CL quarters: Barca - PSG 2-0 (5-1 agg.)

L

linetty

(unofficial) Barcelona line-up: TerStegen - Montoya Pique Mascherano Alba - Rakitic Busquets Iniesta - Messi Suarez Neymar #fcblive

It's still unofficial and they didn't tell the source but Montoya's presence in there bothers me, to say the least.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Well, my initial point still stands (imo at least) their absences won't count for as much as you seem to believe. In my book, they are basically missing Verratti. All the others, they can readily replace. In fact, I think Ibra's absence, is a blessing in disguise for them.

I really don't buy the Ibra absence being a blessing in disguise for them, and you're underrating the impact both the absences of Motta and Verratti will have for them.

In any case, I think Barca will win 0-2, so this discussion might be moot, just saying IMO a draw makes a very uncomfortable situation for the return leg and it'll be a big waste of a nice opportunity.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
I remember in 2013 Barca drawing PSG 2-2 in Paris and then suffering a lot in the return leg, needing a limping injured Messi to be subbed in to squeeze a goal to win with away goals. Just saying.

fcbdna

Banned
(unofficial) Barcelona line-up: TerStegen - Montoya Pique Mascherano Alba - Rakitic Busquets Iniesta - Messi Suarez Neymar #fcblive

It's still unofficial and they didn't tell the source but Montoya's presence in there bothers me, to say the least.

Montoya FFS?! Where's Adriano. . . Montoya's gonna get steamrolled.

Jombi

Every time people feel uneasy about Montoya starting, he tend to play like a mixture bewtween Cafu and Maldini. I dont think we should be worried.

PhilS

PSG has paid a whole bunch of money for their players. They have hired quite a few of the most glamorous players in the world. You can tell just from how famous they are that 5 or 6 of them are better than the Barca first 11. Unless you evaluate them by on-field, team performance on offense and defense.

Pique is the best defender in the world so far in 2015, despite his error last game. Messi is currently the best player in the world, and is also the best player of all time. No defense is better than this season's Barca defense, their record speaks for itself. I think the Trident are the best 3 players to ever play together on one line.

PSG is quite good, with quite a few very fine players. They are trying to break through to be one of the very best teams, but so far all they have proven is that they belong in the larger group of very good teams. I think Barca is going to show them yet again, today, why PSG can still only aspire to the Barca level.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Official lineup

barcastuff @barcastuff
Barcelona line-up (official): TerStegen - Montoya Pique Mascherano Alba - Rakitic Busquets Iniesta - Messi Suarez Neymar #fcblive

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Barca XI at PSG: Ter Stegen; Montoya, Piqué, Mascherano, Jordi Alba; Rakitic, Busquets, Iniesta; Messi, Suárez, Neymar.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
PSG XI: Sirigu; VdW, Marquinhos, Thiago Silva, Maxwell; Matuidi, Rabiot, Cabaye; Lavezzi, Cavani, Pastore

Home of Barca Fans