CL quarters: Barca - PSG 2-0 (5-1 agg.)

StarLord

Liverpool at least get decent fees for some of their players (Suarez, Torres), we don't. I don't think there's any club in top football that's as mismanaged as Barca is. Normally you buy low and sell high but we rather do the opposite.

Anyway, I hope we can come out with a victory on Wednesday. Or at least a draw that is not goalless.

When we sell players is when they are past their peak, or when we have someone better coming in (or transferred in) Under such circumstances, you cannot milk the buying club. Liverpool got really good money for Suarez and Torres because both of those players were in extremely high demand by all (or almost all) the rich clubs in Europe.

Oh, and why does a Barca fan have a picture of a rival player, in a rival club's shirt no less, as his avatar?

Mido

[formation=barca,6]
Ter Stegen
0-Piqué-0-0-0-Mathieu-0
Mascherano-0-0-0-0-0-Alba
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-0-0-Busquets-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-Messi-0-0-0-Xavi-0
Pedro-0-Suarez-0-0-0-Neymar
[/formation]

Mido

Unbalanced as hell.
It seems to be unbalanced without explanation I agree.

I believe that the Mascherano-Messi pair on the right side and the Alba-Xavi pair on the left side will tend to balance the attack and defense with the right instructions if you see what I mean.

Mascherano, if he ever plays there will certainly not have the samed tasks as Alba. The same applies for Messi and Xavi as central midfielders. With Barca attacking, it would more or less look like this :

----Mascherano-----Busquets----------
-----------------Xavi--------------------
-------------------------------------Alba
--------------Messi------Neymar-------
Pedro------------Suarez-----------------

This would totally overwhelm PSG's defense I believe.

Mascherano + Xavi + Busquets = control and defensive solidity

Pedro + MSN + Alba = speed , verticality and creativity

This would necessarily imply that Mascherano will have to work like a horse, but he can certainly do it, and with Xavi's control, he might not get overwhelmed in his defensive tasks.

Last edited:
L

linetty

Adriano can certainly not replace Alves. If he ever starts, expect different tactics from Luis Enrique. This is like comparing a Renault to an Audi.
Alves is suspended and Montoya is def. not playing against PSG so Adriano is a must. Unless we go with 3 at the back but I don't expect any suprises.

Mido

Alves is suspended and Montoya is def. not playing against PSG so Adriano is a must. Unless we go with 3 at the back but I don't expect any suprises.

I expect something similar to the 3-1 win against PSG where Barca put up a great performance. Adriano is a solid player but I can hardly see him do what Alves does.

Kohe321

We could try out Ter Stegen at RB, it seems he really wants to play there. :pep:

Kr5Lw8.gif

Mido

We could also notice that Mascherano didn't play against Sevilla. I suggest Enrique wants to have 100% fit and focused for the CL game --> Mascherano in the midfield ?

I don't believe PSG can answer anything Barca has to offer as long as the players and the trainer implement their strategy accordingly. PSG is an excellent "sparrings partner" to prepare for bigger games against Bayern.

I rate Barca's chances at 60-40. Laurent Blanc is a good but not a world-class trainer. Enrique is starting to become one.

L

linetty

Time to start putting Masch at CB in the starting eleven's again. I don't like Mathieu at all.

anguy

I expect something similar to the 3-1 win against PSG where Barca put up a great performance. Adriano is a solid player but I can hardly see him do what Alves does.

That was an emergency lineup that likely won't be repeated. It was during 1st half of season, in 2015 LE stopped the experimentation (both personal and tactical) after he moved Messi to RW. Adriano will likely play instead of Alves. PSG left wing is not as dangerous as right one (Moura), he can handle it.

Home of Barca Fans