there are definitely less Bayern fans than Madrid, Barca, United and perhaps some other EPL clubs as their activities are always dwarfed by the others, you can tell. Former Bayern official Wacker once claimed there are 90 million Chinese Bayern fans and got ridiculed so bad, there are not even that many football fans in China altogether.

Bayern has no true domestic rival, that’s why they have always had the spotlight. Of course, they have been great in the last decade or so.

RF20

Banned
Weak arguments. Show me those articles and polls by the general footballing world on any of Bayern's sides being talked about as Barca's best sides.

Bayern no strangers to doubles...so they won some (not all)...and against Dortmund, and not Real fucking Madrid like we did :lol:

That's another reason right there.

Bayern don't need to cry about caveats(Real Madrid) like Barca do.

Half your arguments are sucking your biggest rivals off. Much like half your fanbase is that of a single player.

Get better retorts buddy.😂

KingLeo10

That's another reason right there.

Bayern don't need to cry about caveats(Real Madrid) like Barca do.

Half your arguments are sucking your biggest rivals off. Much like half your fanbase is that of a single player.

Get better retorts buddy.��

Giving RM props despite being rivals is called being objective.

Meanwhile, you're a shameless troll who pretends to support Pool but twerks for Ronaldo (United legend) and stans for Bayern and Lewa more than your own supposed club.

Pipe down. Your biggest player is Stevie G and it might be another 30 years before you see another league title (if truly a Pool fan) :lol:

RF20

Banned
I appreciate your answer, but:

A chunk of Barca fans migrated to PSG? Really? How did you know and quantify that? Because PSG had all of sudden more followers? That doesn?t mean those are Barca fans (many are simply Messi and ARG fans that were never Barca fans), and the Barca fans that started following PSG because of Messi, are not becoming PSG fans overnight; I?d argue most of them are still Barca fans.

I don?t agree that measuring the number of fans or supporters necessarily indicates the size of the club but for the sake of this discussion, yeah, Bayern has many fans but not as many as you think. I don?t know about how easy to create a fan club approved by Bayern, but to establish an officially recognized Barca penya is very hard, for example. Here in China, there are definitely less Bayern fans than Madrid, Barca, United and perhaps some other EPL clubs as their activities are always dwarfed by the others, you can tell. Former Bayern official Wacker once claimed there are 90 million Chinese Bayern fans and got ridiculed so bad, there are not even that many football fans in China altogether.

Bayern has no true domestic rival, that?s why they have always had the spotlight. Of course, they have been great in the last decade or so.

I'll leave it at that. Some of your points do have merit. But I believe the same with some of my points. It's a debateable topic anyways.

Birdy

The hierarchy based on the combination of CLs/European Cups, league titles, Ballon D'Or winning players (proxy indicator for number of legends) probably looks something like this:

1) RM
2) Barca, Bayern
3) Liverpool, Milan, Manchester United
4) Juventus, Inter, Ajax

But this forum these days is a cesspool of anti-Barca trolls. Don't bother. That rodent's "club" (fully convinced he's actually Rassvet and a fan of anyone but Barca) won it's first league title in 30 years and he's out here thumping his chest :lol:

You are being disingenuous to Liverpool historically, and generous to Utd historically.
Are you a UTD fan in England, or what?

The correct placement is:
1) RM
2) Barca, Bayern, Liverpool, Milan
3) Manchester United, Juventus, Inter, Ajax

RF20

Banned
Giving RM props despite being rivals is called being objective.

Meanwhile, you're a shameless troll who pretends to support Pool but twerks for Ronaldo (United legend) and stans for Bayern and Lewa more than your own supposed club.

Pipe down. Your biggest player is Stevie G and it might be another 30 years before you see another league title (if truly a Pool fan) :lol:

Ooo you're hard!

I can see why people on this forum ridicule you despite you being "one of their own" top Culer. 😂

Cuck.

KingLeo10

You are being disingenuous to Liverpool historically, and generous to Utd historically.
Are you a UTD fan in England, or what?

The correct placement is:
1) RM
2) Barca, Bayern, Liverpool, Milan
3) Manchester United, Juventus, Inter, Ajax

Honestly, Milan was a tough one. In terms of their contribution to football history, they are absolutely in the same bracket as Barca and Bayern. But they also have such a fall from grace that were basically not even competing in CL for this past decade or so (in an era of 3-4 CL spots per country). That's a very low low, but I have no problem with them being same tier still.

Liverpool is better than United historically but United (until City's recent dominance) were synonymous with the EPL. And instrumental to setting up the EPL's now dominance. IMO, they are similar tier as Pool. Pool would be Barca, Bayern, and (Milan) tier if they didn't have almost 30 years without a league. That's a really low low as well.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
One advantage Bayern enjoys is that those “Germanophile” football or soccer fans mostly became bayern fans as bayern is the strongest and best out of all the Buli teams, at least that is the case in China. You don’t have that for the other countries/leagues.

KingLeo10

Ooo you're hard!

I can see why people on this forum ridicule you despite you being "one of their own" top Culer. ��

Cuck.

This lad is probably peeping through some window in Germany while Lewa works out (only Fati's obssession with CR7's hair tops your obsession with Lewa's physique), and is out there trying to get one over others.

Simmer down :lol:

topt

1 LL is worth like 10 Bundesligas, because each and every time we have to beat RM. Don't be delusional about the strength of domestic competition :lol:

Oh my God

gregorrin10

I'm so confused Why the f* didn't Inzaghi play Dzeko instead of Sanchez today? Was he not fit? Why be on the bench then? Literally cost them the tie. Liverpool were really underwhelming tonight and were absolutely there for the taking. And I bet you Dzeko would've taken a chance from those Calhanoglu crosses already, or at least not get sent off like Sanchez did, which cost them the tie from that point forward. Not to mention Lautaro would've had a better performance as well, since he always plays better off a big man beside him, that's why him and Dzeko together are still really good, Dzeko has been a low cost Lukaku for them basically this whole season in the league. Was surprised when he didn't start, then kept waiting for him to be subbed on. Even more confused when he was subbing in the likes of Darmian and Correa and then just when I thought at least the last sub to be him and for Inter to really go all out, he goes and brings in Vecino instead while leaving Dzeko on the bench for the whole game. :lol:

And I bet you he'll put him right back in the starting lineup in the league where Dzeko is scoring every other game and is a regular starter for them. What a disaster class from Inzaghi tonight, seriously.

Home of Barca Fans