CL quarters: Barca - PSG 2-0 (5-1 agg.)

EdmondDantes

It's no formality with the players they have, they are one of the strongest teams in Europe and have been doing well in the CL for the past 3 seasons. I sense we'll edge them, but it's gonna be a tough tie.

It's no formality with the players they have, they are one of the strongest teams in Europe and have been doing well in the CL for the past 3 seasons. I sense we'll edge them, but it's gonna be a tough tie.

I don't doubt it will be tough but if we turn it on like we are capable of , theres only one winner here.

L

linetty

So... What do we do so our midfield isn't shit? Because MSN won't bail us out every time without at least a remotely solid midfield behind them. Should we play with 4 in the middle? Suarez is useless most of the time any way.

Mido

[formation=yellow,6]
Ter Stegen
0-Piqué-0-0-0-Mathieu-0
Adriano-0-0-Mascherano-0-0-Alba
0-0-Busquets-0-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-Xavi-0-0
0-Messi-0-0-0-0-0
Suarez-0-0-0-0-0-Neymar
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
[/formation]

CatalinR10

If there's something positive after last night's game :

- Neymar regained his form

- we have no important injured players

- we are still on the 1'st spot

- lucho will probably learn not to fuck up next games

- we go to face PSG with them having vital players missing

G

Gasgas

I agree with Mido :amazed:
Ter stegen
Allves pique. Mathieu. Alba
Mascherano
Busquets
Xavi
Messi. Suarez. Neymar

Bench all underperformers in midfield who says we must play 4-3-3
We even won a classic after busquets came to help masche stabilze the midfield

Egert

Estonian Culé
Masche-Busi should be in midfield in big matches. That's how it should be, Iniesta has been crap for the whole season and Raki has also been crap in last games.

Mido

Quite frankly, I don't blame Enrique at all for the draw. I had the feeling that Sevilla was above us mentally. Neymar hardly defends.

Let's not forgert that Sevilla made us pay two mistakes we made.

I am quite confident that the team will show a new face against Paris.

cris29

Perhaps we can push Busquets to the middle and Masch as DM? It would offer some creative spark atleast, but it would be huge risk to gamble with it in a CL quarter final. Sad that our midfield decisions are basically "the least worst case".

Alves is suspended right? I don't want Adriano, as i dont trust his positioning versus pacey players.

Mido

If Enrique got some guts :

[formation=barca,6]
Ter Stegn
Piqué-0-0-Mascherano-0-0-Mathieu
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-0-0-Busquets-0-0-0
0-Rakitic-0-0-0-0-Xavi-0
0-0-0-Iniesta-0-0-0
Messi-0-0-0-0-0-Neymar
0-0-0-Suarez-0-0-0
[/formation]

Xavi + Iniesta = creativity

Rakitic + Busquets = security

Last edited:

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
No need to play three at the back in a difficult away game, even though they are missing many of their starters.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Bertus, if you were a PSG president, would you accept Neymar in exchange for Verratti+Marquinhos?
Not gonna happen, but just curious to hear a PSG fan and his view.

Home of Barca Fans