CL quarters: Barca - PSG 2-0 (5-1 agg.)

Bertus

Bertus, if you were a PSG president, would you accept Neymar in exchange for Verratti+Marquinhos?
Not gonna happen, but just curious to hear a PSG fan and his view.
Of course not.

Verratti is bound to be Italy best player if not already (not me saying it but the italian medias), and still getting better every years.

Marquinhos has eaten alive all competition amongs PSG Squad. Sol remains TS now for the top spot. And most french medias already think he's at least as good if not better because more consistent.

As Nasser said, they have no price tag, because since they didn't reach their highest potential yet, we can't know how much they really worth.

PSG as potentialy the future best DM/M, and the best CB in their squad.

And it's not only abouy potential, they are already ahead of everyone but TS in marquinhos case at PSG.

It's not to please their agents all the time btw, like Verratti's agent who complained a few weeks ago that PSG doesn't even want to discuss a price tag of 70M euros. Di Campli hates how there is no release clause in France. It means no club can do a takeover bid on PSG players as long as the club says No.

vlad

If Enrique got some guts :

[formation=barca,6]
Ter Stegn
Piqué-0-0-Mascherano-0-0-Mathieu
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-0-0-Busquets-0-0-0
0-Rakitic-0-0-0-0-Xavi-0
0-0-0-Iniesta-0-0-0
Messi-0-0-0-0-0-Neymar
0-0-0-Suarez-0-0-0
[/formation]

Xavi + Iniesta = creativity

Rakitic + Busquets = security

bad formation if you ask me

serghei

Marquinhos has eaten alive all competition amongs PSG Squad. Sol remains TS now for the top spot. And most french medias already think he's at least as good if not better because more consistent.

People act like Marquinhos was invented by PSG. He wasn't. Marquinhos was awesome since his Roma days, PSG was just smart enough to see that. I don't know what Barca was doing at the time, they needed a CB and insisted on Thiago Silva all summer when the player they should've went after was Marquinhos.

I've dug up one of my old comments on Marquinhos from 2013:

That's some kid. In 2 years, Marquinhos is gonna be better than Thiago Silva. He's 19 and he's a lot better than Bartra, who's 22. In fact, if we get Marquinhos, it will be the best thing Vilanova and Rosell have ever done for Barcelona.

I wouldn't trade Marquinhos and Verratti for Neymar either if I was PSG's president to be fair.

Bertus

People act like Marquinhos was invented by PSG. He wasn't. Marquinhos was awesome since his Roma days, PSG was just smart enough to see that. I don't know what Barca was doing at the time, they needed a CB and insisted on Thiago Silva all summer when the player they should've went after was Marquinhos.

I've dug up one of my old comments on Marquinhos from 2013:

I wouldn't trade Marquinhos and Verratti for Neymar either if I was PSG's president to be fair.
Well, true.

That was good Ol' Leonardo last gift to PSG.

Looking at it, 30-35M for Marquinhos was a bargain too.

At the time, on this very forum, many people thought it was way too much.

And now we have PSG rejecting colossal offers. And Blanc replying "What did the president say? He isn't for sale" when asked from foreign medias during Press meetings if PSG would consider offers of 75M and above :rofl1: .

F

Flavia

Well, true.

That was good Ol' Leonardo last gift to PSG.

Looking at it, 30-35M for Marquinhos was a bargain too.

At the time, on this very forum, many people thought it was way too much.

And now we have PSG rejecting colossal offers. And Blanc replying "What did the president say? He isn't for sale" when asked from foreign medias during Press meetings if PSG would consider offers of 75M and above :rofl1: .

Lack of vision from the likes of Zubi. Guys signs an injured Vermaelen, but didn't want to pay 30m for Marquinhos. Luckily for PSG, your president isn't like that.

Kohe321

Going through the timeline of missed opportunities and downright insane blunders in the transfermarket is just painful. But better times are coming this summer, so let's focus on something more positive, like how we're going to beat PSG on Wednesday! :hooray:

(Sorry Bertus!) :pep:

Last edited:

Jair Ventura

I wouldn't trade Neymar for Veratti + Marquinhos for the simple fact that they're both comparable talents to him on their own right. A package deal wouldn't be necessary, it'd be overkill. In fact, I'd go as far as to argue that Marquinhos is a better, more unique individual defensive talent than Neymar is an offensive. Marquinhos has no peers in his age group; literally no one but he can play both in the center or the right flank with sublime competence. But Depay, Lacazette, Anderson, and a handful of others can offer what Neymar does and more, at a cheaper price tag no less.

On top of all this, Paris already has 22 year old Lucas Moura, who in my opinion is a more polished player than Neymar in all but finishing.

Bertus

I think Lucas is better. Carried the club through the first half of the season.
Hard to compare. One is a winger/forward, the other is a DM/M.

I still think Verratti is more important. Winning the battle in midfield is very important if you want to win games.

Also, Verratti defending skills are through the roof. Sure he gets some yellow cards, but not much compared to what makes him a ruler of the midfield.

gatsu

Verratti is by quite a margin the best PSG player, he almost is the sole player in the remaining teams that have the skill and intelligence to shut down our pressing.
Without him PSG will completely change their approach, wednesday we will face a classic bus system.

Lucas is just a player with exceptional pace, we faced worse.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I wouldn't trade Neymar for Veratti + Marquinhos for the simple fact that they're both comparable talents to him on their own right. A package deal wouldn't be necessary, it'd be overkill. In fact, I'd go as far as to argue that Marquinhos is a better, more unique individual defensive talent than Neymar is an offensive. Marquinhos has no peers in his age group; literally no one but he can play both in the center or the right flank with sublime competence. But Depay, Lacazette, Anderson, and a handful of others can offer what Neymar does and more, at a cheaper price tag no less.

On top of all this, Paris already has 22 year old Lucas Moura, who in my opinion is a more polished player than Neymar in all but finishing.

Depay, Lacazette, Felipe Anderson or Lucas Moura are not better than Neymar. Nor better individual talents. Although out of those 4, I think Depay got the potential to be among the creme of the crop in the future.

All of those 4 players are yet to establish themselves at club and NT level while Neymar has done that at NT level and on his way of doing that at Club Level.

After Ronaldinho and Kaka went downhill, Brazil yearned for an offensive player to lead their attack and the guy who was hyped up to be that guy and went on to do that is Neymar. Not Lucas. And definitely not Felipe Anderson.

Home of Barca Fans